Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Situational HUNH

Started by upperdeck_hawg, September 12, 2016, 12:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

upperdeck_hawg

I know we are not a fast paced team, but there are instances where employing HUNH would be beneficial. After a questionable play that might be reversed (for instance the Morgan catch that was overturned), you see teams hurry to get the snap off before the officials can make the call to review it.  Another time it can be used is after a play where on the next play you don't have far to go, you can run up and snap the ball quickly without allowing the other team to bring in their short yardage package. The RWIII run to the two yard line is an example where this tactic could have been used.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

RaisinHog

Well we ran a play after the catch and they still reviewed it..

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: RaisinHog on September 12, 2016, 12:29:06 pm
Well we ran a play after the catch and they still reviewed it..

that's because they made the call to the booth in time. it took forever for them to even do that which illustrates my point. If we run down there in a hurry and snap it before the officials could have made a call to the booth, that play stands
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TexHog188

Is be satisfied if our defense would actually hurry back to the line and get set before the offense snaps the ball. Happened about 3-4 times at least
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: TexHog188 on September 12, 2016, 12:30:26 pm
Is be satisfied if our defense would actually hurry back to the line and get set before the offense snaps the ball. Happened about 3-4 times at least

i lost count of how many times our d lineman where still shifting around while they snapped the ball

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

RzRbAcK18

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on September 12, 2016, 12:30:24 pm
that's because they made the call to the booth in time. it took forever for them to even do that which illustrates my point. If we run down there in a hurry and snap it before the officials could have made a call to the booth, that play stands
last week i saw a game where the team got the next play in and was lined up for the play after that and the refs stopped the game and went back and overturned a catch. I was trippin about as hard as their coach was. I guess it's a new thing now. took away a 15 yd run AND the initial 30 yd pass plays!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on September 12, 2016, 12:31:45 pm
i lost count of how many times our d lineman where still shifting around while they snapped the ball
a few of those times we got great pressure.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 12, 2016, 12:37:43 pm
last week i saw a game where the team got the next play in and was lined up for the play after that and the refs stopped the game and went back and overturned a catch. I was trippin about as hard as their coach was. I guess it's a new thing now. took away a 15 yd run AND the initial 30 yd pass plays!

I suppose that Bielema and team had no reason to rush, as they thought it was a catch.  I thought it was too until I saw the replay and it clearly showed the ball move.  That's when I started screaming for them to hurry up.  Too bad they can't hear me through the TV.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

PorkSoda

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on September 12, 2016, 12:30:24 pm
that's because they made the call to the booth in time.
we ran a whole play and almost another.  I don't buy it.  I've seen a couple other games this year where they did the same thing they did to us.  if they are going to review, then that is what they are going to do regardless of whether you call a play or not.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

007 License To Squeal

Am I correct in thinking that the offense cannot snap the ball until the defense is lined up and set?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 12, 2016, 12:46:42 pm
we ran a whole play and almost another.  I don't buy it.  I've seen a couple other games this year where they did the same thing they did to us.  if they are going to review, then that is what they are going to do regardless of whether you call a play or not.

Im surprisingly ok with this. Nobody should get credit for a play they didnt complete.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2016, 01:14:15 pm
Im surprisingly ok with this. Nobody should get credit for a play they didnt complete.

Tell Okie State

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2016, 01:14:15 pm
yeah, me too. They should be quick and proffesional, though. Just like when I see a late flag. Even if the call is correct, I'm screaming, "wth , Late Flag, Bozo!"

ricepig

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on September 12, 2016, 12:31:45 pm

Texas ST snaps it quicker than TCU.....

https://twitter.com/TreyBiddy/status/775394500273328128

Danny J

First and goal from the 2 up 20 to 7 would have been a perfect time to get down there and snap the ball quickly and run it right up the gut instead of calling our second timeout. That really was my only issue with the entire game although the way we finished was much more exciting.

Wildhog

We've tried before.  We're terrible at it. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bacons Rebellion

I wouldn't mind us going HUNH after we convert a longer first down against a nickel. Run the ball against that, even if we have our passing personnel package in.

TuffTusk

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 12, 2016, 01:06:40 pm
Am I correct in thinking that the offense cannot snap the ball until the defense is lined up and set?

When the offense subs, the defense is allowed to sub as well.  If the offense doesn't sub, I believe they can snap asap.
Making the world a better place one frosty mug at a time

NuttinItUp

Quote from: TuffTusk on September 12, 2016, 02:03:51 pm
When the offense subs, the defense is allowed to sub as well.  If the offense doesn't sub, I believe they can snap asap.

That is correct. You can really only do HUNH if you have an offense that is in shape and doesn't need to sub.