Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Best Collection of Coaches of Any NCAA Program?

Started by Youngsta71701, April 19, 2017, 10:04:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 19, 2017, 03:37:00 pm
Florida, Clemson, Wisconsin, UNC, USCe Among others.

CBB is weighing us down until he proves otherwise. (And that's not a fat joke  ;) )

Wisconsin doesn't have a baseball program.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on April 21, 2017, 07:57:41 am
Wisconsin doesn't have a baseball program.

Seems they don't.

A persistent question for University of Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez over the years has been whether baseball will ever be reinstated at the school.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-sports-bringing-back-dormant-baseball-program-unlikely/article_23cd6962-1770-5e32-a622-0c3ff5008789.html
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

bob slydell

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 20, 2017, 11:15:20 am
That's a good one. I do know all of their coaches.

Football - Will Muschamp
Men's Basketball - Frank "The Tank" Martin
Baseball - Ray Tanner
Women's Basketball - Dawn Staley

Not a bad group there.

Ray Tanner is not the baseball coach at USCe.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Ex-Trumpet

OU (as much as it pains me to say it) is collectively a contender for best collection of coaches.

Men's:
Football:  Stoops, perhaps past his prime, but contends every year for B12
Basketball:  Lon Kruger, has top 25 recruiting class (we'll see what they get done)
Baseball:  Pete Hughes, has the Sooners on the upswing, ranked in top 20
Golf:  Ryan Hybl, has Sooners playing well, contending again
Gymnastics:  Mark Williams, has won 7 NCAA championship titles (competes this weekend for what would be 8, and their 3rd in a row!)

Girls:
Gymnastics:  K.J. Kindler, just won back to back NCAA championships
Golf:  Veronique Drouin-Luttrell , has Sooners in top 20
Softball:  Patty Gasso, Hall of Fame, has Sooners rolling--and they sell out their stadium
Basketball:  Sherri Coale, has taken OU to final 4 numerous times
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

#1Fan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 21, 2017, 08:01:10 am
Seems they don't.

A persistent question for University of Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez over the years has been whether baseball will ever be reinstated at the school.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-sports-bringing-back-dormant-baseball-program-unlikely/article_23cd6962-1770-5e32-a622-0c3ff5008789.html

Seems they have men's and women's hockey though.  Tony Granato is the men's coach and Mark Johnson of Miracle on Ice fame is the women's.  Not a bad pair of coaches.

Fatty McGee

Notre Dame:

Brian Kelly - Football
Mike Brey - Men's BBall
Muffett McGrow - Women's Bball
Jeff Jackson - Hockey (NC runner up)
Bobby Clark - Men's Soccer (1 NC)
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 21, 2017, 06:58:59 am
Sadly, in the minds of many on here, everyone else is always better than us and nobody else sucks as bad as we do or is hated as much by ESPN as we are.  Throw in that we have the worst AD in all of the NCAA and you are set.  To admit that we have a great group of coaches, would be admitting that our AD knows what he is doing and is highly respected outside of 4-5 idiots on Hogville.

Don't forget the Refs hate us and nobody else either!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

I don't have to look anything up or know a single name to know we don't have the best collection of coaches.  While we have a good collection it also represents were we stand in college athletics in general.  We overachieve based on the size of our state but at the same time we don't put our best foot forward based on commitment of resources and fan support.  We rank very high in a lot of categories on the national stage as a program and we can be proud of our overall status.  However we are nowhere near the top in the top two programs and none of the other programs combined can make up for that.  Both of those coaches however still have time to improve greatly so we will see.