Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 27, 2014, 10:30:36 pm
GA Southern has been a weekly fav of mine

Me too.  Add Marshall to that as well. Covered every week.

Also, watch Appalachian St (-8) hosting Georgia St. who just gave up 600+ yards to GASO. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

onebadrubi

SOB.  That hurt.  Dallas has been running great, romo gets hurt, runs for 8 yards on first down and then passes 3 times in a row to end the game.  Cowboys will always screw themselves. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 27, 2014, 10:38:34 pm

Also, watch Appalachian St (-8) hosting Georgia St. who just gave up 600+ yards to GASO. 
Utah is my favorite college team to bet this year. I have made out good betting on them.

But I agree with yall on Ga Southern...I have bet on them this year once, maybe twice. I know it worked out well for me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 27, 2014, 10:38:34 pm

Marshall hasn't covered every week in pretty sure

Fort Dweller

I'm crunching numbers on the Cincy (-4) @ Tulane game.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure out why that line is so low.  I know they gave up a lot of points to Memphis and Miami, but they were banged up after playing Ohio St.

But still, what am I missing?  Everything shows me they should be a 10-14 point fav.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 27, 2014, 11:07:50 pm

You're right.  5-2-1 on the year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 27, 2014, 11:09:05 pm
I'm crunching numbers on the Cincy (-4) @ Tulane game.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure out why that line is so low.  I know they gave up a lot of points to Memphis and Miami, but they were banged up after playing Ohio St.

But still, what am I missing?  Everything shows me they should be a 10-14 point fav.

Something is going on, that game isn't on all boards.

jkstock04

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 27, 2014, 11:07:50 pm
They have been pretty hot the past few games it seems. Score a ton of points. I have never jumped on them, but another guy I know has bet them religiously like we are talking about Utah and Ga Southern!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawgndaaz

Romo gonna Romo.

Had them at -6.5 first half. Should have been an easy 14-7 at half if not for Murray's butterfingers.

Lost 4 units but at least im still not a cowboys fan!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

clutch

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 28, 2014, 09:12:05 am
Romo gonna Romo.

Had them at -6.5 first half. Should have been an easy 14-7 at half if not for Murray's butterfingers.

Lost 4 units but at least im still not a cowboys fan!

Think it's more Murray gonna Murray. That dude is a fumbling fool. I knew when I saw him try to keep the play alive for one extra yard that the ball was coming out.

Gonna take me a week to recover from that trip!!!!!!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: clutch on October 28, 2014, 09:24:40 am
Think it's more Murray gonna Murray. That dude is a fumbling fool. I knew when I saw him try to keep the play alive for one extra yard that the ball was coming out.

Yeah, Murray's fumbles are terrible. Playcalling actually reminded me of Arkansas' struggles against the outside blitz. The cowboys kept running those incredibly slow developing play action routes that was getting him killed on the edges and they refused to adjust.

Hawgndaaz

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 27, 2014, 11:09:05 pm

Man, that's what I have been thinking. Not only can Cincy put up a lot of points against an inferior opponent but Tulane can't score! 119th is PF this season.

Dropkick

SPAL

widespreadsooie

Anyone think our total is way too high at 64.5?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 28, 2014, 11:29:58 am
Man, that's what I have been thinking. Not only can Cincy put up a lot of points against an inferior opponent but Tulane can't score! 119th is PF this season.

Glad it isn't just me.

DadVader1

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 29, 2014, 11:22:52 am

I don't play over/unders so don't follow it closely, but MS St. averages 42+ points per game & we average 39+ points per game, so it doesn't sound like that much of a stretch.  I think the determining factor may be how well our dinged up D has recovered.  If Philon, Ellis, and Toliver are still too far below 100%, I could see them hanging 45ish on us like Georgia and Auburn did. On the other hand, Dak looked banged up toward the end of their last game, which can't help their point production.  Also, our passing O probably isn't good enough to take advantage of their weakness at pass D, so we'll be strength on strength with our rushing O against their rush D, which can't help our point production.

SPAL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 29, 2014, 11:22:52 am

Yes. They will shut down our running game, force us to pass, and we will. But we will not score a lot. I'm seeing something like 30-20

SPAL

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 29, 2014, 04:05:31 pm
Riding KC again...

Royals -135

I played em last night, but can't get it below -145 here tonight.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 29, 2014, 01:07:44 pm
I don't play over/unders so don't follow it closely, but MS St. averages 42+ points per game & we average 39+ points per game, so it doesn't sound like that much of a stretch.  I think the determining factor may be how well our dinged up D has recovered.  If Philon, Ellis, and Toliver are still too far below 100%, I could see them hanging 45ish on us like Georgia and Auburn did. On the other hand, Dak looked banged up toward the end of their last game, which can't help their point production.  Also, our passing O probably isn't good enough to take advantage of their weakness at pass D, so we'll be strength on strength with our rushing O against their rush D, which can't help our point production.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 29, 2014, 01:31:15 pm
Yes. They will shut down our running game, force us to pass, and we will. But we will not score a lot. I'm seeing something like 30-20

Yeah, the strength on strength aspect is what has me liking the under. I don't doubt they'll put up at least 30, I just don't think our offense will be able to gain any significant momentum. I honestly think we're in for a beat down. 38-17 would be my prediction.

Fort Dweller

Anyone else think Jameis Winston is shaving points?

Fort Dweller

onebadrubi

DadVader1

Maybe now he can afford to pay for his crab legs.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 29, 2014, 09:23:12 pm
Anyone else think Jameis Winston is shaving points?

I've thought this since the OK St. game. Checked down immediately all game.

Hawgndaaz

Cincy -5 @ Tulane tonight  Does this seem low to you guys? Cincy seems like an easy play

Hawgndaaz

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 30, 2014, 10:40:28 am
Ga Southern -27 2units
Cincy -5 3units

You need to do some book shopping if you don't mind me saying.  I have -24 at -115 and -4 at -110.  Hope this helps you. 

Cincy is weird.  Is their QB hurt?  That gunner kiehl kid?  Something is off.  Vegas/pro money is off on the game too.  I believe it's a Friday game though

jkstock04

Tonight I'm gonna go:

Carolina Panthers, +3...3 unit bet

Louisville Cardinals, +4....4 unit bet

Cincy bet looks a little too easy to me. Something is weird there.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ur

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 30, 2014, 10:48:37 am
You need to do some book shopping if you don't mind me saying.  I have -24 at -115 and -4 at -110.  Hope this helps you. 

Cincy is weird.  Is their QB hurt?  That gunner kiehl kid?  Something is off.  Vegas/pro money is off on the game too.  I believe it's a Friday game though
Kiel is still hurt but may play. He reinjured his ribs again. Cinn is 3-11 against Tulane. Still going with Cinn though.

Hawgndaaz

I've just got one site I use through my guy. don't really have a way to shop.

widespreadsooie

Wen't on and got down on KY +8, Zona +6.5, and MTSU +4. Still looking at a ISU +16.5, AUB +2.5, and Hogs u61.

Hawgndaaz

I love the Kentucky line. will take them and auburn

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 30, 2014, 08:16:05 am
I've thought this since the OK St. game. Checked down immediately all game.

1-6 ATS too.

Fort Dweller

I asked that last page.  Something is off.  Tulane is one of the bottom 10 teams.  I got cincy at -4.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 30, 2014, 12:58:28 pm
I love the Kentucky line. will take them and auburn

I like it so much I almost didn't play it thinking maybe I was being suckered. Checking into public percentages though, it isn't square by any means.

SPAL

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 30, 2014, 01:55:30 pm
I like it so much I almost didn't play it thinking maybe I was being suckered. Checking into public percentages though, it isn't square by any means.

Cincy up to -7

DadVader1

Here's what I've done so far, 2 units each on:

Wash -4
Duke +3.5
Arizona +7 (hook)
North Carolina +15
Notre Dame -13.5 (hook)
UCF -11
TCU -4
Nevada -3 (hook)

The spreadsheets also really liked Cincy -4 and USC -6.5, but those lines had moved to -6.5 & -9, so I need to go back and run those numbers at the new spreads.

Not playing Fl ST Louisville tonight. Everyone knows I'm a big Bobby P fan, and I can't stand FL ST so can't look at that game objectively.

Also staying away from the pro game tonight.
Let's make some waves.

Dropkick

onebadrubi

From a very good source on the Tulane line and lines in general.  -4 is an oddsmaker way of saying I don't have a clue.  We are going to put it out there and let the money move it.  The pro's know this and tend to see it and leave it alone until the public money moves it.  We are seeing that happen exactly right now. 

Fla st is the right play at -3.  Fla st is on the road so away from all the off the field crap.  They now see they lose one game they are out of the play off.  They should be playing harder than any game this year (ND game had a lot of media on Winston). 

I am looking hard at the over tonight as well on the NFL game.  Cam should be much healthier now and score some on the Aints along with Drew bree's should be able to throw on the Panthers. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 30, 2014, 01:01:32 pm
1-6 ATS too.

ND was the first game though that they weren't a ridiculous spread.  I believe the closest one before that was Ok st which was like -14 or -17 if memory serves me right. 

widespreadsooie

Went on and finalized the card for Saturday:

KY +8
IA St. +16.5
MTSU +4
Zona +6.5

Did a 6 team tease for some possible luck: MIA -9, NC St. +9.5, CIN -.5, AUB +8.5, WVU +10, CO St. pk

DadVader1

I ran the new spread numbers on Cincy & USC, and the spreadsheets no longer like those at the new spreads.  No lean either way.