Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The bowl loss did hurt recruiting

Started by Tomhog™, January 02, 2008, 12:54:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

There were a lot of recruits and high school coaches on hand at the Cotton Bowl to witness the demolition of our defense and the ineptitude of our offense by the Missouri Tigers.  While I'm sure they understand a coaching change is taking place, the thrashing still lives a bad taste in their mouths. I found this quote in an online article:

"You have two great running backs who are supposed to be on top of the world, and we shut them down. The recruits here in Texas see that," Williams (Missouri defensive tackle) said. "They know where good things are, so hopefully it changes their mind a little bit and gets them thinking about Missouri."

I'm not sure how many Texas recruits garner offers from both Arkansas and Missouri, but I'd be willing to be that the ones that do will be heading further north.  Blue-chip recruits want to play for winning programs.  Missouri could have a phenominal year next year.  Arkansas, anything above 0.500 would be miraculous.  This program will take 2-3 years to bring it back up again, regardless of coach.  And that restoration begins with recruiting.

Petrino and his assistant coaches will have to work harder than any other school in recruiting.  He can count on about 8-10 of his commits from in-state.  The other 15-17 will have to come from out of state.  From all I can gather, his primary focus will be on Texas.  But he won't forget about eastern OK, the Memphis area, northern Lousiana, Alabama, Georgia, etc.  He is assembling a staff that I believe will be top-notch recruiters and coaches.  I really hope this is the hire that has awakened the sleeping giant Arkansas has always been.  But this year's class will be just a little bit harder to sign due to this humiliating loss.

Pork Twain

Honestly, how did it hurt recruiting since most of that staff is gone and getting upgraded?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jgphillips3

I think it only hurt us on guys who were shaky to begin with.  Everyone knows a new coach is coming in and Missouri will not - repeat, will not - be as good next year without Chase Daniel at QB.  If Petrino and crew hit the ground running when the dead period is over, I think we will have a fine year recruiting.

mossfan33

why would chase daniel not be at QB?  he's only a junior and the NFL isn't jumping up and down at the chance of getting a 5-11 QB.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 12:54:22 pm
There were a lot of recruits and high school coaches on hand at the Cotton Bowl to witness the demolition of our defense and the ineptitude of our offense by the Missouri Tigers.  While I'm sure they understand a coaching change is taking place, the thrashing still lives a bad taste in their mouths. I found this quote in an online article:

"You have two great running backs who are supposed to be on top of the world, and we shut them down. The recruits here in Texas see that," Williams (Missouri defensive tackle) said. "They know where good things are, so hopefully it changes their mind a little bit and gets them thinking about Missouri."

I'm not sure how many Texas recruits garner offers from both Arkansas and Missouri, but I'd be willing to be that the ones that do will be heading further north.  Blue-chip recruits want to play for winning programs.  Missouri could have a phenominal year next year.  Arkansas, anything above 0.500 would be miraculous.  This program will take 2-3 years to bring it back up again, regardless of coach.  And that restoration begins with recruiting.

Petrino and his assistant coaches will have to work harder than any other school in recruiting.  He can count on about 8-10 of his commits from in-state.  The other 15-17 will have to come from out of state.  From all I can gather, his primary focus will be on Texas.  But he won't forget about eastern OK, the Memphis area, northern Lousiana, Alabama, Georgia, etc.  He is assembling a staff that I believe will be top-notch recruiters and coaches.  I really hope this is the hire that has awakened the sleeping giant Arkansas has always been.  But this year's class will be just a little bit harder to sign due to this humiliating loss.

And I'm sure our (aka Ole Miss's and A&M's) coaches were enjoying every minute of Arkansas's future recruiting taking a hit yesterday.
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

Tomhog™

January 02, 2008, 01:24:53 pm #5 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 01:26:56 pm by Tomhog™
The only ones that didn't our chances with are the in-state, born to be a Hog.  It doesn't take much to sway a teenager this way or that.  This bowl game was their last impression before signing day.

Chase will be at MO next year.  Another reason they should be really good again in '08.

EDIT - Let's think about Devin Thomas who is visiting Ole Miss.  In his impressionable mind, he saw what happens to the running game at Arkansas without Nutt.  Does anyone honestly think the game doesn't weigh on his mind?

pedrothelion

It's obviously going have a negative short term effect, but then again recruiting in Texas is probably going be lost case this season for a variety of reasons.

In the long term it's all about how we do on field (specifically our progress from game to game) the next couple of years and who BP hires as his assistants and their ability to develop relationships in the Texas high school football world.

Hogstocking

A decision on the next 4 years of their lives is based on ONE bowl game being coached by a bunch of guys that wont even be here next season?   Wow.  And I think it's comical that shutting down DMAC is 100 yards and a TD.  My his expetations are high.

NO SCHOOL in a coaching transition won their bowl game.  Obviously Michigan did, but Carr coached that game. 

Pork Twain

January 02, 2008, 01:36:02 pm #8 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 01:39:33 pm by BeoPig™
Running game without Nutt???  Wasn't Lee the OC this year?  Our defense and lack of passing attack lost that game for us and recruits should be rejoicing that the coaches that failed in those areas are gone.  I do not think these kids are given enough credit for seeing that.

It will only take one year for people to see what BP brings to the table vs Nutt.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Brewerfan10

I think in a way it helps, BP can go into any high school seniors house in the nation and say that he has at least 20 starting spots up for grabs. I doubt if anyone but Luiggs and Fairchilds starting positions are safe. So if a recruit is wanting to play early, we can for sure offer that.

IronHog

Quote from: Tomhog? on January 02, 2008, 12:54:22 pm

70-17
50-14

That hurt recruiting.

No one watched the second rate broadcast of yesterday's game anyway.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jim hog

Recruit hard BP and let's turn this thing around.

DizzyHawgFan

When a 100 yard game is considered a failure, you are one helluva running back. 

Razorod

First and foremost, recruiting is about relationships. The next most important thing is the product on the field. The ability to build relationships with players and their coaches and maintain their trust is vital. Now, if you can't win games, then ultimately players will go elsewhere.

I say this to say that the win will help Mizzou more than the loss will hurt us. Had Nutt actually been on the sidelines and if he was going to be our coach next year, then the damage would be tremendous.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

OKhogfan1959

I think it helped a lot.. If I was watching that game and wanted to start as a freshman I would be more interested in Arkansas than ever before. If that set of coaches were staying at Arkansas then I would be concerned. I think that game hurt Miss!

Tomhog™

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 02, 2008, 01:36:02 pm
Running game without Nutt???  Wasn't Lee the OC this year?  Our defense and lack of passing attack lost that game for us and recruits should be rejoicing that the coaches that failed in those areas are gone.  I do not think these kids are given enough credit for seeing that.

It will only take one year for people to see what BP brings to the table vs Nutt.

But in the mean time, the Cotton Bowl loss will be on their minds.  This setback is short term to be certain, but a negative effect it did have in that period.

saywhat?

I disagree it hurt recruiting.  Like the poster above said, if anything it helped.  When you have a month to prepare for a one dimensional offense you can stop it.  Arkansas defense was prepared to shut down Mizzou's pass and did just that, but Mizzou had balance and torched us with the run.  Herring made no adjustments because he doesn't know how to and has been that way his whole career.  With Petrino and Johnson a recruit knows what he's getting.  A wide open offense and an in your face defense.  With what Arkansas has coming back, every person Petrino looks at is a potential starter with the exception of OL.  Same with the defense.  If you play in the secondary you can start next year at Arkansas.

Tomhog™

sorry, but a loss NEVER helps.

So let's reverse and say the Hogs won, does that mean recruiting is hurt?  We can always spin things to the positive, but in the end, a loss is a loss.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: DizzyHawgFan on January 02, 2008, 02:00:27 pm
When a 100 yard game is considered a failure, you are one helluva running back. 

in 3 quarters of action...

pedrothelion

Quote from: saywhat? on January 02, 2008, 02:11:51 pm
I disagree it hurt recruiting.  Like the poster above said, if anything it helped.  When you have a month to prepare for a one dimensional offense you can stop it.  Arkansas defense was prepared to shut down Mizzou's pass and did just that, but Mizzou had balance and torched us with the run.  Herring made no adjustments because he doesn't know how to and has been that way his whole career.  With Petrino and Johnson a recruit knows what he's getting.  A wide open offense and an in your face defense.  With what Arkansas has coming back, every person Petrino looks at is a potential starter with the exception of OL.  Same with the defense.  If you play in the secondary you can start next year at Arkansas.
I agree.  Most the Texas players that watch the game know football.  They eat, breath and sleep it.  I think most will look objectively they can see (offensively at least) that we beat our selves more times then not.

I think that this game could potentially damage Ole Miss's recruiting more then any thing else.  When BP visits with Devin Thomas or Curtis he is going to tell them that the Cotton Bowl was Ole Miss football coached by the Ole Miss coaching staff, using the Ole Miss head coaches system.  Then he will pull out film of Michael Bush and Kolby Smith and show them how they will be used if they come to the University of Arkansas.

SpiritHog

Tomhog,

In my short tenure here as an active member; and even longer tenure on MMQB as a visitor; I have learned to respect your opinion.  I hope in this case you are WRONG.  Probably not but I can hope.

SPIRIT
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

tbhogfan

I think it depends on how you define "hurt" recruiting.  If making it harder to get some kids on the cusp between Mizzou and Arkansas, then yes.   

My definition would be that you lose recruits over the game, and I do not see that happening.  Most recruits are smart enough to understand that there is going to be a significant change in offensive and defensive philosophy next year. 

Obviously, the loss did not help, but we will have to wait until signing day to see if it had any real impact.
Go Hogs!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 02:06:06 pm
But in the mean time, the Cotton Bowl loss will be on their minds.  This setback is short term to be certain, but a negative effect it did have in that period.
These kids are very smart and the fact that this coaching staff is on its way out the door will be at the front of their minds.  They are all old enough to remember what BP did at Loisville and tha type of offense he did it with.

The fact that HDN never developed a passing attack and RH has a hard time stopping teams when it counts is what hurt us yesterday.  BP and his staff had nothing to do with that.  If the kids we are recruiting are not smart enough to see that then the chances are they would not qualify anyway.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 02:19:23 pm
DMAC averaged 5+ ypc.  The running game was by no means terrible.  But he certainly wasn't his sharpest, nor was the O Line.

As we have learned a valuable lesson this year; DMAC can't always do it himself.  It takes an entire team to win, hence 8-5 record this year, losses to KY, TN, AL . . . . .
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

PulledPork

can't see it, because.......the thrashing of Texass in the Cotton Bowl didn't help our recruiting, so why would losing hurt it?

Pulled In!

Tomhog™

The kids are smart.  They do their research and see probably know that Arkansas averaged one bowl win per 10 years over the past 20 (2-12).  They will be at their college for 3-5 years and might not want to play for a program that might not win a bowl game during their entire eligibility.

With that being said I will add this: if Bobby Petrino is a hell of a recruiting salesman (which we are all hoping), what he sells in the living room will more negate this loss and the previous 12 bowl losses over the past 20 years.

mj4president

It is as simple as this. RECRUITS DO NOT GO OR  GO TO A SCHOOL BECAUSE OF A GAME. In that case LZ would have been a hog. It is the relationships with coaches, what the city is like, in some cases the location (some guys want to stay close and some want to get out) way before a game that was won or lost. Sure it doesn't help but it doesn't hurt to the extent some of yall are thinking. We will be fine.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Tomhog™

Quote from: PulledPork on January 02, 2008, 03:55:28 pm
can't see it, because.......the thrashing of Texass in the Cotton Bowl didn't help our recruiting, so why would losing hurt it?

Pulled In!

Texas losing and losing badly was an aberration for them.  Arkansas losing and losing badly in bowls (not necessarily in score) is habitual.  This bowl loss reaffirmed that Arkansas is a second-tier team, even though the Hogs won 18 in the past two years.  A lot of blue-chip players want to play for winning programs, not on ones that ride the roller coaster of success and failure. 

Tomhog™

Quote from: mj4president on January 02, 2008, 04:05:24 pm
It is as simple as this. RECRUITS DO NOT GO OR  GO TO A SCHOOL BECAUSE OF A GAME. In that case LZ would have been a hog. It is the relationships with coaches, what the city is like, in some cases the location (some guys want to stay close and some want to get out) way before a game that was won or lost. Sure it doesn't help but it doesn't hurt to the extent some of yall are thinking. We will be fine.

I believe we will be fine, too.  I don't believe there will be a mass exodus of recruits because of one loss.  But I believe we may lose one or two that were on the fence.  Maybe they are already commits at this point, maybe we are just on their list.  Truly, we will never know.  No recruit is going to say "I committed to school X because Arkansas sucked in the Cotton Bowl".

Razorvet

I think the future of the hogs is in the air. The running game will be much more effective but much less prominant. What the CB loss proves is something we all knew early in the season. A running back cant win games. Its not what they do. They keep you in games and they play a very important role but cannot carry a team to weekly wins. We have the most talented running trio in the history of the game and still couldnt be effective without a passing game. Next season we will have two young but very talented players hooking up for crazy yardage. I anticipate whoever is doing the ground work will also get 1000 yards. If its Felix it will be even more. If we can keep the Arkansas boys we will be fine. We NEED Curtis, Wilson, Wright, and Hall. Those guys will give us some strength at the key skill positions. The defense needs help. We need to keep all the WR and add a few more. The fact is we lost two solid verbals mid season bc Nutster was dropping too many winnable games and the talent was scared off after seeing his coaching upclose. We lost four star safety Winston Guy to Kentucky bc we let them beat us. We then lost Pick to Kansas after he realized they had a future under Mangiant and he would have nothing under Nutt. If we keep the ones we have and grab a few more I think we will all be pleasantly suprised by what BP can do. We have alot of talent that was being ignored by Nutt bc they wouldnt play his game. Im excited to see what he can do with true passing talent. Guys like Chaison who couldnt seem to find favor in Nutts crew cant be sad to see him go. I  think we have enough four star talent sitting on the shelf and enough role players waiting around that we will be better next season than this season. I dont expect more wins bc of the schedule but if we pull off a win over Texas, A&M, Florida or LSU next season it will only help recruit for the following season. I doubt we lose them all.

Oklahawg

Today, the recruiting was hurt. Long-term? Not much, if at all.

You don't WANT to recruit with that whipping on your resume but it won't kill you. You still were there. You were playing the non-BCS team with the most to prove. Yada yada yada.

When leaving the field a couple of years ago, Vandy coaches gloated that Arkansas would never recruit again in the SEC, that the loss to Vandy would open up doors for them they'd never had opened before. Didn't seem to matter much, one way or the other.

The biggest thing is that the new coach always gets a 2-year pass. Petrino and Co can recruit just fine. The biggest factor to me is getting the returning players hooked up to the Petrino bandwagon by the time recruits hit campus for visits. I suspect there is/was a lot of mixed feelings with the team about what's happened.

The biggest concern about existing recruits is simple: will the change in philosophy affect how the players feel they'd be used at UA? Its why Thomas and Shuler (and Tatum, who is already gone) may switch. As stated elsewhere, the in-state guys already commited are likely locked in to being Razorbacks.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pork Twain

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 03:59:35 pm
The kids are smart.  They do their research and see probably know that Arkansas averaged one bowl win per 10 years over the past 20 (2-12).  They will be at their college for 3-5 years and might not want to play for a program that might not win a bowl game during their entire eligibility.

With that being said I will add this: if Bobby Petrino is a hell of a recruiting salesman (which we are all hoping), what he sells in the living room will more negate this loss and the previous 12 bowl losses over the past 20 years.
If they are smart enough to do your math then they are smart enough to know that HDN was the coach then and he is now at Mississippi so they should all stay away from there.

pignatious

They need to emphasize the positive and I believe they will. Every position is up for grabs, and that is evident. If you are good and you are a senior or a junior in high school and the Hogs are recruiting you, there is a very good chance you will be playing very early on. You are going to be known as one of the players that turned this program around from a regular bowl loser and also-ran for a conference title, into a national title contender and BCS program. That, along with Petrino, the facilities, the NFL spread offense, the campus, etc. should be enough of a recruiting tool to get us in the same room with the big boys.
Freedom is never free.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 02, 2008, 04:51:30 pm
Today, the recruiting was hurt. Long-term? Not much, if at all.

You don't WANT to recruit with that whipping on your resume but it won't kill you. You still were there. You were playing the non-BCS team with the most to prove. Yada yada yada.

When leaving the field a couple of years ago, Vandy coaches gloated that Arkansas would never recruit again in the SEC, that the loss to Vandy would open up doors for them they'd never had opened before. Didn't seem to matter much, one way or the other.

The biggest thing is that the new coach always gets a 2-year pass. Petrino and Co can recruit just fine. The biggest factor to me is getting the returning players hooked up to the Petrino bandwagon by the time recruits hit campus for visits. I suspect there is/was a lot of mixed feelings with the team about what's happened.

The biggest concern about existing recruits is simple: will the change in philosophy affect how the players feel they'd be used at UA? Its why Thomas and Shuler (and Tatum, who is already gone) may switch. As stated elsewhere, the in-state guys already commited are likely locked in to being Razorbacks.
That whipping is not on any of our current coaches resumes...  Players are smart enough to know that

Razorvet

Tater baby is a two star that noone but Nutt knew anything about. But still hes big and fast unless his rivals page is overstating his stats. Its also important to note that Rivals has him as a solid verbal to Arkansas.

Slackavelli

Quote from: Hogstocking on January 02, 2008, 01:34:13 pm
A decision on the next 4 years of their lives is based on ONE bowl game being coached by a bunch of guys that wont even be here next season?   Wow.  And I think it's comical that shutting down DMAC is 100 yards and a TD.  My his expetations are high.

NO SCHOOL in a coaching transition won their bowl game.  Obviously Michigan did, but Carr coached that game. 
aaaaaaaa....WVU?  But ole BM is permanent now, I guess.

IMAballHawg

January 03, 2008, 01:15:06 pm #38 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:21:10 pm by IMAballHawg
Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 02, 2008, 01:09:10 pm
Honestly, how did it hurt recruiting since most of that staff is gone and getting upgraded?

Here in Louisville it was reported that Bobby Petrinos Razorbacks lost in an embarassment of a game in the Cotton Bowl (this was a local sports reporter on TV).  I kid you not thats almost exactly how the loss was reported.  No mention was made that Petrino didnt coach one down of that game.

Again its about perception by the National Media, same thing happened with the "parents meeting" with Broyles.  Turns out it was a harmless meeting with vast majority of the discussion about things not involving on the field plays. But the national media portrayed it at 'meddling parents' and I never once saw a correction by the national media.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

BERLY_HOGMAN

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 02, 2008, 02:05:00 pm
I think it helped a lot.. If I was watching that game and wanted to start as a freshman I would be more interested in Arkansas than ever before. If that set of coaches were staying at Arkansas then I would be concerned. I think that game hurt Miss!

Right on!! The Ole Miss recruits should be the ones that are concerned... Ouch! MSU getting Campbell is good for Ark... I would line up in the same Mizzou formation that they used 99% of the time and burn MSU! HEE HEE... Ark will have the last laugh...

disGUSted

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on January 02, 2008, 01:40:26 pm
I think in a way it helps, BP can go into any high school seniors house in the nation and say that he has at least 20 starting spots up for grabs. I doubt if anyone but Luiggs and Fairchilds starting positions are safe. So if a recruit is wanting to play early, we can for sure offer that.
What about Antwan Robinson, Earnest Mitchell, Jerrell Norton, Jamar Love, DeMarcus Love, D J Christian? By merit or default, these look like starters. ???

ballhogger14u

if my kid has the choice between Arkansas and ole miss and i watched the cotton bowl with most of the ole miss coaching staff and seen how unprepared they were for this game, i sure wouldn't want him to go to ole miss with that OC , and the idiot special teams coach that cost them the 1st down, ole miss got hurt by this, on the other hand if i watched the coaching staff last night for WV and new they were headed to michigan then michigan would be at the top of the list. moral of the story look at the coaches and decide for yourself , if you pick the idiots at ole miss then you probably can't spell your own name

hawgtime

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 03:59:35 pm

whoa, whoa there. please don't use the word "salesman".

i still get sick hearing that.  (Nutty boy's nickname)

seriously, coach P. was and should be again an excellent recruiter (let's hope).  get them in the door and let's rock.

ghg

EastTexasHog

Don't worry, Hogs, we will do very well in recruiting and on the field.  Have some faith.

Bama Hog™

Hopefully it will show all the top players that if they want to play early, come to Arkansas. We need help.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

ksrazorback

My thoughts are this whole season teams lost, but in "November is to remember". Texas and OU lost bowl games, Old Piss did not make a bowl.......
Arkansas comes into 2008 all new, with great aspiration from coaches and fans... I believe we will be fine too, now that we are under NEW and improved Leadership........
By now all can see we need help at several position and can play early!!

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 04:10:07 pm
I believe we will be fine, too.  I don't believe there will be a mass exodus of recruits because of one loss.  But I believe we may lose one or two that were on the fence.  Maybe they are already commits at this point, maybe we are just on their list.  Truly, we will never know.  No recruit is going to say "I committed to school X because Arkansas sucked in the Cotton Bowl".

:razorback: Go Razorbacks 2008   :razorback:   :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Razorvet

Id call the entire top 100 and tell them they get to play right away. Just move down the list till you field a team like Bama. Dont think Saban isnt doing it.

Petrinos Pigs

Quote from: ksrazorback on January 03, 2008, 05:41:59 pm
My thoughts are this whole season teams lost, but in "November is to remember". Texas and OU lost bowl games, Old Piss did not make a bowl.......
Arkansas comes into 2008 all new, with great aspiration from coaches and fans... I believe we will be fine too, now that we are under NEW and improved Leadership........
By now all can see we need help at several position and can play early!!

:razorback: Go Razorbacks 2008   :razorback:   :razorback:

Texas won their bowl game.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

Brer Hog

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 03, 2008, 10:03:10 pm
No it didnt the guys that we will be recruiting wont be coming here for that staff. It would've been the same way if we had won.

Agreed! We will be doing more with more next year.

Petrinos Pigs

Notre Dame didn't even go to a bowl game and their recruiting is doing just fine.

In no way will this hurt recruiting, especially with the new game with aTm @ the billion dollar stadium. 
Hog Born and Hog Breed