Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who like Mexican Chicken, I turned it into a winter soup and its great

Started by Boarcephus, October 05, 2016, 03:08:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

We eat a lot of soups at our house, especially in the winter,  and I came up with this.  It's super easy and darn good.  Here you go.....

Sauté one onion and one poblano pepper in olive oil or butter
When done add the following:
8 cups chicken broth
1 large (26 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel
either meat from one rotisserie chicken or meat from one package chicken thighs
simmer for a 15 minutes or so and add

A big handful of those Yolk Free Noodles and 1/2-2/3 of a two pound block sharp cheddar Velveeta
Salt to taste and cook till noodles are done and cheese is melted.

Serve with tortilla chips or eat with none  Super easy and good. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogwop

Aw damn, I wish I would have read this yesterday before I went to the store to get stuff for the Bama game. Reckon the gang and I will give it a go next week for the Ole Miss game.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy