Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ceiling is not falling!

Started by Sigepgator702, February 20, 2018, 10:37:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigepgator702

I'm as frustrated as any fan, but we lost tonight.  The UK game has been my favorite game since I was a kid.  It sucks they beat us AGAIN, but they finished the 2nd half and we had no answer.  I love Mike and then I hate Mike throughout the year.
I've learned throughout his tenure to just let it be and to not count him out.  I'm frustrated with the way we lose games, but I have faith we will make it to the dance.  I don't see our seniors going out in a losing fashion.  I believe we beat Auburn at home and steal a victory on the road. 
Ole Miss won at Missouri tonight, so there's hope.  If we struggle to end the season, I believe we make a run in the SEC tourney.  Just be level headed and let the season play out. 

txkhog

TheEnemy

Ceiling isn't falling.....but we are not where we should be this far into a coaches tenure with a senior laden squad.

Time to be honest.  Razorback Basketball should be much better.

Willyboy

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on February 20, 2018, 10:37:37 pm
I'm as frustrated as any fan, but we lost tonight.  The UK game has been my favorite game since I was a kid.  It sucks they beat us AGAIN, but they finished the 2nd half and we had no answer.  I love Mike and then I hate Mike throughout the year.
I've learned throughout his tenure to just let it be and to not count him out.  I'm frustrated with the way we lose games, but I have faith we will make it to the dance.  I don't see our seniors going out in a losing fashion.  I believe we beat Auburn at home and steal a victory on the road. 
Ole Miss won at Missouri tonight, so there's hope.  If we struggle to end the season, I believe we make a run in the SEC tourney.  Just be level headed and let the season play out.

You know Hogville is no place for level-headedness. 

rude1

Even if we get in, is this what we want? Year after year as the season winds down, we have to hope to get hot and win a few in the row at the end or hope to get into the SEC tourney and get enough wins to get one of the last Big Dance bids.

For those good with that after 7 years, then it doesn't take much to satisfy you, for me I want more, I want a team that is vying for the conference title, has did enough work throughout the season that we are looking to finish strong, not to get one of the last Big Dance bids, but to improve our seeding.

TheEnemy

I grew up when we talked about sweet 16s, Elite 8s, and final 4s.

Now we hope for 1st and 2nd rounds....... :'(

Hogz87

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 20, 2018, 10:45:58 pm

Or, just praying and hoping we can scrape together one or two more wins in a coach's 7th season with a senior-laden squad just to sneak into the NCAA tournament.

It's unacceptable.  Our program is capable of more than this.

Sigepgator702

Quote from: rude1 on February 20, 2018, 10:42:53 pm
Even if we get in, is this what we want? Year after year as the season winds down, we have to hope to get hot and win a few in the row at the end or hope to get into the SEC tourney and get enough wins to get one of the last Big Dance bids.

For those good with that after 7 years, then it doesn't take much to satisfy you, for me I want more, I want a team that is vying for the conference title, has did enough work throughout the season that we are looking to finish strong, not to get one of the last Big Dance bids, but to improve our seeding.
I agree we should be expecting more in year 7 with our seniors.  Mike isn't going anywhere, so we might as well just get behind this team.  I grew up with the Nolan teams and we aren't anywhere close to that.  There isn't a dominant team in the field, so just get in and see what happens.  We need more shooters on this team.  That was a staple of the glory years.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 20, 2018, 10:48:03 pm
Or, just praying and hoping we can scrape together one or two more wins in a coach's 7th season with a senior-laden squad just to sneak into the NCAA tournament.

It's unacceptable.  Our program is capable of more than this.

You guy's use that term as if (2 of the 6) Senior's aren't making up 50% of the scoring most nights while the others combined average 10-15pts a game (most of that from Anton Beard.

If this was a Freshmen vs Senior 5on5 what do you think the outcome would be?

Khalil alone added to this team would have given us 3-4 more wins as he's the best Freshmen currently on campus.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razrbakr1

Anderson is a moron.  He still thinks the 90's style is going to win even though rules have changed, coaches have adapted and players are just better.  He still thinks "athletes" are going to beat skilled basketball players.  He still can not recruit top talent from outside the state.  He still has no idea how to substitute.  The results show that we are not where we, the University of Arkansas basketball, should be.  Seven years in and we are clinging to the hope of just making the tournament, AGAIN.  And yet some of you still defend this coach.   I don't understand why some of you will accept this product at this level when you wouldn't accept the same level of success to failure in your personal lives.  At least I hope you don't.

Breems

If the ceiling isn't falling, the floor is certainly rising.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Porked Tongue

Said it before and will say it again, Anderson's ceiling isn't very high to begin with.  His success here has been marginal and his "good teams" don't really get that far.

His salvation has been his ability to not ever be sub .500.

Low ceiling and high floor = average to average+

rude1

Please stop with the nothing to see here nonsense. Every win is needed right now as this team was barely holding onto a projected Big Dance bid. Now staring at two more road games and a game against the conference leader at home, unless the season's goal was the NIT there is more than a valid reason for concern.

Porked Tongue

To elaborate, I think the last 2 years we are at MA's ceiling for this job.

rude1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 20, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
I agree, and it is not good enough.

alohawg

Quote from: razrbakr1 on February 20, 2018, 11:21:22 pm
Anderson is a moron.  He still thinks the 90's style is going to win even though rules have changed, coaches have adapted and players are just better.  He still thinks "athletes" are going to beat skilled basketball players.  He still can not recruit top talent from outside the state.  He still has no idea how to substitute.  The results show that we are not where we, the University of Arkansas basketball, should be.  Seven years in and we are clinging to the hope of just making the tournament, AGAIN.  And yet some of you still defend this coach.   I don't understand why some of you will accept this product at this level when you wouldn't accept the same level of success to failure in your personal lives.  At least I hope you don't.

He hasn't demonstrated an ability to learn and adapt, that's for sure. It seems he would rather lose his way than win another way.
Tonight he stuck to his sub pattern when It would have been smarter to leave the starters in longer in the beginning. He compounded that bad decision by pressing and fatiguing his best players when Kent has much better quality depth. The entire game plan was dumb. Problem is it works enough against average talent that it confirms his style in his mind.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

pigture perfect

The ceiling has not fallen,  it I am disappointed by the lack of adjustments at the half.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oliver

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 20, 2018, 11:23:57 pm
Said it before and will say it again, Anderson's ceiling isn't very high to begin with.  His success here has been marginal and his "good teams" don't really get that far.

His salvation has been his ability to not ever be sub .500.

Low ceiling and high floor = average to average+

And apparently at Arkansas, average to average+ will keep getting you contract extensions.

Athog

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 20, 2018, 10:45:58 pm

No...we talk hope for making the tournament!

jst01

Agree.

code red

Mike only coaches defense if the kids lookike they are interested in playing defense.  Mike is not a good coach.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Kevin

Agreed
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HardCore

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 21, 2018, 12:14:07 am
The ceiling has not fallen,  it I am disappointed by the lack of adjustments at the half.

The house has imploded.  That was a completely lackluster effort by both players and coaching staff.  As much as I liked having MA as our coach, it is probably now time for a change. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

tomw

7 years in and mediocre basketball coached that gets outcoached alot...his time outs are questionable, substituting is awful and can go on and on..he said in an interview that we are still rebuilding...what??  in 7th year and still rebuilding?? and with 7 seniors i would expect better play as a team..but not this team it seems