Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nova Scotia & Cape Breton

Started by HawgWild, July 03, 2013, 08:04:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Anyone been? Got any recommendations for someone considering going?

TIA

HawgWild

mtnmusic

Quote from: HawgWild on July 03, 2013, 08:04:51 am
Anyone been? Got any recommendations for someone considering going?

TIA

HawgWild

On May 2 Holland America runs a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal that includes these locations. It's a cheap vacation considering your lodging and meals and transportation are covered (other than airfare).

HawgWild

TY for the reply. We're looking to spend more time on the Cape than this would allow. Just booked a cabin for a week in Baddeck.

Flying Razorback

Just got back from Newfoundland.  Not the same place, obviously, but it was still really nice.  I couldn't believe there were that many people living out there on what seemed like the end of civilization.  It was beautiful, temperature was incredible for it being July (55 degrees at night), and the night life was awesome.  I had a lot of fun.  I'd like to see more of that area such as Nova Scotia.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

HawgWild

I thought I'd bump this up one more time to see if anyone had anything to say. I'm all booked now and the trip includes a visit to Prince Edward Island.

SirCHog2

(Halifax) Expect cool evenings.  If you like beer try Keith's Indian Pale ale.  Plan on a couple of great lobster dinners.  It's a town full of young people, very engaging, very cordial.  Friends went to Megan's Bay and said was a great day trip (Near Halifax). 

HawgWild

Thanks for the info. We're not planning on making it down to Halifax this trip. I'll look for KIP ale when on CBI.

HawgWild

Just got back from our trip up. Had some KIP with a bowl of seafood chowder one night. Good stuff. Very beautiful country up there this time of year and the people are the nicest you'll meet.

[attachment deleted by admin]