Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was this our ceiling under CMA?

Started by discombobulationist, March 16, 2018, 04:33:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pumbaa on March 17, 2018, 12:54:09 pm
He has gotten us out of the hole Pel put us in. He has one of the best road records in the conference the last few years. Finishing at the top end of the conference most years. I want to be super competitive and win a National Championship as much as anyone else but I certainly don't want to go back to what we had before. Mike has upped what we expect out of the program and that is a good thing. Hopefully he continues the trend.

He hasn't upped darn.  We've lowered to meet whatever he does.  Or people like you have.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pumbaa

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 01:17:26 pm
He hasn't upped darn.  We've lowered to meet whatever he does.  Or people like you have.

Hasn't upped what we were doing during the Pel era? What are you talking about?

hawgball40

The answer to this question depends entirely on Mike Anderson's willingness to change and grow as a coach. Hell of motivator. Hell of a pedigree. Makes the right adjustments. Just doesn't seem to be able to recruit and teach fundamental skills (or if he does teach them well, the players he get seems to either not develop or are outplayed by opponents)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pumbaa on March 17, 2018, 01:18:55 pm
Hasn't upped what we were doing during the Pel era? What are you talking about?

Pel was only here for 4 damn seasons and was never qualified for the damn job.  That excuse for Anderson doesn't work.  Sure Mike Anderson is better than Pekphrey. Who gives a darn?  Evaluate him on the job he is doing. Pelphrey was never the standard mark for Arkansas basketball.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cosmodrum

It doesn't matter, just like our program.
Go away, batin'

texas tush hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 12:30:24 pm
Friend of Anderson we don't really give a darn about your deflections.  You are a reason we made this personal hire and in this situation. 

Don't really care what you think. Mike will be here next year, and for many more after that. You haters need to find a team to suit your fancies, cause Mike ain't going nowhere for the foreseeable future.

Pumbaa

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 01:22:06 pm
Pel was only here for 4 damn seasons and was never qualified for the damn job.  That excuse for Anderson doesn't work.  Sure Mike Anderson is better than Pekphrey. Who gives a darn?  Evaluate him on the job he is doing. Pelphrey was never the standard mark for Arkansas basketball.

I agree but to say he hasn't upped anything is just false and a reach for your Mike hate. Pel had 2-3 losing seasons. Mike had to dig us out of that hole. He has. The expectations as a fan base have risen and that's a good thing. How is that not accomplishing anything? The program is a continuum. There aren't many coaches who could have came in and flipped this thing from a bottom dweller to a national championship and it sounds like those guys haven't done it the right way for some time now.

hawgball40

Quote from: texas tush hog on March 17, 2018, 01:35:21 pm

Don't really care what you think. Mike will be here next year, and for many more after that. You haters need to find a team to suit your fancies, cause Mike ain't going nowhere for the foreseeable future.
assuming his new defensive scheme succeeds and we win enough games you're correct. even better if he develops more of a half court game.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 12:51:12 pm
pretty HDNish right there. Does just enough to keep people excited, then yanks the rug out with an inexplicable loss in which the team looks unprepared and unmotivated.

That's the emotional way of looking at it.  The rational way of looking at it is that he, over the past four years, has wins and losses. Over that time period he winning at a pretty high level, top quartile of the sec and 5-9 seed in the tournament. 

The next step up, as far as winning on a higher level, would be top 25 and S16 or E8's, next level down would be straight bubble teams with assurance of a first game NCAA exit. 

Hey, keep on trying to emotionally compare him to a former football coach - much better way to look at it.   ;)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pumbaa on March 17, 2018, 01:39:17 pm
I agree but to say he hasn't upped anything is just false and a reach for your Mike hate. Pel had 2-3 losing seasons. Mike had to dig us out of that hole. He has. The expectations as a fan base have risen and that's a good thing. How is that not accomplishing anything? The program is a continuum. There aren't many coaches who could have came in and flipped this thing from a bottom dweller to a national championship and it sounds like those guys haven't done it the right way for some time now.

I don't hate Mike in the least. I hate this situation and you fanboy excuse makers who keep saying this is all acceptable because of Pelphrey's 4 seasons.

There was no [CENSORED] hole. It was a rebuild but UAB and Mizzou were too. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 17, 2018, 02:20:06 pm
That's the emotional way of looking at it.  The rational way of looking at it is that he, over the past four years, has wins and losses. Over that time period he winning at a pretty high level, top quartile of the sec and 5-9 seed in the tournament. 

The next step up, as far as winning on a higher level, would be top 25 and S16 or E8's, next level down would be straight bubble teams with assurance of a first game NCAA exit. 

Hey, keep on trying to emotionally compare him to a former football coach - much better way to look at it.   ;)

Rational?  Your millennial homer dumb—- picked 30+ wins this season.  You had high expectations but these results now are ok with you?   Makes no sense. [CENSORED] ignorant actually.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 02:23:15 pm
Rational?  Your millennial homer dumb—- picked 30+ wins this season.  You had high expectations but these results now are ok with you?   Makes no sense. [CENSORED] ignorant actually.

You are turnt!

My thoughts are that Mike has officially lifted us to a new level.  We've been at that level for around the past 4 seasons, though. 

I think that, if over the next 2 seasons we don't get to that next level, (top 25 and S16+) then we might as well make a change for the sake of having a change. 

Pumbaa

March 17, 2018, 03:01:02 pm #112 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:12:08 pm by Pumbaa
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 02:20:37 pm
I don't hate Mike in the least. I hate this situation and you fanboy excuse makers who keep saying this is all acceptable because of Pelphrey's 4 seasons.

Your name calling and "[CENSORED]-cussing" signify that you do not want a discussion so I'll leave it at this with you.. Mike has us in a better place than where we were when he got here and signs do not indicate that his success is going to stop. I'll be behind this young team next year and I'm sure it won't hurt Mike's feelings if you go your own way and cheer on stAte or heck even the Kentucky/Duke/North Carolinas of the world. I assure you Bud Walton will still have plenty in attendance with or without you.

Breems

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 02:20:37 pm
I don’t hate Mike in the least. I hate this situation and you fanboy excuse makers who keep saying this is all acceptable because of Pelphrey’s 4 seasons.

You're getting awfully red-faced for a pretty rational post. He's not really making excuses or hugging, just some rational observation.

We need Gandalf Atl back.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pumbaa on March 17, 2018, 03:01:02 pm
Your name calling and "[CENSORED]-cussing" signify that you do not want a discussion so I'll leave it at this with you.. Mike has us in a better place than where we were when he got here and signs do not indicate that his success is going to stop. I'll be behind this young team next year and I'm sure it won't hurt Mike's feelings if you go your own way and cheer on stAte or heck even the Kentucky/Duke/North Carolinas of the world. I assure you Bud Walton will still have plenty in attendance with or without you.
Discussion?  You attempted to troll this week people you thought negative.  Now you want a discussion?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hawganatic on March 16, 2018, 04:43:27 pm
Butler is in the Big East right?  How is that a mid-major?

You're shiteing me, right?