Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigtime recruiting opportunity missed this weekend.

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, September 15, 2017, 11:24:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Dallas Bishop Dunne, Jenks (OK) and St. Louis Normandy all playing in NWA tonight and the Hogs have a bye week. I believe I read elsewhere that assistant coaches would be on the road recruiting this weekend.

What wonderful planning. This is another example of why recruiting at the U. of Arkansas is trash.

The Real Deal on the Hill was a nice recruiting tool for the basketball program. We say it all the time that if you just get the studs on campus, Fayetteville will surprise them and we have a solid chance at getting them.

This weekend if there were a game in Fayetteville there could be some really efficient ways to work in official and unofficial visits along with scouting talent without taking plane rides.

It's going to take a really creative out of the box thinker to recruit like we need. Bielema just isn't it they do a lot of ineffective cornball stuff.

Now if we could get on the same page and have the local high schools actively schedule games against schools where high priority recruits play and bring them into NWA for their games and pair that with a visit to campus the next day, or as an academic recruiting outreach plan Friday afternoon tours for the teams before their games that evening we might start breaking down the stigma of Arkansas.

The 7-A schools need to get on it to schedule IMG Academy, both St. John's Bosco's, Shreveport/Bossier City schools, the Monroe schools, any Texas school that they can.  Goes for the smaller schools too. No reason Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, Farmington, Gravette can't schedule smaller out of state schools that may have players the Hogs are recruiting instead of murdering Decatur's 12 kids.  There are local small schools scheduling out of state currently but they're not scheduling schools that have any D1 prospects that we'd love to get a chance to come visit the area and see the Razorbacks.

This problem we have on our hands is going to take buy-in at multiple levels to fix, here is one small step towards better recruiting.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

We don't have to manufacture ways the staff isn't performing. They are doing plenty on their own.

jacobp

Every OP keeps getting dumber, and dumber, and dumber.

ricepig

You can't have all the coaches on the road at one time anyway, I bet someone is watching this game this weekend. As to the schools in NWA, I don't think they want to play those teams you listed. I guess you don't know about the AAA rule just passed that limits out of state games to schools in contiguous states, going to be hard to get someone from Florida or NJ to Pea Ridge, lol.

Truth Hog

Oh okay, so it's what's best for the Razorbacks. Not what's best for the coaches, players, and community at the high schools in Northwest Arkansas. Got it, makes sense.

RazorPiggie

So now the UofA has to make it schedule around SEC games and Arkansas HS games?

And like Rice said, I'd bet good money we will have a coach of two at these games.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

silly man, the point isn't coaches at the games, it's getting players to campus.

The coaches can go wherever they please, it's an extra look when you can get the players close to you.

ricepig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 15, 2017, 12:44:30 pm
silly man, the point isn't coaches at the games, it's getting players to campus.

The coaches can go wherever they please, it's an extra look when you can get the players close to you.

So, the players can't stop by the campus?

rljjr

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 12:45:45 pm
So, the players can't stop by the campus?

Do you drive 6 hours out of your way to get fast food or do you stop in at the place just down the road or in the town you happen to be in at the time?

Danny J

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 15, 2017, 01:49:48 pm

Do you drive 6 hours out of your way to get fast food or do you stop in at the place just down the road or in the town you happen to be in at the time?
Not to derail or anything but that uniform thread you created in 2012 was bar none the funniest thread of all time. Too bad the mods deleted it.

outlawhogeywells

since these teams are in town. let them practice at U of A 
Bama would let them have access to practice facilities

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gchamblee

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on September 15, 2017, 02:16:00 pm

Ya lets piss the local high school coaches off by letting their competition practice at the U of A lol

zebradynasty

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on September 15, 2017, 02:16:00 pm

Well if we are going to rattle the NCAA cage go big. Go Oprah you get dodge charger, your get a dodge charger everyone get a dodge charger!

ricepig

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2017, 02:27:15 pm
Ya lets piss the local high school coaches off by letting their competition practice at the U of A lol

When my oldest played against Fayetteville, after their long drive across the state they had a walk through at Walker Indoor to stretch their legs/get loose before their game that night.

ricepig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 15, 2017, 01:49:48 pm

I didn't realize Bishop Dunne was driving up for a snack, I thought they were in town for a football game??

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RazorPiggie

jgphillips3

Quote from: Danny J on September 15, 2017, 02:07:51 pm
Not to derail or anything but that uniform thread you created in 2012 was bar none the funniest thread of all time. Too bad the mods deleted it.

War Dam Mockingbird!

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Athog

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 15, 2017, 11:24:15 am
Dallas Bishop Dunne, Jenks (OK) and St. Louis Normandy all playing in NWA tonight and the Hogs have a bye week. I believe I read elsewhere that assistant coaches would be on the road recruiting this weekend.

What wonderful planning. This is another example of why recruiting at the U. of Arkansas is trash.

The Real Deal on the Hill was a nice recruiting tool for the basketball program. We say it all the time that if you just get the studs on campus, Fayetteville will surprise them and we have a solid chance at getting them.

This weekend if there were a game in Fayetteville there could be some really efficient ways to work in official and unofficial visits along with scouting talent without taking plane rides.

It's going to take a really creative out of the box thinker to recruit like we need. Bielema just isn't it they do a lot of ineffective cornball stuff.

Now if we could get on the same page and have the local high schools actively schedule games against schools where high priority recruits play and bring them into NWA for their games and pair that with a visit to campus the next day, or as an academic recruiting outreach plan Friday afternoon tours for the teams before their games that evening we might start breaking down the stigma of Arkansas.

The 7-A schools need to get on it to schedule IMG Academy, both St. John's Bosco's, Shreveport/Bossier City schools, the Monroe schools, any Texas school that they can.  Goes for the smaller schools too. No reason Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, Farmington, Gravette can't schedule smaller out of state schools that may have players the Hogs are recruiting instead of murdering Decatur's 12 kids.  There are local small schools scheduling out of state currently but they're not scheduling schools that have any D1 prospects that we'd love to get a chance to come visit the area and see the Razorbacks.

This problem we have on our hands is going to take buy-in at multiple levels to fix, here is one small step towards better recruiting.

Take a chill pill and pump the brakes. Why don't we stop second guessing every issue. Unless you are the answer.... then apply!!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

NoogaHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 03:19:11 pm
The stupidity is just insane around here.

I feel like it is July around here. maybe if we can just make it to game week next week we might be ok.

Every time i think we have had enough "Fire Coach/AD/Waterboy/Hairdresser" or "Hire Hatfield/Alvarez/Carroll/Tom Landry/Bear Bryant's Ghost" another one pops up.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

RazorPiggie

onebadrubi

I'm going to venture that Rawleighs younger brother inn bd has a key to anything he wants to see at anytime dealing with arkansas athletics. 

gchamblee

This thread has the feel of a twistitup thread. Stupid OP, mocked by everyone else that posts, OP doubles down, factchecker and rice drop the thruth on em.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

woodrow hog call

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 15, 2017, 07:27:07 pm
This is what I'm talking about.

The best/most important recruiters are the players currently on the team.

Yeah that's exactly what you said alright! Hahahaha
It's all our fault because we read something entirely different. Admit you made a really poor choice for a thread, and you might gain a little credibility back!

No too late. lol
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Karma on September 15, 2017, 11:45:45 am
We don't have to manufacture ways the staff isn't performing. They are doing plenty on their own.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogsonHicks

Pig Worshipper

I think we're doing the best thing we could possibly be doing for our recruiting this weekend - we're NOT playing on national television.

LRHawg

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 15, 2017, 07:57:58 pm
I think we're doing the best thing we could possibly be doing for our recruiting this weekend - we're NOT playing on national television.

This. Need a week for the stank to clear.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 15, 2017, 07:27:07 pm
This is what I'm talking about.

The best/most important recruiters are the players currently on the team.

So you're saying we didn't miss an opportunity? In your thread about us missing an opportunity.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 09:15:08 pm
So you're saying we didn't miss an opportunity? In your thread about us missing an opportunity.

gotta a nice chuckle out of that.. thanks