Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Spanberger: Signed with the Colorado Rockies

Started by SPAL, June 13, 2017, 05:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHGiunta

Hit his 6th Bomb last night. A 2 run shot in the first inning. Finished game 1-4. Currently batting .325 with 18 RBI in 20 games with 80 AB's. Has 6 HR 6 2b's and 1 triple.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: JHGiunta on July 18, 2017, 01:59:35 pm
Hit his 6th Bomb last night. A 2 run shot in the first inning. Finished game 1-4. Currently batting .325 with 18 RBI in 20 games with 80 AB's. Has 6 HR 6 2b's and 1 triple.

With those numbers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bumped a level in the next month or so.

jbell96

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 19, 2017, 01:39:21 pm
With those numbers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bumped a level in the next month or so.

I think so too, as long as he keeps mashing the ball, the Rockies will accept the high strikeout totals.

TexasRazorback

Rangers traded Lucroy to the Rockies for a Player to be named later. Sources say its a 2017 MLB Rockies Draft pick, and they wont announce who till after the World Series. I hope it was Lucroy for Spanberger. Would love to have a hog in the Rangers farm system.

hogfan14

Quote from: TexasRazorback on July 31, 2017, 09:41:24 am
Rangers traded Lucroy to the Rockies for a Player to be named later. Sources say its a 2017 MLB Rockies Draft pick, and they wont announce who till after the World Series. I hope it was Lucroy for Spanberger. Would love to have a hog in the Rangers farm system.

Would get to see him back in Northwest Arkansas if/when he makes it to AA if that's the case

ucahogfan

Quote from: TexasRazorback on July 31, 2017, 09:41:24 am
It is probably Vilade who was the Rockies' top pick this year.  The Rangers gave up a ton to get Lucroy (and Jeremy Jeffries) last year so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to ship him out for someone like Spanberger only.  I think Spanberger is awesome, but he wasn't in the Rockies top 30 according to MLB.com.