Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What effect would David Lee taking a job with the Dolphins.............

Started by gohawgsgo, January 06, 2008, 07:50:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gohawgsgo

have on Ole Miss's attempted raid on our commitments?  I know he did a great job in the pre-season recruiting in-state this year.

hog_fan

Where did you hear this at? I love it. Two people bailed on Nutt.

The Boar War

Wow I didn't know this happened.  I think this hurts Ole Miss' chances at our recruits. 

hog_fan

AnthroHog

Razorback commitments that list David Lee as their primary recruiter:  Lavunce Askew, Greg Childs, De'Anthony Curtis, Austin Eoff, Chris Gragg, Basmine Jones, Jarious Wright, and Jim Youngblood.

HotlantaHog

I will be truly disappointed to see David Lee leave Ole Miss if this is true.

ArKan5a5 KiD

COCHISE

If this is true I feel a lot more comfortable about our recruits staying committed.  For some reason these young men were still buying in to Lee's "pro style offense" bologna.

SpiritHog

Loved the quote regarding Nutt

" I can't tell you how much he'll be apprecited here if he has identical success as he had with Ar-kansas."

It won't make a lot of difference to their program and may take the recruiting pressure on our commits down a notch.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Big Daddy

jackflash

I think this was good move for David. Glad he maded it gets him away from Nutt.  And he was a good recruiter

hog_fan

Quote from: Big Daddy on January 06, 2008, 09:35:07 pm
First Campbell now Lee. Whose next?

Rocker, Lee, and Maruson aren't on the coaching roster. Lee is now gone. I suspect Rocker is next if he can find another job. Any halfway decent coach and recruiter doesn't wanna coach for Nutt. Let's face it the two ulm guys were moving up and derrick nix wanna to coach with brother and big bro nix was about to be fired by Spurrier. No one wanted vaughn or shibest.

Hell, dAvid Lee had already started to recruit for Ole Miss I'm pretty sure. Pretty sure the two star qb committ mentioned talking to Lee and his pro style offense

COCHISE

Boy I sure hate that Ole Miss' coaching staff is starting to deteriorate, especially less than a month before NSD. <insert sarcasm>

hog_fan

Nutt has now lost two staff members and may lose Rocker. Hasn't announced Rocker yet so I question if he isn't looking around

ArKan5a5 KiD

I wish we coulda kept Rocker on board....i liked him and so did alot of recruits. I know Lavunce Askew really like him.

hawgwash

This will be a blow to HDN relative to recruiting on this side of the river.  David Lee was the only one who knew how to get to Warren, Arkansas.  Directions are available on Mapquest, but that requires using the internets.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Yea David Lee was HDN's link to the Warren and Camden boys b/c he's the one who was recruiting them so if Lee goes i dont think we have to worry about losing any of them to Ole Piss anymore....not that it was a worry anyways but expecially not now!

The_Bionic_Pig

He is the main reason we got most of our in-state skill position recruits especially on the Offensive side of the ball, making it that much more difficult to persuade them to switch to the University of Mississippi.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hawgwash

Quote from: josh_sec33 on January 06, 2008, 11:41:59 pm
Two people bailed on Nutt...who else bailed?
There's at least some speculation Tracy Rocker may be going to Texas A&M with Herring.

AnthroHog

josh_sec33

ah thanks. I was out of loop all last week, I had no internet to keep up to date on anything.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

The Boar War

Quote from: jerbear on January 06, 2008, 08:11:48 pm
This is the only thing I could find.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=943&mid=109368919&sid=1036&tid=109368919&style=2&Override=1

I loved reading the follow up comment where they believe David Lee will now be either the offensive coordinator or a qb coach at Miami.  Please I'm sure he'll be back in the film room.

The next poster resigned himself to the fact that Houston will be his own OC.  The chickens are coming home to roost. 

aloha_kid

Quote from: hog_fan on January 06, 2008, 09:48:43 pm

Rocker, Lee, and Maruson aren't on the coaching roster. Lee is now gone. I suspect Rocker is next if he can find another job. Any halfway decent coach and recruiter doesn't wanna coach for Nutt. Let's face it the two ulm guys were moving up and derrick nix wanna to coach with brother and big bro nix was about to be fired by Spurrier. No one wanted vaughn or shibest.

Hell, dAvid Lee had already started to recruit for Ole Miss I'm pretty sure. Pretty sure the two star qb committ mentioned talking to Lee and his pro style offense

Wonder if Rocker would be interested in going back to Auburn?  Muschump is at UT now.

Porklandia

Quote from: hawgwash on January 06, 2008, 10:35:02 pm
This will be a blow to HDN relative to recruiting on this side of the river.  David Lee was the only one who knew how to get to Warren, Arkansas.  Directions are available on Mapquest, but that requires using the internets.

That, my friend, is hilarious!!!
Put a Hog on it!

outlawhogeywells

I went to the Dolphins web page and cannot find any info on Lee being hired

Kevin

dolphins don't have a coach.  if this is true then it has to be player personell related. imo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SpiritHog

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm 

I think this is where it came from.  It has to be a rumor as Sparano cannot be hired until the Boys are out of it.  Hence he cannot be assembling a staff of which David Lee would likely be a part.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

jgphillips3

Forget about bailing on HDN, who the heck wants to coach at Ole Miss?  Oh, yeah, HDN...

ballhogger14u

I guess that means Nutt will want to hire Gus as his OC now right!

grayhawg

COCHISE

Quote from: grayhawg on January 07, 2008, 06:19:52 pm
Is He taking the ladders and concrete blocks?
Speaking of ladders, has anyone checked to make sure they weren't stolen too, probably at Ole Miss right now.

grayhawg

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 07, 2008, 06:26:10 pm
Speaking of ladders, has anyone checked to make sure they weren't stolen too, probably at Ole Miss right now.
I don't think we will need them. 8)

COCHISE

N HOG

Are the Dolphins going to be the first pro team to run the option?

COCHISE

Quote from: N HOG on January 07, 2008, 06:53:56 pm
Lee's not going to have that kind of influence.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: N HOG on January 07, 2008, 06:53:56 pm

Come on guys lay off of my Dolphins....haven't we suffered enough  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

COCHISE

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 07, 2008, 07:25:09 pm
Come on guys lay off of my Dolphins....haven't we suffered enough  ;)
I'll wait until after the draft to answer that question... ;)

hawgwash

havok

Not sure the effect on Ole Miss, but it is a great fit for the Dolphins.  He already knows exactly how Parcells likes his Coffee.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: havok on January 08, 2008, 11:55:09 am
Not sure the effect on Ole Miss, but it is a great fit for the Dolphins.  He already knows exactly how Parcells likes his Coffee.

Oh that was evil....lol
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*