Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We fired Bielema after the Mizzou game

Started by Piggfoot, December 12, 2017, 02:19:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

A fellow I know said his boss fired him. He said he told his boss he'd quit a year ago and was wondering when he would get around to fireing him.
When did Bielema quit? At sometime this year I noticed he was no longer saying Woo
Pig after his interviews.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Sed76

Does it really matter? He's no longer our coach and is getting a ton of money. We have a new coach so no need to dwell on the pit of misery that was the Bielema era.

HiggiePiggy

I would say 2016 after the Missouri game.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

He been drawing a check since his last bowl game win with us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: Sed76 on December 12, 2017, 02:21:20 pm
Does it really matter? He's no longer our coach and is getting a ton of money. We have a new coach so no need to dwell on the pit of misery that was the Bielema era.

It was just a question man.  Give him a break.  If you don't want to know then don't read it, simple as that.

a0ashle

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 12, 2017, 02:29:00 pm
It was just a question man.  Give him a break.  If you don't want to know then don't read it, simple as that.

I think he's right though. What good does it do to dig up what could have been at this point?

I for the record don't think he quit at all, I just don't think what he was doing was working, it doesn't have to be some nefarious lack of motivation thing, and more often then not, it isn't.

King Kong

a0ashle

Also, I would like to add that by accusing him of quiting and giving up based solely on teams performance, you are essentially admitting that he could have worked here, if not for lack of trying.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: King Kong on December 12, 2017, 02:40:25 pm
He quit when he hired Kurt Anderson

Well technically he was treading water and Anderson became the cement block.  After pulling him under in 2016 you would think BB would let that block go instead he held it tight.  BB's demise can be traced back to quality of the assistants or lack thereof. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SPAL

I remember him saying woo pig several times up until he was fired. I think this take is unwarranted

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: a0ashle on December 12, 2017, 02:39:16 pm
I think he's right though. What good does it do to dig up what could have been at this point?

I for the record don't think he quit at all, I just don't think what he was doing was working, it doesn't have to be some nefarious lack of motivation thing, and more often then not, it isn't.

So because you don't care to know that means nobody else wants to know? 

wedge56

Woo pig was the last thing he said at the end of the press conference after the Missouri game so if that's the standard he never quit. I think he worked his tail off and it just didn't yield results.

hogsanity

Ah, our daily " it is slow here we need some clicks lets start another BB quit on us " thread.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

redeye

Wouldn't surprise me much.  The players began giving up in 2016 and I knew something was wrong earlier that year.

a0ashle

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 12, 2017, 02:45:45 pm
So because you don't care to know that means nobody else wants to know?

Because no one actually knows and it's all just speculative bitching, but proceed as you will. I can't stop you. I can only point out the fruitless nature of the endeavor.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: wedge56 on December 12, 2017, 02:47:13 pm
Woo pig was the last thing he said at the end of the press conference after the Missouri game so if that's the standard he never quit. I think he worked his tail off and it just didn't yield results.

IMO he worked his tail off first 2-3 years, thought he had arrived in the 8 win season, then pffft.    We are now seeing what a coach working his tail off looks like. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: a0ashle on December 12, 2017, 02:49:49 pm
Because no one actually knows and it's all just speculative bitching, but proceed as you will. I can't stop you. I can only point out the fruitless nature of the endeavor.

It makes no difference to me at all.  I was just merely stating that if the OP wants to ask he has a right too.  There is no reason for him to get ridiculed about it.

hogsanity

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 12, 2017, 02:51:46 pm
It makes no difference to me at all.  I was just merely stating that if the OP wants to ask he has a right too.  There is no reason for him to get ridiculed about it.

Whoa, sure he has a right to start a dumbas$ thread, one that has been started a few dozen times before, and we have a right to point out that it is a dumbas$ thread.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bob slydell

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 12, 2017, 02:24:25 pm
He been drawing a check since his last bowl game win with us.

That's kinda how employment works.  Probably drew a check before that game as well.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: hogsanity on December 12, 2017, 02:59:13 pm
Whoa, sure he has a right to start a dumbas$ thread, one that has been started a few dozen times before, and we have a right to point out that it is a dumbas$ thread.

Touche'

Sed76

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 12, 2017, 02:29:00 pm

And I gave an answer man, simple as that.

jkstock04

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 12, 2017, 02:19:30 pm
A fellow I know said his boss fired him. He said he told his boss he'd quit a year ago and was wondering when he would get around to fireing him.
When did Bielema quit? At sometime this year I noticed he was no longer saying Woo
What does the story about the guy you know getting fired have to do with Bielema? This is a whacko post with the content and timing. A simple "Bielema sucks" thread would've been better.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 12, 2017, 02:19:30 pm
incorrect.
He said Woopigs til the end. Shat stirrer.
Dump this junk.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogPharmer

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 12, 2017, 02:44:47 pm
I remember him saying woo pig several times up until he was fired. I think this take is unwarranted

I remember it too. OP is an attention-seeking troll. All his threads are garbage.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BR

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 12, 2017, 02:44:47 pm
I agree, he was on Sirrus Radio that week and said Woo Pig more then once on his Interview...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

Pigasaurus

What's next, fire him twice?  We got some "unresolved" still running around. 
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy