Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Received confirmation of tickets to the Arkansas game

Started by alabamaalumnus1993, May 30, 2016, 09:38:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alabamaalumnus1993

From the Alabama athletic department today!  I'm excited about my trip. 

Flying into Fayetteville on Wednesday October 5th.  As a Civil War buff I plan on going to Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove battlefields.  Also plan a day trip to Eureka Springs....looks touristy....and fun.  Hope to catch Dickson Street.  Will definitely walk the campus, and then catch the game.

I've never been to your state and look forward to it!

hogtilicus

Welcome our beautiful state. Eureka Springs is a great place to visit. It is called "Little Switzerland". Look it up on internet before your trip. There is a cave tour and other cool attractions there. It is a short drive thru the mountains from Fayetteville. Dickson St. on game day is a must.

longpig

Hope you like it, get a little farther east and south of Eureka and it'll remind you of NE Alabama.
Don't be scared, be smart.

alabamaalumnus1993

Thanks guys!  I assume Baum Stadium is the best place for a visitor to park?  Any reserved parking available (not through the Razorback foundation), like for a school or church?

razorhog52

Baum Stadium is the easiest place to plank for visitors but honestly its not a bad walk from Dickson and you get to see the campus that way. Check out Crystal Bridges Museum and eat some good food. Have a great visit.

3kgthog

I feel sorry for you if Eureka Springs is part of your must see list during your first visit to Arkansas.

Porked Tongue

snoblind

Nipsey Mussle

Sivad

alabamaalumnus1993:
Sounds like you've well planned the trip and you'll find Fayetteville and Razorback Stadium to be a top flight SEC venue and experience.
Travel safe and hope you have a fine time in a beautiful part of the country.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Sivad on May 31, 2016, 12:57:21 am
alabamaalumnus1993:
Sounds like you've well planned the trip and you'll find Fayetteville and Razorback Stadium to be a top flight SEC venue and experience.
Travel safe and hope you have a fine time in a beautiful part of the country.

Avoid the Catfish Hole.

1highhog

Crystal Bridges is a great place to visit, and I used to enjoy a drive over to Eureka Springs, but I'll say my feelings on it and my post will probably get deleted.  If you enjoy being around a lot of people of alternative lifestyles then Eureka Springs is right up there as a place to go visit, because the last two times I went through there they must have been having a alternative convention in town because it sure wasn't the Eureka Springs that I remembered from years ago.

Dr. Starcs

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RzrbkRat

An early welcome to NWA!

As others mention, Crystal Bridges and downtown Bentonville are a nice place to visit if you are venturing beyond Fayetteville.

Eureka is nice as well.  If you are there try Local Flavor or Ermilios for dinner.  Both are excellent.

alabamaalumnus1993

I will have to look up Crystal Bridges.  Only reason I thought if Eureka Springs is that it looked cool in pictures.  Sort of like a smaller Gatlinburg but prettier.

razorhog52

It's a prettier setting than Gatlinburg. Great architecture and history. Ghost tour and Crescent Hotel are very interesting. It does some good food and great B&B's if you are coming with your spouse, you can make a fun day trip but their are a lot of other things to do in NWA as well.

dhizzle

Quote from: 1highhog on May 31, 2016, 06:32:18 am
Crystal Bridges is a great place to visit, and I used to enjoy a drive over to Eureka Springs, but I'll say my feelings on it and my post will probably get deleted.  If you enjoy being around a lot of people of alternative lifestyles then Eureka Springs is right up there as a place to go visit, because the last two times I went through there they must have been having a alternative convention in town because it sure wasn't the Eureka Springs that I remembered from years ago.

Alternative lifestyles made me laugh.