Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

M&P shield + Hornady Critical Duty (.40)

Started by theFlyingHog, April 06, 2015, 08:27:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Don't go together. Won't feed, won't feed, won't feed!

DeltaBoy

Check the feed ramp, and try different Magazines.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

95_alum

Have you tried polishing the feed ramp with 400, 600, 1000 & 2000 grit sandpaper then buffing it with Flitz & a Dremel? Have you tried Federal HST or Buffalo Bore ammo? S&W have a theory?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Some particular pistols, just don't like certain brands/shapes of bullets & ammo.  Another M&P of the same model may shoot & function perfectly with that same ammo.  As stated by another poster.....try polishing the feed ramp & a different magazine.  If that doesn't help....try some different ammo.  It's usually one of those 3 things.  If it won't feed anything after doing those things, you need to let your gunsmith check it out.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

theFlyingHog

DeltaBoy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 07, 2015, 12:29:34 am
Federal works great in it.

OK polish the feed ramp and try again with the CD rounds.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Rzbakfromwaybak

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on April 07, 2015, 11:24:21 pm
Hollow points , or FMJ?
JHP. Pretty sure I use the 165gr hydra-shoks(?). Haven't looked at the box in a long time. They cycle great while the critical duty rds would jam up every time I chambered a rd and once or twice when firing a 6rd mag

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 08, 2015, 10:41:39 am

JHP. Pretty sure I use the 165gr hydra-shoks(?). Haven't looked at the box in a long time. They cycle great while the critical duty rds would jam up every time I chambered a rd and once or twice when firing a 6rd mag

I would just use those Hollow points that function perfect for your self defense, that is the #1 issue in a self defense load.  Bet they will do just fine.  Just about any HP bullet in a .40 is going to be more than enough for a self defense load. I would just forget about the Hornady critical duty rounds for that particular gun for now.  Sounds like your gun doesn't like them.  Not really unusual for a semi-auto to have a certain bullet/brand that may not want to feed properly.  Feed it what it likes.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on April 08, 2015, 07:09:20 pm
I would just use those Hollow points that function perfect for your self defense, that is the #1 issue in a self defense load.  Bet they will do just fine.  Just about any HP bullet in a .40 is going to be more than enough for a self defense load. I would just forget about the Hornady critical duty rounds for that particular gun for now.  Sounds like your gun doesn't like them.  Not really unusual for a semi-auto to have a certain bullet/brand that may not want to feed properly.  Feed it what it likes.

+1