Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I-540 is now I-49

Started by bugo, April 23, 2014, 02:07:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

April 23, 2014, 02:07:22 am Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:17:54 am by bugo
I-540 between I-40 and AR 102, and US 71 from AR 102 to US 71B is now I-49.  Signage is being replaced as we speak.  If you're going to Fayetteville from the south be sure to look for the I-49 shield instead of I-540.  The I-540 running south of I-40 to Fort Smith will remain signed as I-540.

DeltaBoy

When it gets done I will run it hard.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hog.goblin

That's going to take a long time to get used to

Magic_Hogg

I saw this tonite driving out to the Catfish Hole off Wedington.  Stay away from Fay awhile and they change everything.

bugo

The stupid thing is that AHTD didn't leave the I-540 signs up for a few years to get motorists used to the new number or put signs up that say "Formerly I-540" or "Old I-540", they just switched the signs without warning.  This is just asking for mass confusion.  AHTD is the Texas Longhorns of state DOTs.

1highhog

This sucks, they should have gave more warning so we would had more time to get together and take the signs down ourselves, the ones that wanted them as souvenirs that is, that would have saved the State money, bunch of nincompoops.

Gonzo

Is there any work going on between Texarkana and Ft Smith?  Never go that way but I've dropped down to Shreveport from Texarkana coming back from Little Rock and seems that stretch is getting pretty close.   Would like this 49 option from DFW to games but figure it's years away

Go Hogs!

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Gonzo on June 13, 2014, 01:05:52 pm
Is there any work going on between Texarkana and Ft Smith?  Never go that way but I've dropped down to Shreveport from Texarkana coming back from Little Rock and seems that stretch is getting pretty close.   Would like this 49 option from DFW to games but figure it's years away

Go Hogs!

None at all