Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think I know why Morris was hired

Started by twistitup, March 09, 2018, 12:06:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

twistitup

March 11, 2018, 05:22:37 am #51 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:32:38 pm by twistitup
Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 10, 2018, 09:09:08 pm
You believe that if  you want to.
]

It's a fact.

CBB...5 yrs- didn't get it done.

How many years are you supposed to give a guy making no noticeable improvements to the football team and that was better known for his drinking than coaching skills?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Mjs84

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 09, 2018, 12:52:51 pm
Who says it will necessarily ??? However, if we allowed CBB to try to five years to hopefully get us on track for improvement then SHOULD it take a fifth year with Morris that would be appropriate. Obviously we should all hope that by at least the third year (if not before) we've seen substantial progress.

Ya, but that Beilema was just so darned likeable.

farmhawg

Quote from: twistitup on March 10, 2018, 04:29:19 pm
Thanks Jen - we appreciate the input.

Tell Tito - thanks for nothing.
That has to be Jen, same anger towards the whisky fans. Sad, but I guess her paycheck stopped.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

redeye

Quote from: LZH on March 09, 2018, 12:51:43 pm
Clemson recruits better. I said it first!

Clemson didn't really start recruiting great until sometime after Dabo arrived and Morris probably had something to do with that.  However, they are in a much better location to recruit well, so it will be a more difficult task here.

Pig in the Pokey

Most Hog fans dont even know where Clemson is or how tiny the population is there or how rural it is.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

steveaustin69

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 13, 2018, 12:08:00 am
Most Hog fans dont even know where Clemson is or how tiny the population is there or how rural it is.

So what?

The metro areas closest to Clemson are more densely populated than those close to Fayetteville.

Auburn's tiny and rural as hell. Guess they also don't have a recruiting advantage.

Cotton

56 replies and not one mention of Norvell or Malzahn???

I miss the trolls.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 13, 2018, 12:08:00 am

It's not that rural and compares to NWA in that respect. I bet most do know where it is. It is in a decent sized statistical metro area with Greenville right up the road not far at all.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 13, 2018, 08:47:50 am
So what?

The metro areas closest to Clemson are more densely populated than those close to Fayetteville.

Auburn's tiny and rural as hell. Guess they also don't have a recruiting advantage.

Clemson is included in the Greenville/Spartanburg combined metro area.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2018, 09:51:56 am
Clemson is included in the Greenville/Spartanburg metro area.

Fayetteville included in the NWA Metro Area

Inhogswetrust

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 13, 2018, 09:56:17 am
I think we all know that.

Clarity for clarity purposes

...in all honesty, if you draw a circle around Fville - there is PLENTY of prime recruiting area within 6 hours.

Just win, Quit Bitchin

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on March 13, 2018, 10:06:56 am
Clarity for clarity purposes

Got it. Some on here probably don't know what a metro area is.