Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, who is your double digit Sweet Sixteen team?

Started by joeyself, March 11, 2018, 09:39:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyself

March 11, 2018, 09:39:01 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:55:58 pm by joeyself
The odds are at least one of the double digit seeds will make it to the Sweet Sixteen.   History is not a perfect predictor of the future, but it is a good indicator.  https://www.betfirm.com/seeds-national-championship-odds/

Who do you have slated to be playing in the Sweet Sixteen, and if you care to share, why?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

greenEGnHAWGS

Just don't see it happening this year with the closest thing being Florida St at a 9 seed.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

popcornhog

Quote from: joeyself on March 11, 2018, 09:39:01 pm
The odds are at least one of the double digit seeds will make it to the Sweet Sixteen.   History is not a perfect predictor of the future, but it is a good indicator.  https://www.betfirm.com/seeds-national-championship-odds/

Who do you have slate to be playing in the Sweet Sixteen, and if you care to share, why?

JcS

My top picks would be:

Loyola Chicago
Providence
South Dakota State
Butler
WPS

RazorSax

WxHog

New Mexico State.

They beat Miami early in the season and Clemson is a pretty weak 5. Auburn is trending in the wrong direction too.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

bosshog84

Providence is the best bet, but I may not have any double digits in the S16

Hawg Red

Oklahoma, Butler or Loy-Chicago

Folks that don't know about Trae Young at OK might overlook them.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 12247 on March 12, 2018, 09:27:43 am

How could anyone not know about Trae Young? Who is living under that kind of rock?

j-mann

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

mckinneyhog5

Loyola-Chicago is my underdog of the tourney.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Lady Razorback

These folks don't have ESPN?  Since Trae Young might as well have had his own show. 

Lady Razorback

I have no double digit seeds in the Sweet 16.  I have these teams winning first round games, though. 

Loyola-Chicago
South Dakota State
Providence
New Mexico State

WorfHog

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 12, 2018, 08:32:59 pm
These folks don't have ESPN?  Since Trae Young might as well have had his own show.

The kids got a great agent.

popcornhog

Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2018, 12:27:24 am
Get out.

Get out? I'm not predicting them to beat us.

The question was which double digit teams are most likely to make it to S16.

I'm not predicting them to make it — just saying there one of the ones that realistically could. The three ball is the great equalizer.
WPS

HogFanInBryant

South Dakota St has a fantastic shot to do this!

popcornhog

Lol wut?
WPS

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: popcornhog on March 12, 2018, 09:11:54 pm
Get out? I'm not predicting them to beat us.

The question was which double digit teams are most likely to make it to S16.

I'm not predicting them to make it — just saying there one of the ones that realistically could. The three ball is the great equalizer.

In regards to Butler.

They don't shoot the 3 at a high clip and they don't defend it well but anywho.
BIE

jgphillips3

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 12, 2018, 08:26:11 pm
Loyola-Chicago is my underdog of the tourney.

Coached by Porter Moser who was the coach at UALR.

widespreadsooie

Butler, unfortunately. Mainly because I think you have the weakest 2/3 combo in that region and Butler is slightly favored against us.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

skinnypig

popcornhog

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on March 12, 2018, 09:17:43 pm
In regards to Butler.

They don't shoot the 3 at a high clip and they don't defend it well but anywho.

They do shoot open spot up threes well though. I feel like that's maybe our biggest weakness.

FWIW I have us winning.
WPS

LRHawg

Butler is way worse than even us at defending the three. Perdue will make it rain if they somehow get past us.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Atlhogfan1

24 for Loyola keeps fumbling the ball away.  And 24 kills Loyola on defensive end. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mckinneyhog5

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mckinneyhog5

WMHawgfan

Loyola definitely seems to have a divine power behind them. Man you gotta love March madness. Doesn't get any better.

mckinneyhog5

I have the Ramblers making it to the elite 8, beating Nevada to get there.