Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

N41UA on its way back from NYC vicinity...Drake Field lurkers got anything?

Started by jgphillips3, December 04, 2017, 06:35:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

In another post it was stated that "N41UA is already headed home from outside NYC. Should be wheels down at Drake Field around 7:30 tonight".  Anyone at Drake tonight?  Many coaches in NYC today so thus the point of interest.

I assume we dropped our contingent off and the plane is heading back empty.

adroitful

HogAlum09

Quote from: Karma on December 04, 2017, 06:38:24 pm
I assume we dropped our contingent off and the plane is heading back empty.
That's a lot of JET-A to burn just to turn around and do it again in a day or two. That said, we've been burning tons of it the past week.

Quote from: HogAlum09 on December 04, 2017, 06:43:13 pm
That's a lot of JET-A to burn just to turn around and do it again in a day or two. That said, we've been burning tons of it the past week.
Maybe they need to take someone else somewhere.

HogAlum09

Quote from: Karma on December 04, 2017, 06:43:43 pm
Maybe they need to take someone else somewhere.
Possibly. I'll keep my eyes on the sky and post if anything interesting pops up. It would definitely be interesting to see who gets off that plane tonight...

razorcash2

Quote from: Bigfoothog on December 04, 2017, 06:54:52 pm
i've got my peeps in Maumelle watching a pizza joint and a Gated community - waiting for Wally or Pork
Razorback Pizza or U.S.?

norsberry

Do we think anyone of significance will be on the plane? I could head down there in a few minutes

adroitful

Quote from: norsberry on December 04, 2017, 07:03:21 pm
Do we think anyone of significance will be on the plane? I could head down there in a few minutes

There's something like 70 Head coaches in New York where the plane left from. It's a possibility and I don't know why the Jet wouldn't have stayed there instead of heading back again tomorrow

norsberry

Quote from: adroitful on December 04, 2017, 07:03:52 pm
There's something like 70 Head coaches in New York where the plane left from. It's a possibility and I don't know why the Jet wouldn't have stayed there instead of heading back again tomorrow
Ill head down and report if I see anything then.

adroitful

theFlyingHog

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

isavedjazz

Might as well name this NYC Plane Tracking or Plane Tracking round whatever number we're on. These threads are legendary.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

onebadrubi

Quote from: isavedjazz on December 04, 2017, 07:12:11 pm
Norsberry the gawd

Dude name should be blue on here if he gets us pictures, hopefully with some chain link in the edge

The Pulse

norsberry

There's a crash in Greenland and we're at a standstill right now. Don't think I'll make it.

adroitful

Did they Divert the plane? Or is it just circling around to line up with the runway from that far out? Seems to be heading North West

NuttinItUp

HogAlum09

Quote from: adroitful on December 04, 2017, 07:28:43 pm
Did they Divert the plane? Or is it just circling around to line up with the runway from that far out? Seems to be heading North West
They're just trying to give Norsberry time to get there!

The Pulse

Quote from: adroitful on December 04, 2017, 07:28:43 pm

There's a line of weather they want to avoid as much as possible.

adroitful

Quote from: HogAlum09 on December 04, 2017, 07:30:44 pm
They're just trying to give Norsberry time to get there!

Norsberry, you'll definitely make it dude. But, you may be camped out there for a while. Plane has seemingly changed directions.

Haters gonna hate

The plane looks to be headed NW but altitude is dropping steadily

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bigfoothog on December 04, 2017, 06:54:52 pm
i've got my peeps in Maumelle watching a pizza joint and a Gated community - waiting for Wally or Pork

They have a landing strip? Or, its one of the fancy communities where everyone has a giant shed with a plane in it?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Sooiepride

God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

adroitful

Quote from: Haters gonna hate on December 04, 2017, 07:31:59 pm
The plane looks to be headed NW but altitude is dropping steadily

Nevermind.. It's coming back now. You still have a little time Norsberry. It's probably the weather as stated earlier

Sooiepride

Haters gonna hate

HogAlum09

Pilot is using callsign 1 Razorback with ATC in case anyone is listening.

Sooiepride

41UA is currently cleared to land runway 34.  They are on the left downwind.   

NuttinItUp

Sooiepride

HogAlum09

Quote from: Sooiepride on December 04, 2017, 07:47:00 pm
4UA is currently cleared to land runway 34.  They are on the left downwind.
Yep, they're going to have to enter the traffic pattern to shoot their approach from the south on 34. Sounds like strong winds.

TebowHater

Quote from: HogAlum09 on December 04, 2017, 07:50:02 pm
Yep, they're going to have to enter the traffic pattern to shoot their approach from the south on 34. Sounds like strong winds.

Are they not landing at Drake??

Haters gonna hate

Not sure what happened but I lost track of the plane over Elm Springs.

TebowHater

I wouldn't be surprised if there are only pilots on the plane. They may have dropped off our folks in NY for interviews. That said, they may have left the plane there if that was the case, so maybe we will at least see who is doing the interviews for the football coach.

HogAlum09

Quote from: TebowHater on December 04, 2017, 07:50:43 pm
Are they not landing at Drake??
Still landing at Drake. Runway 16 runs North to South and runway 34 runs South to North. They had to change directions because of strong winds.

Sooiepride

NuttinItUp

norsberry, if you get some meaningful pics you will be an instant hogville legend.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 04, 2017, 07:53:58 pm
norsberry, if you get some meaningful pics you will be an instant hogville legend.
"If?"

Naw, man, he a God.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Roaringboar

Quote from: TebowHater on December 04, 2017, 07:52:05 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if there are only pilots on the plane. They may have dropped off our folks in NY for interviews. That said, they may have left the plane there if that was the case, so maybe we will at least see who is doing the interviews for the football coach.

I don't know....if they were just flying up for interviews, wouldn't they at least stay the night......I just....that seems odd to fly an empty plane back to what....just have it fly back the next day???
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

TebowHater

Norsberry, even if that plane is empty, don't give up on us. There is no reason there would be anyone on this plane. I bet the new AD would at least go out and meet our new coach before he came here.

We can try to get better info before sending you out in the future