Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama and LSU games sell-outs

Started by ricepig, June 07, 2016, 10:02:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

As expected, I figure Florida and OM will soon follow. I thought we might sell out the season tickets, but I guess not.

https://twitter.com/ChrisFreet/status/740175491861073922

JackMcQueen

It's going to be a really tough ticket this season.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Pulled(PP)pork

damn, am not looking forward to $150 general nosebleed tickets

PP

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JackMcQueen on June 07, 2016, 10:37:20 am
It's going to be a really tough ticket this season.

But how can that be? They raised prices.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 07, 2016, 11:25:49 am
damn, am not looking forward to $150 general nosebleed tickets

PP

It wouldn't surprise me that you can buy $150 beer drinking seats, and there will be tickets for face or less.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 07, 2016, 11:27:57 am
But how can that be? They raised prices.

Primary seats are sold out, I doubt all the indoor club seats are sold.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 11:29:22 am
Primary seats are sold out, I doubt all the indoor club seats are sold.

I know. Just giving those that complain constantly about ticket prices and would not go even if they were given a ticket for free a hard time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 07, 2016, 11:37:37 am
I know. Just giving those that complain constantly about ticket prices and would not go even if they were given a ticket for free a hard time.

I fully understand, why complain if you don't buy them?

Pulled(PP)pork

just called said tickets for same starting on the 9th

PP

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 11:40:11 am
I fully understand, why complain if you don't buy them?

Because I live out of state and cannot get to the games. Plus I'm a petty little punk and want to guilt you game-goers as much as I can.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 07, 2016, 12:41:38 pm
Because I live out of state and cannot get to the games. Plus I'm a petty little punk and want to guilt you game-goers as much as I can.  ;)

You can still buy them and complain........

3kgthog

If we lose to TCU and/or Bama, how quickly do we see a truckload of tickets to the other marquee games go up for sale? 

Inhogswetrust

June 07, 2016, 01:23:30 pm #12 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:31:45 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 07, 2016, 12:41:38 pm

I buy season tickets and you think you can guilt me? Not on your life.

P.S. You'd be surprised as to how many people from outside the state of Arkansas go to the games in the state of Arkansas. I know that's at least the wife and I and the six people that sit next to us at RRS.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 07, 2016, 01:23:30 pm
I buy season tickets and you think you can guilt me? Not on your life.

P.S. You'd be surprised as to how many people form outside the state of Arkansas go to the games in the state of Arkansas. I know that's at least the wife and I and the six people that sit next to us at RRS.

I'd go too if I lived in Memphis.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 07, 2016, 01:18:26 pm
If we lose to TCU and/or Bama, how quickly do we see a truckload of tickets to the other marquee games go up for sale? 

What difference does it matter? Sold is sold.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 07, 2016, 01:28:20 pm
I'd go too if I lived in Memphis.

Come on over from Nashville and you can ride with us. Besides you are really close to get to go to several away games a year as are we.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 07, 2016, 01:31:55 pm
Come on over from Nashville and you can ride with us. Besides you are really close to get to go to several away games a year.

I go to road games regularly, but it's not the same as home.

Fayetteville is 8 hours from Nashville, 4 1/2 from Memphis.  If I can't drive somewhere in 5 hours I usually fly, but there are no direct flights from Nashville to NWA, so travel time by air or car is about the same.  Throw in my kids' weekend cheerleading and football for the last 9 years, and it's tough to make it to games.  One way or another, I manage a home game or so every year as a matter of principle.

Before the internet came along, I was known to drive almost to Memphis to pick up untelevised Razorbacks games on the radio.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 07, 2016, 01:45:12 pm

Fayetteville is 8 hours from Nashville, 4 1/2 from Memphis.  If I can't drive somewhere in 5 hours I usually fly, but there are no direct flights from Nashville to NWA, so travel time by air or car is about the same.  Throw in my kids' weekend cheerleading and football for the last 9 years, and it's tough to make it to games.  One way or another, I manage a home game or so every year as a matter of principle.

Before the internet came along, I was known to drive almost to Memphis to pick up untelevised Razorbacks games on the radio.

I understand.

Hogwild

Looks like the Florida game will be on CBS-

week 10
Sat., Nov. 5   Florida at Arkansas
Sat., Nov. 5   Vanderbilt at Auburn
Sat., Nov. 5   Georgia at Kentucky
Sat., Nov. 5   Alabama at LSU
Sat., Nov. 5   Georgia Southern at Ole Miss
Sat., Nov. 5   Texas A&M at Mississippi State
Sat., Nov. 5   Missouri at South Carolina
Sat., Nov. 5   Tennessee Tech at Tennessee

rhames

Quote from: Hogwild on June 08, 2016, 12:15:44 pm
Looks like the Florida game will be on CBS-

week 10
Sat., Nov. 5   Florida at Arkansas
Sat., Nov. 5   Vanderbilt at Auburn
Sat., Nov. 5   Georgia at Kentucky
Sat., Nov. 5   Alabama at LSU
Sat., Nov. 5   Georgia Southern at Ole Miss
Sat., Nov. 5   Texas A&M at Mississippi State
Sat., Nov. 5   Missouri at South Carolina
Sat., Nov. 5   Tennessee Tech at Tennessee

If CBS does their double header possibly.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on June 08, 2016, 12:28:37 pm

If not, CBS will do the Bama/LSU game, probably Bama's 4th game on CBS by then.....

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on June 08, 2016, 12:32:00 pm
If not, CBS will do the Bama/LSU game, probably Bama's 4th game on CBS by then.....

The SEC announced last week the the Bama/LSU game will be at night.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwild on June 08, 2016, 12:33:17 pm
The SEC announced last week the the Bama/LSU game will be at night.

Ok, must have slept since then.

rhames

Quote from: ricepig on June 08, 2016, 12:32:00 pm

Didn't they make special exception last year about that rule for the LSU Bama game?

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: rhames on June 08, 2016, 12:28:37 pm

What's interesting is that's a real possibility. CBS has been trying doubly hard the last few years to set up Bama/LSU in the evening. Many Cajuns have lobbied hard to stop playing us in the 2:30-time slot in Baton Rogue. Turns out Bama is much more nocturnal than otherwise thought.

jkstock04

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 07, 2016, 01:18:26 pm
Quickly. But on the flip side of we start off hot they will be higher demand for higher prices.

Only game I've seen where there literally wasn't a ticket to be had unless you wanted to shell out $300 or so for nosebleeds was 2010 Bama game. Be nice if we could ever get that kind of excitement back to the program again.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rhames

Quote from: jkstock04 on June 08, 2016, 12:45:53 pm
Quickly. But on the flip side of we start off hot they will be higher demand for higher prices.

Only game I've seen where there literally wasn't a ticket to be had unless you wanted to shell out $300 or so for nosebleeds was 2010 Bama game. Be nice if we could ever get that kind of excitement back to the program again.

That environment  was unbelievable

ifghog

Quote from: rhames on June 08, 2016, 12:49:34 pm

That environment  was unbelievable
Best game day experience I have been to in Fayetteville.

010HogFan

Quote from: ifghog on June 08, 2016, 01:51:41 pm

Probably the best ever. Nothing has come close since.

onebadrubi

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 07, 2016, 01:45:12 pm

At least you aren't dedicated or anything!  Lol

onebadrubi

Best part of that game experience came I believe when Greg McElroy was being interviewed after the SEC championship game. He said the loudest stadium they played in all year was Fayetteville, even louder than Tuscaloosa. 

That was an unforgettable game experience.  The student section was crazy!

rhames

Also the games aren't really sell outs yet.

They are trying to entice people who were waiting on single game tickets today to just get season tickets.

It's a smart move.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on June 09, 2016, 07:05:17 am
Also the games aren't really sell outs yet.

They are trying to entice people who were waiting on single game tickets today to just get season tickets.

It's a smart move.

Correct, you can still buy season tickets in the club areas, and a small number of lower level tickets. The tweet said "primary" tickets were sold out, whatever that is, haha. They'll keep the this group as season tickets for awhile.

rhames

I'm really surprised they are even selling Ole Miss and Florida tickets today and not, as of right now, doing an SEC package like they did last year. I'm sure they've ran the numbers and are approaching it the best way they see it though.

LZH

Quote from: ifghog on June 08, 2016, 01:51:41 pm

Reading through this I immediately thought of the 1985 Texas game. Hatfield was a great man and a very good coach, but his teams had a pretty well deserved reputation for not showing up in big games. So it was typical that we came in on a high and ranked #4 in the country, but wound up in a field goal kicking contest and couldn't even win that.

So far, Bielema doesn't seem to have that problem....even when the other team is clearly better. If we can roll into the Alabama game undefeated there will be one helluva buzz in town, the kind that gets the average Joe off the couch and out looking for tickets.

And can you just imagine how it would be if we came out of that weekend still undefeated?

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on June 09, 2016, 07:34:14 am
I'm really surprised they are even selling Ole Miss and Florida tickets today and not, as of right now, doing an SEC package like they did last year. I'm sure they've ran the numbers and approaching it the best way they see it though.

They'd prefer season ticket sales, lol. I guess they are going to sell the remaining Florida and OM seats up to the numbers of the Bama and LSU "sellouts".