Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivals Top 25 Recruiters...

Started by JackJohnson, February 08, 2006, 09:35:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

of course no one on our staff is on here again.  Hopefully Wood or Malzahn will be next year.  Of course, it wouldn't kill us to pay some big bucks for one or more of these guys either...

http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=510102#top25

Ugly Uncle

Love the name Joker Phillips from Kentucky.
Retired Radio Host

Salvaboar Dali

We need to hire this guy from Ole Miss. He is a secondary coach and appears to be the best recruiter in the country if he attracted this talent to Ole Miss!

Tony Hughes, Ole Miss
Hughes was responsible for 11 commitments in the best Ole Miss recruiting class ever. Hughes pulled in Brent Schaeffer and Jerrell Powe, the two highest ranked kids in the Rebels' class.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on February 08, 2006, 11:02:11 am
We need to hire this guy from Ole Miss. He is a secondary coach and appears to be the best recruiter in the country if he attracted this talent to Ole Miss!

Tony Hughes, Ole Miss
Hughes was responsible for 11 commitments in the best Ole Miss recruiting class ever. Hughes pulled in Brent Schaeffer and Jerrell Powe, the two highest ranked kids in the Rebels' class.

i had a post about him roughly a month or two ago saying the same thing.  He would be an excellent addition with herring in the secondary.

Nutts and Bolts

fLORIDA HAS 3 ON THE LIST? WTH?    :razorback:
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Porkahontas

If you were to believe Otis Kirk, Bobby Allen, Danny Nutt, James Shibest, Chris Vaughn, and Houston Nutt would've all made the top 10.

Ugly Uncle

I heard Otis Kirk say on DTS or Chuckie's show...I don't remember which...that Houston Nutt is considered around the Nation as the best "closer" in college football.  Wonder why he didn't make the list?
Retired Radio Host

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 08, 2006, 09:42:37 am
Love the name Joker Phillips from Kentucky.

It must be a joke.  Kentucky signed about 50 one star recruits.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Porkahontas

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 08, 2006, 04:25:13 pm
I heard Otis Kirk say on DTS or Chuckie's show...I don't remember which...that Houston Nutt is considered around the Nation as the best "closer" in college football.  Wonder why he didn't make the list?

I'll take "Why Otis Kirk is full of darn" for $500, Alex.

fusbal11

Quote from: Porkahontas on February 08, 2006, 05:18:25 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on February 08, 2006, 04:25:13 pm

I'll take "Why Otis Kirk is full of Shiite" for $500, Alex.

I'll tell what gets me about Otis.  He is going to find some way, by the numbers, to make a recriut sound special.  Here is what I mean; If the recruit isn't in the top 100 overall national and not in the top 100 at his position he want to tell us that he is the #7 recuit out of texas at LB!!!  Are you kidding me?  If a guy isn't the best in his state then stop pumping sunshine and just tell us where he ranks on a national level.  The rankings are scewed anyway, but I don't want to know how he compares to others from his state.  I want to know how he compares to everyone else, especially the recruits going to other SEC schools.
WPS
Wooo Pig