Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OL- Josh Tatum

Started by shshark00, January 03, 2008, 10:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shshark00

I just read that Tatum switched his committment from Ark to Ole Piss. He said if Markuson had stayed, he prolly would have as well. Hate to lose a 6'6 315 lb. big guy, but I think OL is one of our strongest and deepest areas already.

hog_fan

Lowest rated committ we had. Let him go and tell him not to visit. He would just screw with our current committs.

Sao Ming

Poor kid.  Talk about bad advice.

shshark00

Quote from: hog_fan on January 03, 2008, 10:36:20 pm
Lowest rated committ we had. Let him go and tell him not to visit. He would just screw with our current committs.

Yeah, no need for those 2-star recruits. I regret us offering Luigs and Garner as well.

Jim Harris

This guy has no offers from Alabama, Auburn, UAB or Southern Miss. Take that for what it's worth. The homers would have said, "Oh, we're not going to offer him because he's already committed to Arkansas." The guy is a serious project for Markuson. He'll probably make All-SEC in five years though.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

stronguard

I'm with Drake.  I tend to judge the quality of recruits by the offers they have garnered.  I'm all about reaching for an occassional diamond in the rough, I'm just tired of our  recruiting classes resembling a field trip to Murfreesboro. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

secfan1

I guess all we can say is have fun at ole miss. BYE

Mr. Prozac

He's from Alabama. If he wants to follow the position coach he had intended to play for, I can't really find fault with that. Besides, you have to admit Markuson has done wonders with some unheralded recruits in the past.

jep_hog_fan

List of who can come back:

78    Valdez, Jose  OT  6-5  307  Jr. 
       Morris, Carter  OT  6-6  290  Fr.
76    Hart, Jim  OT  6-5  300  RFr.
73    Dominguez, Ray  OT  6-4  307  RFr. 
74    Crowell, Kareem  OT  6-4  315  Fr. 
62    Aguirre, Michael  OT  6-6  313  So. 
70    Standridge, Cody  OG  6-3  275  RFr.   
       Bemberg, Clay  OL  6-3  264  RFr.
66    Petrus, Mitch  OG  6-4  295  Jr.   
       Scott, Joel  OG  6-4  260  Fr.
71    Grayson, Wade  OG  6-4  280  Fr.   
65    Love, DeMarcus  OG  6-5  307  RFr.

Even if Petrus decides to go pro, and the addition of Matt Hall, we should still be ok on the O line. :razorback:

Razorvet

As soon as he decommited our recruiting avg ranking went up. We now have 18 committs which gives Petrino enough room to fill  his own needs.

WrigleyvilleHog

Hadn't seen much of OU all season but yesterday I couldn't help but notice the big OL that we almost had...Duke Robinson out of Atlanta.  He looked like an All American in the making...maybe if we could land studs and quit having to pray for the next Felton to pan out! I'm glad this kid's not coming. Go Petrino!

SpiritHog

Been in the Recruiting Forum most of the day.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

clew

Quote from: stronguard on January 03, 2008, 10:44:09 pm
I'm with Drake.  I tend to judge the quality of recruits by the offers they have garnered.  I'm all about reaching for an occassional diamond in the rough, I'm just tired of our  recruiting classes resembling a field trip to Murfreesboro. 

That may have been done to death, but it was the first time I have seen it.  I've been hunting for diamonds there and I get the joke.  Funny stuff. +1
Pure as the dawn

Cale

Quote from: shshark00 on January 03, 2008, 10:37:57 pm
Yeah, no need for those 2-star recruits. I regret us offering Luigs and Garner as well.

I see what you're getting at with Luigs, but Garner is terrible.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: stronguard on January 03, 2008, 10:44:09 pm

LMAO  +1

bcdeputy

Quote from: shshark00 on January 03, 2008, 10:37:57 pm

Agreed!!!!