Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MSU recruits

Started by pcrouch3809, January 06, 2008, 08:25:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pcrouch3809

Any chance of any of MSU committs or recruits come here, because of the hiring of Johnson?

jim hog

It would be nice to have Johnson bring 3 or 4 top notch recruits.

Oklahawg

Most important is that the recruits fit the system. This staff is already handed a lot of commits. Pieces to a puzzle we may not be assembling any longer.

MSU is rivaled only by Vandy in difficulty of recruiting in the SEC. Starkville is a tough sell. I would bet that we can target quite a bit higher up the food chain and find success.

Of course, robbing the top 2-3 would be sweet, also, as I'm sure there are a couple of gems already committed. Every school gets a few.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jackflash

Isn't there top notch CB out of Mississippi, wonder if this would help us on him

PrescottHog

How about bringing that 4 star safety with him, I watched his video and he is a beast. He also just bumped down to just a soft verbal.

dwbhog

Quote from: jackflash on January 06, 2008, 09:36:06 pm
Isn't there top notch CB out of Mississippi, wonder if this would help us on him

A couple 4 star (Rivals) DB's & a WR left in the state of MS that have not committed to anyone yet.
Charles Mitchell (Clarksdale, MS) & Alonzo Lawrence (Lucedale, MS) DB's
DeAndre Brown (Ocean Springs, MS) WR

aloha_kid

Quote from: PrescottHog on January 06, 2008, 09:46:54 pm
How about bringing that 4 star safety with him, I watched his video and he is a beast. He also just bumped down to just a soft verbal.

How bout this guy:

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=72805

What a name

Razorbackmedic

According to Rivals Johnson only was lead recruiter on one of the commits a 2 star DE.

ashleyswine

MSU is rivaled only by Vandy in difficulty of recruiting in the SEC. Starkville is a tough sell.
[/quote]boy you got that right  Starkville is the most aptly named town i ever saw

Beaverfever

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 07, 2008, 12:37:08 am
How bout this guy:

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=72805

What a name
OMG amazing.  I've always wondered if there was someone with that name.  His parents are jerks.  I saw this graduation video once where the principal ( a woman) was reading about the accomplishments of mike hunt.

saywhat?

Quote from: dwbhog on January 06, 2008, 09:49:44 pm
A couple 4 star (Rivals) DB's & a WR left in the state of MS that have not committed to anyone yet.
Charles Mitchell (Clarksdale, MS) & Alonzo Lawrence (Lucedale, MS) DB's
DeAndre Brown (Ocean Springs, MS) WR

Alonzo Lawrence is said to be a Bama lock.  Charles Mitchell and DeAndre Brown have grade problems I believe.

HoggyWayne

I would definately go by Michael, even if my birth certificate said Mike. I'm sure he's a tough kid growing up with a name like that.

Razorbackmedic

Quote from: HoggyWayne on January 07, 2008, 12:53:07 pm
I would definately go by Michael, even if my birth certificate said Mike. I'm sure he's a tough kid growing up with a name like that.

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 204 lbs
Forty: 4.75 secs
Bench max: 300 pounds
Bench reps: 15
Squat max: 400 pounds
Vertical: 28 inches
Shuttle: 4.62 secs

With stats like that I bet he doesn't get much ribbing now though.

aloha_kid

Quote from: CHafar on January 07, 2008, 09:59:00 pm
Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 204 lbs
Forty: 4.75 secs
Bench max: 300 pounds
Bench reps: 15
Squat max: 400 pounds
Vertical: 28 inches
Shuttle: 4.62 secs

With stats like that I bet he doesn't get much ribbing now though.

Maybe that is how he got that big

Zen_Hog

DeAndre Brown would be a good get.

Wildhog

I was looking on rivals, and maybe I'm wrong, but it appears as though Johnson didn't do that much recruiting..
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 08, 2008, 01:31:40 am
I was looking on rivals, and maybe I'm wrong, but it appears as though Johnson didn't do that much recruiting..

He didn't.  He is supposed to be a very good evaluator of talent, somewhat the same reputation that Reggie Herring had when he came here (evaluator not recruiter).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Nashville Fan

or Croom leaving for Baltimore?
Pittman or Bust!