Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cruise information...

Started by who knows, July 15, 2014, 04:09:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who knows

Any tips or recommendations you guys have for me... we are doing a Caribbean tour stopping in Cozumel and Yucatan... and advice as to how to spend your money aboard the ship? Things best not to do? How to spend your time off the ship? There are 4 of us guys going together and we are looking at getting one of the suites but can probably be convinced otherwise... thanks in advance
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

pigture perfect

You will love the cruise no mater where you decide to go. I advise against buying the excursion package from the ship. It's much cheaper to do stuff on your own.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

mtnmusic

Quote from: who knows on July 15, 2014, 04:09:48 pm
Any tips or recommendations you guys have for me... we are doing a Caribbean tour stopping in Cozumel and Yucatan... and advice as to how to spend your money aboard the ship? Things best not to do? How to spend your time off the ship? There are 4 of us guys going together and we are looking at getting one of the suites but can probably be convinced otherwise... thanks in advance
Forget the suite.. better to book two balcony cabins with a connecting door for a lot less money.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: mtnmusic on August 07, 2014, 03:04:41 pm
Forget the suite.. better to book two balcony cabins with a connecting door for a lot less money.

This.  Also, if you get the aft most balcony cabin, it's usually larger than the rest.  Your cabin and balcony is about 4 feet longer than the others.

You can see this if your ship is like this by looking at the ship's diagram.

My wife and I bought a unlimited soft drink package, but we would have saved money if we bought them individually.  We ended up drinking a lot more water than anything else.

If you buy something "duty free" on the ship store, don't forget your duty free limits on purchases and, if you buy alcohol, bottles.  You'll have to claim everything coming back through Customs and they don't take kindly to you not claiming something to avoid the taxes.

Have fun.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

mtnmusic

Another tip: There's a website www.cruisecompete.com where you can post the cruise you want and bid it out to travel agents all over the country. You get some great rates from TAs working on the assumption that 2% of something is better than 10% of nothing.