Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brooks Ellis Pick 6 Breakdown

Started by Josh Goforth, September 13, 2016, 01:50:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Goforth

https://twitter.com/joshgoforth/status/775584944651239424

Kenny Hill ran into a little pressure but thought he could sling it out to Turpin on the shallow crosser. Ellis was all over it and made a great play on the ball. The scheme up front created the pressure, Tackle end swap, and gave Hill nowhere to go and a cloudy throwing lane.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Josh Goforth on September 13, 2016, 01:50:21 am
https://twitter.com/joshgoforth/status/775584944651239424

Kenny Hill ran into a little pressure but thought he could sling it out to Turpin on the shallow crosser. Ellis was all over it and made a great play on the ball. The scheme up front created the pressure, Tackle end swap, and gave Hill nowhere to go and a cloudy throwing lane.

You mean his PIG SIX?   woooooooooooo
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Ragnar Hogbrok

I believe it was the play previous where Hill did the same thing. Tried to dump it quickly to a receiver covered by Brooks. It fell incomplete. The second time, Brooks made him pay.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Potosihog

Yes, if you watch the play before Ellis had a chance at a pick.  He seemed frustrated with himself for not seeing it until it was too late.

That is the sign of a great player.  Instead of getting down on himself he was in hyper alert mode and the Trill gave him an opportunity to seize.

Funny thing is the previous play might have resulted in a pick but it is unlikely it would have been returned for a touchdown because of the position of the receiver at the time.  Turned out for the best for him to miss the first opportunity.

Dirttrackhog

I was at work at this time and could only watch it on my phone, when I saw it unfold I thought Ellis was about to light him up. Much happier it was a pick 6.

HogShat

That tackle stunt was a thing of beauty!!

DeltaBoy

It was great and I wonder why the WR did not make a better effort to run Brooks down.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SDZ_Hog

The majority of the TCU cheerleaders enjoyed the pick 6 as well. Either that or laughing at Justin Moore who was about to or already getting a knee to the footballs from Ross.   

Josh Goforth

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on September 13, 2016, 08:26:31 am
The majority of the TCU cheerleaders enjoyed the pick 6 as well. Either that or laughing at Justin Moore who was about to or already getting a knee to the footballs from Ross.   
Thats great, you can see one two or three chicks that actually know what is going on and have the oh Sh** look on their face.