Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean White will not start against Washington

Started by jbcarol, September 22, 2015, 11:26:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

September 22, 2015, 11:26:25 am Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:40:16 am by jbcarol
James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 5m5 minutes ago

Sean White will start at quarterback for Auburn against Mississippi State
http://bit.ly/1KxSIau 

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 23h23 hours ago

Auburn's Jeremy Johnson has dropped from 50-to-1 to off the board in Heisman odds, according to @BovadaLV.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

ricepig

Quote from: jbcarol on September 22, 2015, 11:27:21 am
Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 23h23 hours ago

Auburn's Jeremy Johnson has dropped from 50-to-1 to off the board in Heisman odds, according to @BovadaLV.

Wait, you mean just because you don't play, the drop you??

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

just another case of pre-season hype...guess JJ can go join Kenny Trill
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

jbcarol

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 11m11 minutes ago

Shon Coleman says Auburn's OL was responsible for 1 of 5 sacks at LSU

Would know.

bigdaddyhawg

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13717457/auburn-tigers-switching-quarterbacks-start-sean-white-jeremy-johnson

Man, Gus Malzahn is such a genuine, honest guy.  Just listen:

"I feel like that's best for our offense right now," Malzahn said. "Sean White is a guy that has got a lot of reps. He's responded very well in practice, very well in scrimmages, and I just feel like he needs a shot right now. We've got a lot of confidence in him right now."

"We've got a lot of confidence in him right now."  Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Really, Gus?? Really??  If you had so much confidence in the kid how come it took you three freaking games of Jeremy Johnson playing like absolute dog poop to make the change??

I swear, Gus Malzahn is incapable of telling the truth.  He's perfect for Auburn University.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Jackrabbit Hog

Look on the bright side, Auburn fans.  If he stinks at QB, he might still medal for you at the next Winter Olympics..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 4h4 hours ago

Malzahn on Sean White at QB: "This isn't an emotional decision. You do what you feel like is best for the situation." http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/live_updates_auburns_gus_malza_13.html ...

jbcarol

Dana Sulonen ‏@DanaSulonen 2h2 hours ago

WATCH: Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn talks about his decision to start Sean White and the injury of Carl Lawson http://video.oanow.com/Sept-22-Gus-Malzahn-29730429?vcid=29730429&freewheel=91342&sitesection=oanow ...

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 3h3 hours ago

Strong 2013 @Elite11 class breaking thru: Sean White & David Blough joining Kyle Allen, BradKaaya, Deshaun Watson, WillGrier & Jerrod Heard

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  4h4 hours ago
MT @bmarcello: Sean White's former coaches @CoachHarriott, @MastrolePassing and @TDESPN weigh in on Auburn's new QB: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/meet_auburn_new_quarterback_sean_white_accustomed_to_underdog_role.html ...

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor ‏@WesleySinor 10h

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 16h
What happened to Jeremy Johnson? http://bit.ly/1OtoVGS 

BigSexyHog

Gus is setting himself up for some trouble.   This isn't gonna sit well with a few
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on September 23, 2015, 10:51:06 am
James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 16h
What happened to Jeremy Johnson? http://bit.ly/1OtoVGS 

I raised this question in the preseason:  How is Gus going to run his offense without a true dual threat QB?

So, I think we've got that answer now.  His offense is going to struggle anytime he doesn't have that dual threat at QB.

The funny part of this is that if Sean White was the guy coming out of spring and through fall camp, he'd have already been starting.  It looks to me like Gus is in a world of hurt.

The other question I raised about Aubie: Is Gus going to be true to his own beliefs, that running his HUNH at the fast pace he loves so much presented a genuine conflict with his new "world's greatest DC -- EVER", or would he back off to appease Mussie?

Well, apparently Gus is feeling pretty giving to his world's greatest DC -- EVER, because he hasn't been running the pace he's stated he wants.

Gus, why couldn't you have cut your last DC that same slack from your offense?  Is it because you knew you would be exposed, and you were running out of excuses??

At least we all don't have to look at his stupid behavior of screaming and point to the LOS each and every play.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jbcarol

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on September 26, 2015, 10:17:58 pm
S. White in his debut v. State
20-28, 188 YDS, big pick

Did better than I expected, honestly.  Still, he produced better than JJ.

Just not gonna be the QB Gus needs to run his offense.  (Teeheeheeheeheehee!!)

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoNC4Tubs

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BPsTheMan

I saw a snippet the other day where JJ's momma may not be happy

Have fun with that Gus

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 29, 2015, 05:19:05 pm
I saw a snippet the other day where JJ's momma may not be happy

Have fun with that Gus

And if Momma ain't happy nobody's happy!

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello Sep 29

Auburn decides on starting quarterback for San Jose State http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/auburn_decides_on_starting_qua.html ...

QuoteThe Sean White era will stretch into another week.

He threw an interception and Auburn's offense failed to score a touchdown for the first time in Malzahn's three seasons as the Tigers' head coach.

"I really feel like he's earned that," Malzahn said. "If you take away the red zone struggles right there, we felt like we got better on the offensive side of the football."

The Tigers (2-2, 0-2 SEC) pulled its offense inside the 10-yard line four times, but managed only six points.

Auburn benched Jeremy Johnson following a six-interception start to the season.

NoNC4Tubs

It's been said that when you have two quarterbacks, you don't have any.......... 8)

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on September 30, 2015, 12:26:01 pm
It's been said that when you have two quarterbacks, you don't have any.......... 8)

In this case, you've got it reversed: the reason they have two QB's is because they really don't have any.

Still, most figured with the juggernaut that Gus has built on the Plains Filled With Criminals, and adding the GREATEST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL to his staff, that a NC was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Advice to Gus: You'd better get on the recruiting trail and buy yourself a true dual threat QB by next fall, or you're going to be standing next to the GREATEST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL in the unemployment line.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello Sep 30

Live updates from Rhett Lashlee's time with the press: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/live_updates_auburns_rhett_las_2.html ...

Quote*** On QB Sean White: "He competed hard, he did a lot of things right as far as making the right reads ..."

*** Have defenses taken the deep ball away from you? "They have, they've done some things to try to make you earn it. That's just where we have to finish drives."

*** Eight passes of 30-plus yards was a goal in preseason. "There's no question we have to make people defend" the entire field better.

*** On Duke Williams being double teamed and how to get him the ball: "It's somewhere in the fact we obviously have to be more creative and do some things to try to free him up." But you don't want to force feed players the ball.

*** Auburn is looking to simplify some things with the offense so that they're not substituting so much, which could mean a faster tempo.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  3h3 hours ago
Auburn QB Sean White in the second half: 1 of 2 passing for 5 yards.

jbcarol

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens  3h3 hours ago
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn says he feels "very confident" in Sean White in the passing game. Only 10 passes today. #MGMAuburn

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on October 03, 2015, 09:09:23 pm
Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens  3h3 hours ago
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn says he feels "very confident" in Sean White in the passing game.

Yep, that Gus is brutally honest!!

Quote from: jbcarol on October 03, 2015, 08:42:47 pm
Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  3h3 hours ago
Auburn QB Sean White in the second half: 1 of 2 passing for 5 yards.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  7h7 hours ago
Gus Malzahn still not committing to Sean White at QB. http://ow.ly/SZwfa 

Quote"I thought he competed; he did some good things," Malzahn said. "We'll take this thing week-to-week like we've been doing it. We're starting to kind of get good answers to the questions that we needed."

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on October 04, 2015, 06:38:24 pm
AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  7h7 hours ago
Gus Malzahn still not committing to Sean White at QB. http://ow.ly/SZwfa 

I think Gussie now has visions of running 100% Wildcat, er Wild Eagle?, or maybe that's Wild Plainsmen, or whatever!!

But he is 'very confident' in Sean White.  Bwahahahahaha!!

Gus, do you EVER tell the truth??

jbcarol

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 19h19 hours ago

Auburn offense 'prepared' to throw if need be
http://bit.ly/1Ma7EN6 

Quote"I thought I did well when my number was called and we ended up winning the game," said White, who narrowly missed a would-be 72-yard touchdown to Jason Smith on Saturday but still has yet to find the end zone in two starts. "I was happy."

Yet the coaching staff remains confident that if it had to rely on White, who Malzahn would not commit to as the starter against Kentucky, or Jeremy Johnson to throw more, they could do so.

"We won (Saturday). We're going to do what the game dictates," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said. "If we need to throw for 300 yards, we're prepared to give it all we got to do that. We had a good game plan going in and the way the game dictated."

Malzahn considers balance less about an even split in plays or production and more about being able to "take what the defense gives you."

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog  15m15 minutes ago
Malzahn on Sean White (and his running ability): "He's not Cam Newton."

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 3h3 hours ago

Malzahn reiterates that all positions are open, including quarterback. Sean White still taking first-team reps in practice

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on October 07, 2015, 02:47:28 pm
Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 3h3 hours ago

Malzahn reiterates that all positions are open, including quarterback. Sean White still taking first-team reps in practice

What??  Gus, how can this be??

Just a little over a week ago you were talking about all the confidence you had in Sean White's passing.

Either: A-Gus is just a bald faced liar, or B-Sean White's passing went down the toilet in one week.

(the answer is A)

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 5h5 hours ago

Sure seems like #Auburn's about to give Jeremy Johnson another shot.. at least @WesleySinor thinks so http://ow.ly/Td02b

Would know.

jbcarol

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on October 08, 2015, 06:32:51 am
Who's the third stringer down there..........?  8)

Keith Hill
‏@dormgod

Another QB change at #Auburn this season? Word is that Jason Smith may get his shot. Reminds coaching staff of Nick Marshall. #WarEagle

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on October 09, 2015, 05:36:33 pm
Keith Hill
‏@dormgod

Another QB change at #Auburn this season? Word is that Jason Smith may get his shot. Reminds coaching staff of Nick Marshall. #WarEagle

At Auburn, the second stringer is always better than the starter, and I guess it's obvious the third stringer is the BEST!!

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  2h2 hours ago View translation
Gus Malzahn's quarterback island: http://ow.ly/TfJY5 

QuoteWhy doesn't Malzahn let his quarterbacks work with a private coach?

"Well, it's been that way for a long time," Malzahn said. "We just really want our guys within our system. You get a lot of different ideas from outsiders that don't fit within your system and sometimes it can be confusing."

Malzahn developed his Hurry-Up, No-Huddle system during his high school coaching days Shiloh (Arkansas) Christian in the late 1990s. The terminology is different from typical offenses in college and the NFL, but the verbiage elsewhere is beginning to be simplified.

How different is Auburn's system?

Former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton was challenged -- and befuddled -- when asked to verbalize a complex play call during an interview with ESPN analyst Jon Gruden...

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog  2h2 hours ago
Lashlee isn't completely ruling out a two-quarterback system against Kentucky.

Lashlee on QB1: "Both guys are still competing." ... Does not know yet when they will decide on starter for Thursday's game

Auburn still not settled on starting QB against Kentucky http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_7c6a9db2-707b-11e5-8945-03032438e0c0.html ...

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor Verified account
‏@WesleySinor

Which Auburn quarterback would you start against Kentucky? Cast your vote http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/which_auburn_quarterback_would.html ...

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on October 15, 2015, 01:51:53 pm
Wesley Sinor Verified account
‏@WesleySinor

Which Auburn quarterback would you start against Kentucky? Cast your vote http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/which_auburn_quarterback_would.html ...

So is Gus going to start the guy who wins the poll?

jbcarol

jbcarol

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens 7h7 hours ago

BLOG: Auburn picks Sean White at QB; Throws for 255 yards in win at Kentucky - http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburnauthority/2015/10/16/auburn-picks-white-qb-throws-255-yards-win/74033814/ ...

QuoteAuburn finally revealed the quarterback mystery around an hour before the opening kickoff of its 30-27 win over Kentucky Thursday.

Auburn (4-2, 1-2 in Southeastern Conference) announced Sean White would get his third consecutive start behind center. The Tigers coaching staff made it public during the bye week and week leading up the game that a competition between the redshirt freshman and previous starter Jeremy Johnson would be taking place.

"Sean White has done a great job," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn told AuburnTigers.com before the opening kickoff. "He responded to the competition. I think each time he plays he gets more and more comfortable."

NoNC4Tubs

Johnson goes in for one play and draws a five-yard penalty..... 8)