Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TEXAS TIES A MUST.....

Started by oldfart, November 24, 2012, 12:19:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

WHOEVER the new coach is, he (and/or several of his staff ) MUST have strong ties in Texas... 

moses_007

I thought you meant the next coach would be wearing a UT tie.

redeye

Wrong. Hiring a great head coach is first. Having Texas ties would be great, but you can hire assistants who have Texas ties. A great head coach can either recruit anywhere or knows how to win without great recruits.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: oldfart on November 24, 2012, 12:19:49 am
WHOEVER the new coach is, he (and/or several of his staff ) MUST have strong ties in Texas... 

Did Petrino?

Cobi Hamilton Fan

HardCore

Quote from: oldfart on November 24, 2012, 12:19:49 am

Probably.  Since we apparently cannot take Akansas HS Football to an elite level, it doesn't appear we have much choice.  Until we do, we must have a coach that can or a BIG name that can recruit nationally.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

oldfart

Quote from: redeye on November 24, 2012, 12:33:42 am
Wrong. Hiring a great head coach is first. Having Texas ties would be great, but you can hire assistants who have Texas ties. A great head coach can either recruit anywhere or knows how to win without great recruits.
note that i put the caveat "and/or several of his assistants...."

Hoggie17

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 24, 2012, 12:41:10 am
Did Petrino?
Petrino was so good he did not need Texas ties.  We will not get anyone as good for Arkansas(for Arkansas) in my life time.

texas tush hog

jackflash

whoever we hire must bring in at least 5 great recruiters to make this work

Hawg Life

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 24, 2012, 12:41:10 am
Did Petrino?

Were you impressed with Petrino as a recruiter I thought not being able to get better on defense was a big weakness. With some 4-5 stars on the DL we would been in The National Championship instead of The Cotton Bowl. I love Petrino but the fact is we had 2 classes ranked in the 40's and he had to coach them up, imagine if we had top 20 talent with Petrino's coaching ability. Recruiting Texas is vital.