Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's talk stats from the Auburn game

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 23, 2017, 01:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

629 yards total offense for Auburn.

Auburn averaged 7.3 yards per rushing attempt, gaining 345 yards on 47 carries.

Auburn averaged 9.3 yards per pass completion, gaining 284 yards passing on 21 of 30 passing.

Auburn averaged 8.2 yards per play. Almost a first down every play.

Auburn never punted. Arkansas punted twice.

Auburn had 3 penalties for 25 yards. Arkansas had 7 penalties for 50 yards. Bad and undisciplined too is no way to go through life.

Arkansas fumbled the ball 4 times, losing 3. Auburn fumbled the ball 1 time and lost it.

Oh, Auburn won TOP too: 31:10 to 28:50.

Arkansas scored once on offense in 2nd half...with 3 min remaining in the game to cut the lead from 52-13 to 52-20. Obviously, it was a drive against Auburn 2nd and 3rd string players.

If this showing is not an example of how badly these players are coached and that the players do not care enough anymore, I don't know what is. This is as bad as it gets at Arkansas which tells me that Bielema and staff will not survive it. They will be released on Nov 25th, if not sooner.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Rayzback

As bad as it gets? Wait for it..... CHALLANGE ACCEPTED!
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

HogimusMaximus

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 01:19:57 pm
629 yards total offense for Auburn.

Auburn averaged 7.3 yards per rushing attempt, gaining 345 yards on 47 carries.

Auburn averaged 9.3 yards per pass completion, gaining 284 yards passing on 21 of 30 passing.

Auburn averaged 8.2 yards per play. Almost a first down every play.

Auburn never punted. Arkansas punted twice.

Auburn had 3 penalties for 25 yards. Arkansas had 7 penalties for 50 yards. Bad and undisciplined too is no way to go through life.

Arkansas fumbled the ball 4 times, losing 3. Auburn fumbled the ball 1 time and lost it.

Oh, Auburn won TOP too: 31:10 to 28:50.

Arkansas scored once on offense in 2nd half...with 3 min remaining in the game to cut the lead from 52-13 to 52-20. Obviously, it was a drive against Auburn 2nd and 3rd string players.

If this showing is not an example of how badly these players are coached and that the players do not care enough anymore, I don't know what is. This is as bad as it gets at Arkansas which tells me that Bielema and staff will not survive it. They will be released on Nov 25th, if not sooner.

Is Michigan poorly coached? They got housed by Penn St and the stats may have been even worse.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 01:30:48 pm
Is Michigan poorly coached? They got housed by Penn St and the stats may have been even worse.
Is Michigan 2-5 and 0-4 in conference?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 01:30:48 pm
Is Michigan poorly coached?

They got housed by Penn St and the stats may have been even worse.

Yes, they are.

HognotinMemphis

Adding another stat:

Arkanas was 0 for 7 on 3rd down conversions in the 1st half. That is how you get behind and stay behind. How is was only 17-6 at the half is a miracle.

Auburn converted 6 of 10 3rd down plays in the first half.

This explains, in a nutshell, the difference between a winner and a loser.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 01:50:34 pm
Is Michigan 2-5 and 0-4 in conference?

NO, which actually makes the beating they took even worse, they were supposedly good.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 02:03:38 pm
NO, which actually makes the beating they took even worse, they were supposedly good.
I'm not getting your point. Are you saying that this loss to Auburn wasn't so bad? In other words, you are surely not trying to say the situation is not that bad at Arkansas...are you?

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 02:05:10 pm
I'm not getting your point. Are you saying that this loss to Auburn wasn't so bad? In other words, you are surely not trying to say the situation is not that bad at Arkansas...are you?

Oh it was bad, but was pretty much what anyone paying attention should have expected. Auburn has 2 things the Hog do not deal well with, speed outside and physical play on both lines. They could have won by 21 and never thrown a single pass.

I listened to a segment on ESPN radio this afternoon talking about how Harbaugh's seat is getting warm because he has not lived up to the expectations, both of fans and those he created when he arrived in Ann Arbor.

DeltaBoy

This is worse than Nutts Infamous 0 for October .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grag T

Good grief I had no idea just how bad it was; I turned it off late in the third quarter.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

smb

GeorgiaHOG

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 02:09:52 pm
Oh it was bad, but was pretty much what anyone paying attention should have expected. Auburn has 2 things the Hog do not deal well with, speed outside and physical play on both lines. They could have won by 21 and never thrown a single pass.

I listened to a segment on ESPN radio this afternoon talking about how Harbaugh's seat is getting warm because he has not lived up to the expectations, both of fans and those he created when he arrived in Ann Arbor.
Well, yeah, we all know that. I predicted 48-10 in the prediction thread. Still interesting to discuss stats.