Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pryor wants Mallett to transfer

Started by MS_HogFan, January 02, 2008, 08:27:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bgsisco

U.P. HOGG

mj4president

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 09:42:54 pm
Some think Mallett will follow the former Michigan QB coach. 

Where is the QB coach going?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

MS_HogFan

QuoteWhere is the QB coach going?

Hopefully somewhere terrible so Mallett wont go.
SOOIE

The real Hogules

Quote from: mj4president on January 02, 2008, 09:51:23 pm
Where is the QB coach going?

I've also heard Tennessee is as possibility as well......................for the QB coach I mean.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hog_of_the_HILL

It was worth the wait

mj4president

Anyone think BP would go after him if he were to transfer?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hawgwash

I've read there's a good chance the Michigan QB coach will be rehired by RR.  Apparently he immediately fired the entire staff, then let them interview to come back.  I think one assistant has been rehired.  If the QB coach is rehired at Michigan, that will be an argument for RM staying there.  But I'm sure it wouldn't be the only factor.

jsimpso3

do you guys really think the kid wants to be a hog?
i mean, i'm sure he did at one time, but nuttjob screwed that up
maybe we should let it go, it seems he has

The_Hill

January 02, 2008, 11:15:05 pm #12 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:16:52 pm by The_Hill
Quote from: jsimpso3 on January 02, 2008, 10:44:24 pm
What indicates that he has given up on being a hog at all? No one knows anything, everything right now is rumors and heresay nothing is fact.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Hogs12

January 02, 2008, 11:23:59 pm #13 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:06:20 am by Hogs12
Quote from: mj4president on January 02, 2008, 10:19:05 pm
I believe so. Remember RM would have to redshirt a year but he already has a year and some change in college under his belt. He would most likely be the front runner for the starter spot in 2009.

I do not know if he still wants to be a hog but he has to look to being coached in a system that is pretty damn perfect for him at Arkansas. RR can say all he wants about adapting with the players he has but who was the first person other than his family I believe to tell them he was going to Michigan? That is right T. Pryor. I honestly believe he really has to look do I want to remain home and being coached by one of the best offensive coaching staffs( Summers, P. Petrino and B. Petrino etc) or remain where a Freshman most likely has all but surely been given the starting job? If it is the first one, he transfers asap to Arkansas. This is how I see it play out, he finds out Pryor is going to commit to Michigan, RM then withdraws from Michigan, calls the Arkansas coaching staff and tell them I am transferring there. As they say "the rest will be history".

Hawgballz

He still wants to be a hog.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hogs12

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 02, 2008, 11:50:10 pm
He still wants to be a hog.

How sure are you? If that is the truth, the coaching staff has to talk to him ASAP. Talk about everybody being happy. T. Pryor can go to Michigan and run RR's offense, RM can transfer to Arkansas but take his redshirt and be back home, Tyler Wilson and the other QB's can get competition in the summertime and fall with RM and get pretty good coaching. I think at the end of the day, RM does decide to transfer to Arkansas.

Wildhog

Today Ryan Mallett asked for his transcript and release from his football scholarship, according to a Michigan board.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogs12 on January 03, 2008, 12:09:33 am
  How sure are you? If that is the truth, the coaching staff has to talk to him ASAP. Talk about everybody being happy. T. Pryor can go to Michigan and run RR's offense, RM can transfer to Arkansas but take his redshirt and be back home, Tyler Wilson and the other QB's can get competition in the summertime and fall with RM and get pretty good coaching. I think at the end of the day, RM does decide to transfer to Arkansas.

Certain
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mj4president on January 02, 2008, 10:19:05 pm

Believe me they want him bad!  If he doesn't end up at Arkansas it won't be for lack of effort.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

Arkansas covets and desperately needs Ryan Mallett.

Beaverfever

If pryor will only go to mich if mallett transfers I wouldn't be that surprised if RR is privately telling mallett to hit the door.  Pryor is just perfect for RR's system.

jgphillips3

Ryan will certainly have options.  However, playing for an "offensive genius" (consensus national opinion prior to him leaving college football) at your home State university would have to be a big, big lure.  If I was him, I would certainly think I could beat out the talent on campus (not saying that he can, but HE would have to think that).  If he does transfer, I would say there is over a 90% chance he will come to Arkansas if they will take him (and why wouldn't they?).

Slackavelli

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 03, 2008, 12:19:46 am
Today Ryan Mallett asked for his transcript and release from his football scholarship, according to a Michigan board.
link?

Beaverfever

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 03, 2008, 11:15:04 am
Ryan will certainly have options.  However, playing for an "offensive genius" (consensus national opinion prior to him leaving college football) at your home State university would have to be a big, big lure.  If I was him, I would certainly think I could beat out the talent on campus (not saying that he can, but HE would have to think that).  If he does transfer, I would say there is over a 90% chance he will come to Arkansas if they will take him (and why wouldn't they?).
I would imagine we have a lot less to compete with than most decent programs.

Slackavelli

What's the deal with thisguy(TP)flat out fearing RM?  I've never heard of a Top ERated 5* say he'd only go dsomewhere if somebody else ytransfers....(I leave out thias obvious name calling, TP- man up son!

Slackavelli

scorekeeper

Quote from: Slackavelli on January 03, 2008, 11:19:40 am
link?
If this guy is lying on this board then just look over his message. If he gives you the link how sure can you be that the people on michigans board aren't lying???? If you think its a rumor then don't pay any attention to the message.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?