Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who cares about Ladyback Basketball?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, February 08, 2006, 02:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Ok, Ok, I will get some smite for this but honestly, who cares about Ladyback basketball?  I mean do all of you on this board get up and go to the games or even listen to them on the radio?  I would guess that you probably don't.  I would also guess that if there are only 1,500 people at the games at BWA, most of them are girls high school basketball teams and old people that are there because they hate mens sports.  Even when they were good we couldn't top 5,000 attendance for a game.   Tennessee puts 20,000 in the seats every game!  We had a decent coach that left for a better job and oppurtunity and now we have a mediocre coach that is doing about the same job as the one before.  Attendance is about the same and again no one really cares...  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

LordStanleysHog

If you are a true fan of Razorback sports then you have to care... when was the last time you attended a track and field competition?  A Golf match?  A tennis match?  We all should care, especially us alumni; it's our University.

LordStanleysHog

Just because you aren't interested doesn't mean you don't care...  There shouldn't be a true fan out their that doesn't care if a Hog team loses...

LA HAWG

No smites from me.  I completely agree.  My old High School football coach said that "He11 is one continuous girls basketball game."

Hogster18

I don't give a crap about any female sport (except mud wrestling).

LordStanleysHog

hogsanity

The reason for the sudden "interest" is it gives those of a negative leaning something else to gripe about.  They wanted HDN gone, did not happen.  They want heath gone, probably not this year.  Id say Van Horn and John Mac are safe, so the only target left is Susie.  If it isnt bringing in revenue if it is losing $$ run it on the cheap.  Van Horn should have the Baseball team in the black thids year or very very close.  Ladies bb will NEVER turn a profit at the UA
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

12under

anyone who fires one of the most respected, best coaches on campus because she wanted to hire a female coach loses all credibility with me.  not the best coach, but a female coach

BORN2PIG

ROOT HOG or DIE!!!!!
it doesnt matter  what sport  just along as they wear the RAZORBACK

fusbal11

Quote from: Hogster18 on February 08, 2006, 03:26:09 pm
I don't give a crap about any female sport (except mud wrestling).
I'll tell ya a little something funny here.  You take yourself and 4 of your all sports knowing friends on up to BWA and play a little scrimmage against the ladybacks starting 5 and come back on here and tell me how you did against them.  I bet you would learn to respect their abilities.  Everyone knows that womens sports doesn't have the same draw that men's do, but do not belittle it because women "ballers" are something special and I would wager most of them are better players than most of us on here.
Also------A razorback is a razorback is a razorback, I don't care if we are talking about checkers---WPS!!!
Wooo Pig

ExArky

I sure hope those of you who mock women's basketball don't have daughters ... what wonderful fathers to them you must be ...

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

fusbal11

February 08, 2006, 05:54:13 pm #12 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:00:47 pm by fusbal11
Quote from: ExArky on February 08, 2006, 05:26:23 pm
I sure hope those of you who mock women's basketball don't have daughters ... what wonderful fathers to them you must be ...
My daughter plays.  I played in HS as well and I tell you, she's 15 right now, I think I have maybe one more year before she's doing the dance at halfcourt("I beat daddy, I beat Daddy").  I mean that girls got some game!  I'll probably have to fake a groin strain and claim my playing days are over--LOL
WPS
Wooo Pig

tophawg19

check your attendance records again the ladies do draw fans . i just wish i lived closer so i could attend the games . i am a true fan of the lady backs sports programs . love the gymnastics as well . if you haven't seen them play you need to before you judge them . they play a more true game than the men do and they really can shoot to , likely better than the men's team .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins