Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Mississippi State be worried (maybe) article

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 27, 2017, 06:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Simple Swineman

I had to snicker at this section of the article...

Quote"Apparel companies and agents know high profile basketball prospects will end up leaving college after their freshman season or not long after that. Since they know that, they will often provide coaches at college programs extra incentives to give to the player and for the coach to keep for themselves to make sure the player signs with a certain shoe company and agent when they become pros.

Today we learned the FBI not only frowns on such activity, they actually want to throw people in jail who commit such acts."

So from Mississippi State's perspective we just learned today that the FBI frowns upon bribery and tax evasion. Who knew?

GoshenHog

Quote from: Simple Swineman on September 27, 2017, 08:57:20 am
So from Mississippi State's perspective we just learned today that the FBI frowns upon bribery and tax evasion. Who knew?

Not the NCAA.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 27, 2017, 06:27:56 am
Link: https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/9/26/16368752/should-mississippi-state-fans-worry-about-the-adidas-recruiting-scandal

I was with some Arkansas people and media on the way to Starkville several years ago. I asked how in the world can they recruit to this place. They gave me the Johnny Manziel type money motion............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Fan701

I feel about 99% sure the Reggie Perry thing was a corrupt bargain.  If the FBI is aware of it, then I assume Howland will be gone, too.  He's done a great job recruiting players to Starkville - too great to be believable.

The Hawg Marshal

Hoggish1

Is Mistake am Adidas school...?  Never mind.  It is.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I was just about to start this exact thread. The Reggie Perry saga comes to mind
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

navyhog24

Paul

Pig Power

BigSexyHog

LOL.. Be right back going to get the biggest bag of popcorn I can find. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pig in the Pokey

Well, Mom Perry deactivated twitter after multiple meltdowns, and the normally VERY active Reggie Perry hasnt tweeted in 7 days now, even though he was on a visit to Starkville all weekend. Im gonna say this was payout weekend...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang