Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The flag on Joe's big run against Auburn

Started by Hogeration, October 27, 2011, 12:44:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeration

Never knew what the unsportsmanlike flag was about till I watched depth chart last night.  Number 25 for Auburn was running down the sideline and ran out of bounds to hit the referee. 

I can't believe he wasn't suspended for a game. 

razorhead94

I noticed the flag last night too and was wondering what it was for.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Hey Super

if it was a hog player im sure the media would have been all over it to try and make sure he never played again.

can't believe auburn, zero class.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

hogfan870

I have been wondering about that since it happened.  The angle last night was the best I have seen.  I still have never seen the Jerry Franklin "run into the official" in the Georgia game from a couple of years ago that got him thrown out, but I can't imagine it was any worse than that.  Either Bates should have been thrown out, or Franklin shouldn't have. Still pissed about that cause I say we beat Georgia if Franklin didn't get thrown out.  I know, I need to get over it.

YodaHog

I knew there was a flag on Auburn on that play because we kicked off from the 45, but wasn't sure what happened.

I'm glad we won that game for the sake of the ESPN Special!

waynespur21

Well, he didn't HIT the ref. He ran along side him and put his hand out and pushed him a little bit as if to complain about something.

Still, that was ignorant as it gets.

newera08

I don't think Jerrys ejection was from running into a ref. I want to say two georgia players got in his ear talking smack, he pushed both of them off at the same time. Got a personal foul for each player.

MarylandHog

That was his way of complaining to the ref. He thought Gragg was holding.

JONAS

Quote from: MarylandHog on October 27, 2011, 02:06:31 pm

I am surprised they did not call Gragg for a hold.

rzrbaxfan

I got the impression from re-watching the game on DVR that he mouthed off to the ref for either Gragg holding or the ref being in his way.  I'm sure ref's hear stuff all the time, so to draw the flag, I'm thinking he must have gone over the line with his complaining.

rljjr

Quote from: newera08 on October 27, 2011, 01:59:35 pm
I don't think Jerrys ejection was from running into a ref. I want to say two georgia players got in his ear talking smack, he pushed both of them off at the same time. Got a personal foul for each player.
I don't think you have that right. I believe it was discussed he was tossed for "making contact with an official." I can't link to it, but I remember at the time that being said. Either way I thought the Auburn player made an obvious push/bump/contact with the official and I was surprised he didn't get tossed.

jmingram911

Quote from: rljjr on October 27, 2011, 02:15:49 pm
I don't think you have that right. I believe it was discussed he was tossed for "making contact with an official." I can't link to it, but I remember at the time that being said. Either way I thought the Auburn player made an obvious push/bump/contact with the official and I was surprised he didn't get tossed.

I agree on both counts!!

The Kid

Quote from: hogfan870 on October 27, 2011, 01:23:03 pm
I have been wondering about that since it happened.  The angle last night was the best I have seen.  I still have never seen the Jerry Franklin "run into the official" in the Georgia game from a couple of years ago that got him thrown out, but I can't imagine it was any worse than that.  Either Bates should have been thrown out, or Franklin shouldn't have. Still pissed about that cause I say we beat Georgia if Franklin didn't get thrown out.  I know, I need to get over it.

My thoughts exactly.
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

razorback3072

Quote from: rljjr on October 27, 2011, 02:15:49 pm

He was flagged for Unsportsmanlike conduct due to retaliating on GA players. When he was flagged he turned and started walking off and bumped an official in the back.  To me it never looked intentional on his part but the official turned and when he saw it was a player that bumped him, he threw the flag and JF was ejected.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

WizardofhOgZ

Here is a discussion of that incident from Hogville in Sept. 2009:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=307830.msg4481827#msg4481827

Quote from: hogfan870 on October 27, 2011, 01:23:03 pm

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: MarylandHog on October 27, 2011, 02:06:31 pm

Is that what it was? I thought it was because one of our guys raised his arms above his head as Joe was running, and the Auburn player thought our guy was celebrating and wanted to point it out to the ref so they would call the ridiculous celebration penalty.

Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: LongHog on October 27, 2011, 12:55:47 pm
if it was a hog player im sure the media would have been all over it to try and make sure he never played again.

can't believe auburn, zero class.
it was a "God Thing", we Razorback fans wouldn't understand anyway.....only the AU FAMBLY has a direct line to the ALMIGHTY
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Obaminator

#25 is a Junior linebacker that went to high school at Olive Branch,MS.  However, he is from Memphis.

25 Daren Bates LB Jr. 2V 5-11/205 Olive Branch, MS (Olive Branch HS)

He pushed the referee.  He is very fortunate that he did not get thrown out of the game.  It really sucks to get beat on the corner for a 92 yard TD run.... :razorback:
Do not argue with an idiot.  He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.