Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B gets the last laugh (sorta)

Started by HOGGISHABOUTAR, February 10, 2016, 10:38:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Every time coach B makes one of those statements that makes people raise an eyebrow, and the media make fun of him, well, it seems like most of the time he ends up being proven correct or at the least what he said ends up having some serious merit.
Remember the kid that passed away from Sickle Cell out west? Coach B said it was mishandled by the team/school, well, turns out it was.
Most recently he was criticized of the statement about Ole Miserys "creative" recruiting ways? well, 9 0f the 13 football violations found were under Freeze.
NCAA might wanna take a peak at UF.

Maybe some folks need to start taking coach B a little more serious.

Augustus

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on February 10, 2016, 10:38:30 pm
Every time coach B makes one of those statements that makes people raise an eyebrow, and the media make fun of him, well, it seems like most of the time he ends up being proven correct or at the least what he said ends up having some serious merit.
Remember the kid that passed away from Sickle Cell out west? Coach B said it was mishandled by the team/school, well, turns out it was.
Most recently he was criticized of the statement about Ole Miserys "creative" recruiting ways? well, 9 0f the 13 football violations found were under Freeze.

Sorry, but I'm not following.  Ole Miss is not Florida, will never be Florida.  Ole Miss has never won an SEC Championship, nor has been to the SECCG.  Yet all of the sudden they're competing with Bama for 5* players?

There's reason for suspicion there.  It's pretty much a common understanding, even with some Ole Miss fans, that something nefarious has been going on in Oxford.  I mean... there's even a movie about it.

Florida, on the other hand, can recruit on Name alone.  Even after a Coaching change.  They have been to Atlanta recently, won the SECCG, and Nation Championships.

Hambunctious

Maybe CBB knows something you don't know.  He's not a fricking idiot. 
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Augustus on February 10, 2016, 11:10:56 pm
Sorry, but I'm not following.  Ole Miss is not Florida, will never be Florida.  Ole Miss has never won an SEC Championship, nor has been to the SECCG.  Yet all of the sudden they're competing with Bama for 5* players?

There's reason for suspicion there.  It's pretty much a common understanding, even with some Ole Miss fans, that something nefarious has been going on in Oxford.  I mean... there's even a movie about it.

Florida, on the other hand, can recruit on Name alone.  Even after a Coaching change.  They have been to Atlanta recently, won the SECCG, and Nation Championships.

There are not really any schools that can recruit on name ALONE. Even the traditional powers have to have a coach that can recruit effectively. ALL of them have had down years with bad coaches. The name might help them recruit easier but it isn't the only factor.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

snoot hoggy hog

What was slick about that interview is when he pointed out that some schools have planes ready for every assistant to go anywhere in the country. To me that was a message to Jeff Long and whomever else. Don't know if Ole Miss or Florida have that capability, but I still found that interesting. CBB is the Jay-Z of football. He is a master at sending out a subliminal.

bigdaddyhawg

Wrong.  McElwain was not having a "Florida" recruiting season.  And that is witnessed by the fact he was having to pay to get a JC CB on signing day.

It's obvious to anyone watching, including CBB, that McElwain's recruiting is different from the previous, successful regimes at UF, and the OP is correct in that the NCAA needs to look at what they're doing.

Urban Meyer once said, as coach of the Gators, that he could produce a top 10 recruiting class every year and never travel more than one hour from Gainesville. 

And yet McElwain is reaching for a JC CB on signing day???

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

immahog

speaking of ole piss the "rebel grove" board tempeture is high they all seem scared and think they will be hit hard some have said they could see this coming since 2013. most think freeze sold out a long time ago when he told boosters to "do whatever it takes"

would post link but im not sure on the rules
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

26.2Hog

Ole Miss has never won an SEC Championship

Actually, Ole Miss has won 6 SEC championships.

I assume you're too young to know who Johnny Vaught is.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 11, 2016, 09:56:42 am

They were just all prior to there being a championship game right?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

26.2Hog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 11, 2016, 10:00:19 am
They were just all prior to there being a championship game right?

Correct, but SEC championships, nonetheless.

sowmonella

Their last SEC Football Championship season was 53 years ago.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

BRHogfan

Quote from: sowmonella on February 11, 2016, 10:38:46 am
Their last SEC Football Championship season was 53 years ago.

So 3 generations of football players ago.

Justagp

Yes, I had to google.

tophawg19

i think CBB was referring to Florida flipping our player at the last minute when he hadn't visited or anything . He made his point without openly accusing anyone and now we see it playing out .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Honest question:
How well did Bama recruit during that ~15 years of mediocrity between NC's from early 90s to Saban?  I'm guessing ony so-so.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Augustus

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 11, 2016, 10:03:30 am

I would bet you knew the point I was making...

PORKULATOR

you right, they're never gonna be Florida. They recruit better and play offense.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DeltaBoy

Hey Boo Boo Coach B is smarter than the Average Bear

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ALLVOL

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on February 11, 2016, 06:54:12 am
What was slick about that interview is when he pointed out that some schools have planes ready for every assistant to go anywhere in the country. To me that was a message to Jeff Long and whomever else. Don't know if Ole Miss or Florida have that capability, but I still found that interesting. CBB is the Jay-Z of football. He is a master at sending out a subliminal.
Having an "air force" is huge for a school. Butch Jones goes out of his way to thank the "Vol Air Force" at every opportunity. I don't know about Ole Miss but UF has planes as needed but they do most of their recruiting in state.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on February 11, 2016, 06:54:12 am
Well, surprise, surprise, apparently much of the recent success that OM's had in recruiting has far more to do with $$$$$ handed out per recruit rather than miles flown per recruit.

Mike_e

Quote from: immahog on February 11, 2016, 08:31:33 am
speaking of ole piss the "rebel grove" board tempeture is high they all seem scared and think they will be hit hard some have said they could see this coming since 2013. most think freeze sold out a long time ago when he told boosters to "do whatever it takes"

would post link but im not sure on the rules

:)  ole miss has been looking over their shoulders since they hired ogeron.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 12, 2016, 08:35:38 am
Having an "air force" is huge for a school. Butch Jones goes out of his way to thank the "Vol Air Force" at every opportunity. I don't know about Ole Miss but UF has planes as needed but they do most of their recruiting in state.
We have that too, Kanell or one of them guys from ESPN was talking a year or so ago about the improvement of the program, and 1 of the points was the fleet of jets that CBB and staff had at their disposal.

Thomas A

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 11, 2016, 12:59:29 am
Maybe CBB knows something you don't know.  He's not a fricking idiot.
You've got to admit he's pretty close to it!

ricepig

Hoggish1

How young are you, wait, I meant to ask how old are you because if we are talking about JV  that's some ancient sheet....

ricepig

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on February 13, 2016, 06:43:07 pm
I don't think we do.  This was talked about on Bo's show on signing day.  I didn't get to hear it all, but he was talking about how Alabama had a plane for every assistant and we don't.  I  was an acquaintance of Mike Price's son, for a short period of time.  He is an assistant at Tulane, and was recruiting a kicker from Bentonville.  In one of our conversations he was talking about their (brief) time there. He went on for a while about the private jet fleet that Alabama has.  According to him, Texas is the only school that has that many.  I think we have 2 at our disposal.  I think our coaches fly commercial a lot of the time, if they go somewhere separately.

Take that FWIW.

We have several jets at their disposal. The school/RF have two, although the university's plane isn't always available. They use about 4 to 5 booster's jets when available. Yes, sometimes the assistants fly commercial, but a lot of the January trips are on private jets.

ricepig

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on February 13, 2016, 07:28:43 pm
Thanks. Bo gave the impression we were at a considerable disadvantage.

Compared to Bama, of course we are.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

I know of at least one private jet based in Conway that has been volunteered to be at their disposal if needed. My friend has been in the right seat for a couple trips.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Thomas A on February 13, 2016, 03:43:47 pm

Wow Thomas a  that was brilliant!

Hogwild

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 11, 2016, 10:03:30 am

JFK was still alive the last time Ole Miss won the SEC

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Thomas A on February 13, 2016, 03:43:47 pm

Nope............You're the one close to it. As a matter of fact I think you are it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 13, 2016, 11:03:58 am
Well, surprise, surprise, apparently much of the recent success that OM's had in recruiting has far more to do with $$$$$ handed out per recruit rather than miles flown per recruit.
So true
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hoggish1

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on February 10, 2016, 10:38:30 pm

Bravo!  Coach B is No. 1 in my book and always has been...

Hambunctious

Think about the fools, who are Hog fans, who bashed him for saying what most intelligent people already knew.  Some of whom were willing to give OM the benefit of the doubt.  We do have delusional fans, and some of them are delusional for other SEC teams instead of the Hogs. 

Not that here was terrible, but comment boxes at sports news sites were filled with Hog fans supporting OM, and bashing CBB months ago.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.