Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FBI

Started by Hogball58, November 06, 2017, 09:20:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogball58

Is the FBI investigation just pertaining to basketball?  Just saw an article on jump ball about Bamma holding a player out of exhibition game because of the investigation. If Auburn and Miss St and now it seems Bamma pay basketball players, what about football players? 

East Clintwood

Quote from: Hogball58 on November 06, 2017, 09:20:27 pm
Is the FBI investigation just pertaining to basketball?  Just saw an article on jump ball about Bamma holding a player out of exhibition game because of the investigation. If Auburn and Miss St and now it seems Bamma pay basketball players, what about football players? 

It's hard to say how far the investigation may ultimately go.  It's not specifically limited to just basketball but the underlying structure of the AAU and the shoe company camps and the overall sleaziness in the recruitment process has been around longer and is more ingrained in basketball than football.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

31to6

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 06, 2017, 09:37:22 pm

It's hard to say how far the investigation may ultimately go.  It's not specifically limited to just basketball but the underlying structure of the AAU and the shoe company camps and the overall sleaziness in the recruitment process has been around longer and is more ingrained in basketball than football.
College Basketball is so corrupt it makes football look like church camp. Recruits who make "business decisions" are SOP at a lot of places.

Part of it is simple economics because the teams and rosters are so small: You pay two NBA-caliber players and you probably go to a Final 4.

BOAR_N2BWILD

If I am Kentucky basketball I am nervous as heck.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

The Hawg Marshal

I hope they nail Miss State.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

SemperFi

Please tell me that Calapari and UK are named in this investigation. That dude is the sleaziest coach in all of college basketball.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

husker71

but as I said before he hasnt needed to cheat in the last few years.  Just figure out how many are needed and put the word out.  Now before IMHO he was a cheater who hired cheaters.

LRrazorback

There needs to be a huge investigation done on WWW