Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things to do in Nashville

Started by LA HAWG, February 08, 2006, 01:18:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LA HAWG

February 08, 2006, 01:18:48 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:30:19 pm by LA HAWG
Hey everyone, I am going to the SEC tourney and it will be my first trip to Nashville.  Can you guys give me the low down on places to see, places to eat, etc.  Thanks and Go Hogs!   :razorback:

The Rub

I thought the SEC-T was in Nashville?
You need to find a girlfriend whose name does not end in jpg.

hogfan064

Atlanta has lots of things to do, but the SEC tourney is in Nashville. 

ogar_hog

Quote from: The Rub on February 08, 2006, 01:19:54 pm
Quote from: LA HAWG on February 08, 2006, 01:18:48 pm
Hey everyone, I am going to the SEC tourney and it will be my first trip to the ATL.  Can you guys give me the low down on places to see, places to eat, etc.  Thanks and Go Hogs!   :razorback:

Drive North...the tourney is in Nashville this year.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The Rub on February 08, 2006, 01:19:54 pm

He is obviously planning ahead for Football season ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

LA HAWG

My bad guys, my dad had told me he got tickets and I just assumed it was in Atlanta.  Of course I have never been to Nashville either so the same question still applies. 

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

McKdaddy

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 08, 2006, 01:21:47 pm
Atlanta has lots of things to do, but the SEC tourney is in Nashville. 
You can go to the ATL if you want, but I'll be at the Nashville arena.  Anyone else not a fan of having these tournaments in arenas?  I admit the GA Dome, or any dome for that matter, isn't the best venue for ball, but when I go to the tourney in N-ville or Memphis or Birmingham (back in the early days) it just feels so cramped, especially in the concourse.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HogISH™

you will have more fun in atlanta that nashville.

goto buckhead, there is a sportsbar there that you can watch the game and the gals server your drinks topless. they also have an indoor vollyball court (every watched nude vollyball)

i will try to remember the name of the place and post later.

pluse anystreet downtown that has peach in it has something to do.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

GrizzledHogFan

Not trying to be a jerk, but wouldn't the Tavern be a more appropriate place for this thread?
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

LA HAWG

Quote from: gmb_79 on February 08, 2006, 01:29:14 pm
Not trying to be a jerk, but wouldn't the Tavern be a more appropriate place for this thread?

Man you guys sure are tough on people who are not experts at this message board stuff.  I am just trying to get some info on the Tourney.  Sorry.

The_Bionic_Pig

February 08, 2006, 01:33:05 pm #11 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:37:29 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: LA HAWG on February 08, 2006, 01:23:10 pm
My bad guys, my dad had told me he got tickets and I just assumed it was in Atlanta.  Of course I have never been to Nashville either so the same question still applies. 

Nickname - Cashville (atleast that is what local residents call it)

As far as things to do - http://www.nashvillecvb.com/

SEC Tourney (Gaylord Arena) -

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 01:23:51 pm
There is no FB tourney

I know I was a lame attempt at sarcasm ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfan064

Well, Nashville has tons to do.  If you like Country Music then you'll have lots of fun. Check out Vandy's campus while your there.  It's on the south part of Nashville.  Very nice campus, but loses character being in the city.  The Titans stadium is hard to miss.  I hate Hockey, but I believe they have a NHL team there.  Lots of good bars in Nashville.  Had lots of fun there at the Music City Bowl in 02(other than the loss) 

chillinhoggie

Look for a band called BALL HOG playing. They are alot of fun. Arkansas boys.

Pig Power

I wouldn't plan on being there long watching the Hogs. I guess you can stay and watch some really well coached SEC basketball. Have fun and stay out of trouble!

lyon98

February 08, 2006, 01:52:55 pm #15 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:31:51 pm by lyon98
If you're into history, there is the fort that was renovated from the early years, 1780-1800 or so right down town, next to the river. Andrew Jackson's house, the Parthenon duplicate on the Vanderbilt campus. Love's motel, out on US 70 west, or whatever, famous for breakfasts, country ham, bisquits, etc. What's his name Jr, "are you ready for football" was there the last time we were. One of the Banks has a restaurant on the top, best veal I ever ate. An Italian restaurant out towards the Vanderbilt campus that was very good. If they are still in business, anyone ought to be able to name it. In an old house. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Hank Williams, Jr.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

bigred7987

I'm from Murfreesboro...20 minutes outside of Nashville....You have some of your typical bars downtown like Wildhorse Saloon, Bar Nashville, Graham Central Station, Red Iguana...some country western some not.  If the predators are playing it all def worth it to go thats probably the funnest thing to do.  If you go down on West End that is where the nice restaurants are as well as the Parthenon (replica of the one in Athens, Greece).  You can go to Country Music Hall of Fame if your into that kind of thing even though I would find it pretty boring.  Maybe catch a show or two at the Ryman Auditorium.  Nashville is no Atlanta thats for sure.  You can of course go to the Fanfare thing for the tournament and I'm sure you can find random other little things to do. 

three

Since we'll probably be playing in that Noon game on Thursday, you'll have plenty of time to spend the rest of the weekend sight seeing.  Nashville is a great town.  Lots to do, plenty of good restaurants and bars.  be careful with the BBQ, some is really good, some....not so much, but when you come from Arkansas you're used to having the best pork around.  Anyway, lots of great things to do there, just wonder around downtown, you'll find something to you're liking.  But most importantly, make sure everyone knows the hogs WILL RETURN TO GLORY.....one day!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

hogfan98

there probably won't be any hockey considering that the tournament will be in their arena.