Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Burgess learns where he stands with Hogs

Started by Richard Davenport, April 06, 2017, 03:34:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

PorkRinds

Dude looks like a man amongst boys out there.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 06, 2017, 05:35:08 pm
For as good as Lake Hamilton's been over the last decade or so, seems like it's been awhile since one has played for the Hogs.

James Johnson, last one to?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Razorbacker79

Wow!  Bet he's not overlooked by others much longer. :razorback:
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

SemperFi

Quote from: Razorbacker79 on April 08, 2017, 10:14:33 pm
Wow!  Bet he's not overlooked by others much longer. :razorback:

Was thinking much the same. This young man plays violently and you've got to love how quickly he is out of his stance and locking onto someone. Suit'em up!!!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Richard Davenport

Will has been cleared to start practicing after suffering a broken foot earlier in the summer. A good season and I see him adding several offers. Arkansas is definitely a possibility.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

duckman

OLDHOG

NoogaHog

I watched his Hudl video. Pretty impressive. I do think it was funny that they put the highlight circle on him during the plays. It was completely unnecessary. He looks like a mountain running around out there, absolutely dwarfs everyone around him.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Richard Davenport

Quote from: NoogaHog on August 23, 2017, 04:57:47 pm
I watched his Hudl video. Pretty impressive. I do think it was funny that they put the highlight circle on him during the plays. It was completely unnecessary. He looks like a mountain running around out there, absolutely dwarfs everyone around him.
He's extremely powerful. I love his nastiness.

RazorBassin

Was thinking Youngblood, but I think he played for Lakeside

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Cinco de Hogo

August 24, 2017, 12:33:17 pm #15 Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:46:28 pm by Cinco de Hogo
Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 23, 2017, 11:50:26 pm
He's extremely powerful. I love his nastiness.

Great but please don't say he's a left tackle!!! 😉

Richard you see a lot of players, when talking about the big heavies doesn't it seem like you can almost read their faces?  It just seems to me that the vast majority of them at any level have a more advance look about them.  Saying that, Burgess has it, just seems to need some work on his footwork.  A player that heavy needs to stay off the ground as much as he can...too exhausting getting up all the time.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: RazorBassin on August 24, 2017, 08:04:09 am
Was thinking Youngblood, but I think he played for Lakeside

I also thought Youngblood was from Lake Hamilton.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 24, 2017, 12:34:10 pm
I also thought Youngblood was from Lake Hamilton.
We are talking about Jim Youngblood, right?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 24, 2017, 02:28:52 pm

The qb that transferred to ASU, I thought he was from Lake Hamilton and if so would have been the last I remembered.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 24, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
The qb that transferred to ASU, I thought he was from Lake Hamilton and if so would have been the last I remembered.

I thought he was from Russellville

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 24, 2017, 02:28:52 pm

He was from Camden Fairview, I believe.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 24, 2017, 12:33:17 pm
Great but please don't say he's a left tackle!!! 😉

Richard you see a lot of players, when talking about the big heavies doesn't it seem like you can almost read their faces?  It just seems to me that the vast majority of them at any level have a more advance look about them.  Saying that, Burgess has it, just seems to need some work on his footwork.  A player that heavy needs to stay off the ground as much as he can...too exhausting getting up all the time.

Left tackle? Where did I say that?

Last year's coach had the linemen in a forward stance with most of their weight on their hands. He'll play in a more conventional stance this year. The question most college coaches had with Will was how would he fire off in a normal stance. He moved very well considering last year's stance.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 24, 2017, 06:36:49 pm
Left tackle? Where did I say that?

Last year's coach had the linemen in a forward stance with most of their weight on their hands. He'll play in a more conventional stance this year. The question most college coaches had with Will was how would he fire off in a normal stance. He moved very well considering last year's stance.

Sorry I guess the joke didn't go over very well.  Nasty+Skipper+left tackle, I didn't mean to infer you said anything, just a bad joke.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 22, 2017, 01:54:51 pm
Will has been cleared to start practicing after suffering a broken foot earlier in the summer. A good season and I see him adding several offers. Arkansas is definitely a possibility.
NOT THE FOOT!!!!

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 24, 2017, 07:37:25 pm
Sorry I guess the joke didn't go over very well.  Nasty+Skipper+left tackle, I didn't mean to infer you said anything, just a bad joke.

LOL. All good.

draftkings33

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 06, 2017, 05:35:08 pm
For as good as Lake Hamilton's been over the last decade or so, seems like it's been awhile since one has played for the Hogs.
They have been pretty bad actually

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.