Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring game in WMS April 7th

Started by ArKan5a5 KiD, January 25, 2018, 07:05:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

steveaustin69

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on January 25, 2018, 06:06:33 pm
I'm opposed to playing games in Dallas, as well. Unlike some of you, I don't need a game played where I live to be a fan.

Your fandom is clearly superior.  How can we be like you?

LZH

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 25, 2018, 07:19:51 pm
Have to admit I read it elsewhere, and I did not know it was because WMS was deemed unsafe. 

They must have spruced it up pdq because a few months later Billy Graham filled that place up every night for like a week. Not to mention one of the largest WMS crowds ever watched us beat Houston that year, too.

theFlyingHog

Came for GSD. Disappointed so far

RME

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on January 25, 2018, 06:06:33 pm
I'm opposed to playing games in Dallas, as well. Unlike some of you, I don't need a game played where I live to be a fan.

I don't either. It was pretty easy to get to the stadium when I lived in Maple Hill and then right off Leverett and North. Was also pretty easy to get there growing up in Little Rock.

Hell if you're such a big macho superfan, you'd be living in Fayetteville right?

Gotta say, would be cool if they had a home game in Washington, DC though...

LZH

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 25, 2018, 07:57:39 pm
Came for GSD. Disappointed so far

It's early....and only Thursday....and only January.

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 05:58:50 pm
Legit that there is a crane on the field, sure, unless it's a mirage.
Ya for sure. And if Long/Bielema were here I'm sure this would be the exact same scenerio.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 25, 2018, 08:11:11 pm
Ya for sure. And if Long/Bielema were here I'm sure this would be the exact same scenerio.

Don't know, if the crane was on the field, they'd have to find somewhere to play.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 08:23:22 pm
Don't know, if the crane was on the field, they'd have to find somewhere to play.
the crane is just part of the ploy to move all games to WMS.

the report that the construction is on schedule is a fake.  it will still be "under construction" for all of next season too.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cotton on January 25, 2018, 05:16:06 pm
Gotta love the GSD...
The Annual University of Arkansas vs. Arkansas State University Spring Game at WMS!

We're getting there!   :)

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on January 25, 2018, 07:59:18 pm
It's early....and only Thursday....and only January.
I feel like I've done my part.  Sorry I'm late.

MissippHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 25, 2018, 04:56:37 pm
I attended the Red-White game in WMS in (probably) 1980 with my dad and my uncle. My dad recognized Jerry Eckwood walking in the concourse and we got his autograph. He was wearing an orange TB Bucs jacket. My dad and uncle went on and on to me about how good he could have been at Arkansas.

Like this one?  Those old Starter jackets were the bee's knees. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 25, 2018, 08:34:29 pm
The Annual University of Arkansas vs. Arkansas State University Spring Game at WMS!

We're getting there!   :)

Probably sponsored by Pepsi. >:(
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WorfHog

In light of the renovation I think this is fine.  Give those poor folks in South Arkansas something to live for a good reason to drink.  It'll be back up here next year!

PonderinHog

AHiD

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 25, 2018, 07:58:26 pm
I don't either. It was pretty easy to get to the stadium when I lived in Maple Hill and then right off Leverett and North. Was also pretty easy to get there growing up in Little Rock.

Hell if you're such a big macho superfan, you'd be living in Fayetteville right?

Gotta say, would be cool if they had a home game in Washington, DC though...

I'm not a big macho superfan, I just think if you think not playing games in LR is disrespectful to you as a fan, you're a garbage fan.
My name...is Jerruh

RME

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on January 25, 2018, 08:42:15 pm
I'm not a big macho superfan, I just think if you think not playing games in LR is disrespectful to you as a fan, you're a garbage fan.

Where did I ever say that not playing games in Little Rock is disrespectful to me as a fan?

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Karma on January 25, 2018, 03:16:33 pm
Last AD tried to get all games out of LR, and was forced out.
New AD schedules first on field appearance of new coaching staff at WMS.
Not hard to see how the wind is blowing.

Um, games were being taken from LR BEFORE Jeff Long.  It's the right thing to do. New AD is an effing idiot!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2018, 08:33:28 pm
the crane is just part of the ploy to move all games to WMS.

the report that the construction is on schedule is a fake.  it will still be "under construction" for all of next season too.

Crane "collapses" in "high winds", compromising structural integrity of the addition. Whole expansion is cancelled and additional conference games moved to WMS for the "foreseeable future."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

AHiD

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 25, 2018, 08:43:18 pm
Where did I ever say that not playing games in Little Rock is disrespectful to me as a fan?

I wasn't referring to you in my original post.
My name...is Jerruh

Boardon Hamsay

RME

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 25, 2018, 08:44:39 pm
Crane "collapses" in "high winds", compromising structural integrity of the addition. Whole expansion is cancelled and additional conference games moved to WMS for the "foreseeable future."

University of Arkansas, Fayetteville relocates to Little Rock to merge with University of Arkansas, Little Rock, to create the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Little Rock, Trojanbacks.

Hoggish1

See the threat title: Message from HY

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Cotton on January 25, 2018, 05:16:06 pm
Gotta love the GSD...

Our tradition of letting this hokey little no win situation continue to fester lives on! WPS!

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 25, 2018, 08:36:07 pm
I feel like I've done my part.  Sorry I'm late.

Plenty of time to throw a few more zingers in this one....it'll be up til April.

micali

Well crud.  I was hoping to take my son again. Not making that trip for a spring game.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on January 25, 2018, 08:55:58 pm
Plenty of time to throw a few more zingers in this one....it'll be up til April.
Yurachek is like, "What the hell have I done now ??? "

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 25, 2018, 08:57:27 pm
Yurachek is like, "What the hell have I done now ??? "

He probably said that less than a week after taking the job....

trippigs

I like it. Might generate/restore connections statewide

(notOM)Rebel123

Hey ya'll, there's a track meet this weekend.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 07:18:39 pm
Seats aren't a problem, Master's badges are, ha.

Those can be tough to come by. But I have "a guy".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

swineology

Also schedule a game with stAte there every year as a permanent NC game.

Spring practice
stAte
SEC opponent

This schedule would be awesome at WMS

NoogaHog

Quote from: MissippHog on January 25, 2018, 08:39:55 pm

Like this one?  Those old Starter jackets were the bee's knees.

Yeah, that's what I picture in my mind's eye. But it may have been something team issued. Those jackets were awesome and I would love to have one now.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

BR

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 07:31:32 pm
Two problems, first, it's against SEC rules to have spring football practice off campus, and lastly, no recruits.
sorry didn't read SEC
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

stan the man

If U of A had to get permission from the SEC to play a spring game I can't see them allowing SEC games to be played there

clew

What about a spring game against A State FTW!
;D
Pure as the dawn

PonderinHog

Quote from: stan the man on January 25, 2018, 10:10:58 pm
If U of A had to get permission from the SEC to play a spring game I can't see them allowing SEC games to be played there
They allow them in Dallas.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: trippigs on January 25, 2018, 09:18:52 pm
I like it. Might generate/restore connections statewide
I live in far south Arkansas, 9 miles from the line. I'm game.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

idochog

You guys bitching about recruiting do realize we can't bring recruits to a Game at WMS. We lose a recruiting weekend a year.
I love Jesus!

LZH

Quote from: stan the man on January 25, 2018, 10:10:58 pm

I'm curious. When and why was this SEC rule made? Did Alabama ever play their Spring game at Legion Field?

onebadrubi

Quote from: idochog on January 25, 2018, 11:23:39 pm
You guys bitching about recruiting do realize we can't bring recruits to a Game at WMS. We lose a recruiting weekend a year.

So you promise there is a correlation between our recruiting rankings and playing games in Little Rock?   Meaning that we should pull better classes if we leave WM?   Hmmm.

Torqued pork

Welcome to Arkansas, Mr. Yurachek. We are uh....unique.

Ever seen an old school bus converted to a poor man's Winnebago? Arkansas is that kind of unique.

LZH

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 26, 2018, 04:03:57 am
Welcome to Arkansas, Mr. Yurachek. We are uh....unique.

Ever seen an old school bus converted to a poor man's Winnebago? Arkansas is that kind of unique.

Creative/Innovative!

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2018, 03:40:46 am
So you promise there is a correlation between our recruiting rankings and playing games in Little Rock?   Meaning that we should pull better classes if we leave WM?   Hmmm.

Either way It's a built in disadvantage that other teams don't have. We are making things harder for ourselves than they have to be.

Redhogs

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on January 25, 2018, 08:43:24 pm
Um, games were being taken from LR BEFORE Jeff Long.  It's the right thing to do. New AD is an effing idiot!
Agree....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

FANONTHEHILL

I'm in Fayetteville, but as I've said in the board before, I'll go wherever the team is going.  This is a GREAT idea.  It serves multiple purposes. 
First, it allows a 100yd, real atmosphere game for the fans and players.  The turf in Fayetteville is removed in the north end and you don't have a full field.  After having to move indoors last year, the full field is a great option.

Secondly, it gives this new staff a feel for WMS and how gameday logistics will work before the Ole Miss game this fall.  A wise move.

Finally, one of he major reasons for the demise of Jeff Long was his NWA centric approach.  This gives fans that can't make trips to Fayetteville some accessibility to the team.  I hope some type of formal fan interaction is set up following the game for fans. All in all, I think this is a good thing and a very good way for Yurachek to get off on a good start with the statewide fan base. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Kevin

for one year, because of construction, no big deal.

I am still waiting on someone to tell me what other major program, uses two stadiums to play home conference games?

the a&m game was signed before they were in the league, and it is going away.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

steveaustin69

Quote from: WorfHog on January 25, 2018, 08:41:29 pm
In light of the renovation I think this is fine.  Give those poor folks in South Arkansas something to live for a good reason to drink.  It'll be back up here next year!

"Give those poor folks in South Arkansas something a good reason to drink."

Next time you wanna be a pompous jerk you might wanna make sure your insult is grammatically correct/makes sense.

Cotton

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 25, 2018, 08:53:57 pm
Our tradition of letting this hokey little no win situation continue to fester lives on! WPS!

The GSD is eternal.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 07:11:57 pm
Did you actually know that, or read it elsewhere as I did. Another fun fact from that event, the game was originally scheduled for WMS but had to be moved since WMS was deemed unsafe to host it.
Deemed unsafe? That's all it will take to get us out of WMS??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 26, 2018, 08:04:48 am
I'm in Fayetteville, but as I've said in the board before, I'll go wherever the team is going.  This is a GREAT idea.  It serves multiple purposes. 
First, it allows a 100yd, real atmosphere game for the fans and players.  The turf in Fayetteville is removed in the north end and you don't have a full field.  After having to move indoors last year, the full field is a great option.

Secondly, it gives this new staff a feel for WMS and how gameday logistics will work before the Ole Miss game this fall.  A wise move.

Finally, one of he major reasons for the demise of Jeff Long was his NWA centric approach.  This gives fans that can't make trips to Fayetteville some accessibility to the team.  I hope some type of formal fan interaction is set up following the game for fans. All in all, I think this is a good thing and a very good way for Yurachek to get off on a good start with the statewide fan base.
OR... Is Yurachek tossing Central AR a bone before he yanks the contract  ;)

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX