Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tell me about Panama

Started by kodiakisland, June 18, 2014, 08:15:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

OK.  Pretty sure the wife and I will be spending 5 or 6 days in Panama in Feb.  We've been to most Central American countries, but not Panama.  We prefer to stay at a fairly nice resort with good beaches out of the city.  We will probably do one day of fishing and one day of jungle tour, the rest laying around on the beach.  Anyone have any recommendations?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 18, 2014, 08:15:49 pm
OK.  Pretty sure the wife and I will be spending 5 or 6 days in Panama in Feb.  We've been to most Central American countries, but not Panama.  We prefer to stay at a fairly nice resort with good beaches out of the city.  We will probably do one day of fishing and one day of jungle tour, the rest laying around on the beach.  Anyone have any recommendations?

I'll check with some friends on the resort.  There are 2 must-see places IMO.  The Panama Canal is well worth a tour.  Also, I recommend going out to San Blas and visiting a Kuna Indians' Island.  These are the people that make the colorful patterns you will see on clothing and other materials.  The women wear gold nose rings and mark a line down their nose.  Many of the men snorkel for lobster and other fish.

Panama is usually hotter than the other Central American countries, but it's a great place to visit.  It's my 2nd favorite CA country next to Costa Rica.  The people are almost as nice as the Ticos, and many speak English. 

Great choice, you'll love Panama.

[attachment deleted by admin]
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Flying Razorback

I'm sorry. 

I really am.

I even tried to stop myself once going to YouTube. 

But I just had to.

Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on June 19, 2014, 09:48:46 pm
I'm sorry. 

I really am.

But I just had to.

That's a great song.  When in Panama, you have to crank that at least once driving down the coast...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

kodiakisland

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on June 19, 2014, 09:48:46 pm
I'm sorry. 

I really am.

But I just had to.

My wife's going to hate you, because now I'm going to play that at the most inappropriate time.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

A place called "Playa Blanca" is what I'm hearing for that time of year - just waiting to hear back from my friends about which resort/hotel they recommend on that beach.  I'd like to hear about one that my friends have actually been to recently so you'll know what to expect.

kodiakisland

We're thinking a few days in the Pearl Islands.  Not sure where but figure thats a nice place to spend a couple of days.

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 22, 2014, 03:24:32 am
We're thinking a few days in the Pearl Islands.  Not sure where but figure thats a nice place to spend a couple of days.

Cool.  I've been to Panama many times, and have friends who lived there both during the American "Canal Zone" era, and then after.

Like I said, you'll love it.

Oklahawg

Notshavin' is the go-to source for CA travel!!!

I'll be hitting him up for CR or Belize info soon. (I hope)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 29, 2014, 10:31:22 pm
Notshavin' is the go-to source for CA travel!!!

I'll be hitting him up for CR or Belize info soon. (I hope)

Playa Blanca in Panama is what I keep hearing from several friends.

Okla, actually UU has been to Belize quite a bit and can give you some good advice on that country.  I've only been there once and didn't make it out to the beach, but they say it's gorgeous and a "best kept secret" in Central America.

kingofdequeen

husker71

I know lots and lots of Americans are retiring there.  My 2nd choice after Bohol Island