Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pensacola rental cars..........

Started by hoglady, August 08, 2015, 03:14:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Heads up on rental cars at Pensacola airport. My daughter just called - her plane landed, she went to get her reserved (fully paid for in advance) rental car with Hertz through Hotwire. No car - they said they had overbooked. No car at any of the rental agencies. Cabby told her it happens everyday - already had one other today. What a crock!!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hoglady

Oh - that was funny.
I'm sure the conversation went something like that.
Yep - she thought she had a car for about $170 for 6 days and instead she had an $80 cab fare to the condo and no car.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

LSUFan

Wait til daughter finds out she has to go through an hour call with hotwire to get her money back.

Best to go straight through the rental agency.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

hoglady

Quote from: LSUFan on August 09, 2015, 07:45:25 pm
Wait til daughter finds out she has to go through an hour call with hotwire to get her money back.

Best to go straight through the rental agency.

Hertz told her they wouldn't help her / that they didn't have her money to call Hotwire.
Hotwire said they would of course have to talk to Hertz to verify she didn't get her car.
This will be a freakin nightmare I'm sure.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on August 12, 2015, 09:22:25 pm
Hertz told her they wouldn't help her / that they didn't have her money to call Hotwire.
Hotwire said they would of course have to talk to Hertz to verify she didn't get her car.
This will be a freakin nightmare I'm sure.

I started to tell a similar story on a hotel deal, but I didn't want to upset one of us, lol. Mine was part my fault as I somehow put an extra letter in my email and never got a confirmation, but both had my info and cc#. It all worked out in the end, but was a lot of "you'll have to get that from them."

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2015, 09:44:47 pm
I started to tell a similar story on a hotel deal, but I didn't want to upset one of us, lol. Mine was part my fault as I somehow put an extra letter in my email and never got a confirmation, but both had my info and cc#. It all worked out in the end, but was a lot of "you'll have to get that from them."

Oh - I'm not surprised.
Especially with the cabbie indicating that's "par for the course" regarding the rental car agencies there.
And Hertz "no big deal" attitude about it.