Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen SEC POW, Skipper OL of the week

Started by ricepig, September 12, 2016, 10:43:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TXArcher

RazrRila99

Who got Special Teams of the week?  Baker better had been in discussions.  6 50+yd punts and a long of 59yds, OMG!  The 59 yarder came just as I said he better get a GOOD one or Im going to bench him.

rljjr

I know we can't win every weekly award, but I certainly hope Brooks Ellis was in the discussion. That guy rocked.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Mark_Freeman

I hope Baker got special teams POW or Bielema quits.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on September 12, 2016, 10:53:23 am
I hope Baker got special teams POW or Bielema quits.
He had a hell of a day punting, but you know they are going to give it to somebody who hit a bunch of FGs or returned a kick.  Punters get no love.  In truth, he was probably the key to that game.  He kept them from getting a short field all night.  The only significant return was not his fault.  He boomed it and half the team missed the tackle on Turpin.  This kind of punting is going to be crucial, especially in a game like Bama where field position is even more important because of that dominant D.

longpig

September 12, 2016, 11:10:54 am #7 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:26:26 am by longpig
Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 12, 2016, 10:53:22 am
Toby Baker got robbed.

I blame it on them spreading the love, we'd have 5 or 6 this week otherwise.   Definitely would have awarded Baker or Ellis instead of Skipper though.  His field goal block must make up for the handful of missed assignments in some way.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: longpig on September 12, 2016, 11:10:54 am
I blame it on them spreading the love, we'd have 5 or 6 this week otherwise.   Definitely would have awarded Baker or Ellis instead of Skipper though.  His field goal block must make up for the handful of missed blocks in some way.

Yeah, the winners were playing against cupcakes. Baker's performance was absolutely more important to our win than LSUs or Auburn's "winners".
This is my non-signature signature.

gmarv

September 12, 2016, 11:20:37 am #9 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:33:26 am by gmarv
Quote from: rljjr on September 12, 2016, 10:53:00 am
I know we can't win every weekly award, but I certainly hope Brooks Ellis was in the discussion. That guy rocked.
Ellis deserves some kind of atta boy.  we don,t win that game without his play he came up big several times.

longpig

Quote from: gmarv on September 12, 2016, 11:20:37 am
Ellis deserves something of atta boy.  we don,t win that game without his play he came up big several times.

May just be coincidence, but  TCU got rolling and kept rolling about the same time Ellis started wearing out.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HogFansReunited

I still think Ellis was the player of the day.  If it wasn't for his performance, that would have been a loss.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

gmarv

[/quote]
Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 12, 2016, 11:32:27 am
I still think Ellis was the player of the day.  If it wasn't for his performance, that would have been a loss.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wlbrown9

Caught the end of an interview with Austin on SEC TV this evening. They congratulated him on the POW honor. Then they mention Miss Arkansas winning Miss America last night. Austin said they were pumped and excited watching that last night. Then he said he knew her growing up. Apparently they were in kindergarten way back then. Lucky guy. Perhaps he still has an in with her  ;) ;) ;)

Hawgzinbowlz

Ellis and Baker both deserve something.

Ellis was a beast and Baker kept flipping the field...Incredible hang time and distance.

" GO HOGS "