Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have the Hogs played in the most OT games in fbs

Started by hogsanity, September 12, 2016, 10:14:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

since OT was introduced? How about the most OT periods played? I am not sure where to look this up.

according to this they were tied with Tenn after 2015, so would now lead with 19 OT games all time. Not sure about Ot periods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_overtime_records
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Gonzo

Don't know about the most OT games, but considering they've played in 3 of the 4 longest games I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've played the most OT periods.

Go Hogs! Beat Texas St!

JHicks3636

Bacons Rebellion

Assuming Wikipedia is correct through 2015, that would put us in the lead at 19 over Tennessee at 18.

TCU is right behind us at 18 now.

hawgwash

Quote from: JHicks3636 on September 12, 2016, 10:21:58 am
Tied with Tennessee for the most OT games
Thought I heard the other day we were tied with them for most OT WINS, not necessarily games. I don't know if that was before or after TCU.

JHicks3636

Coming into the season, both Arkansas and Tennessee had played 18 OT games. Each had gone 12-6 in them. This year Tennessee went to overtime in its first game and won to take the lead. Then we went OT against TCU and won to tie them again. Both teams with 19 OT games and 13-6 records in them.

jjdlc

Quote from: JHicks3636 on September 12, 2016, 11:57:28 am
Coming into the season, both Arkansas and Tennessee had played 18 OT games. Each had gone 12-6 in them. This year Tennessee went to overtime in its first game and won to take the lead. Then we went OT against TCU and won to tie them again. Both teams with 19 OT games and 13-6 records in them.

We are also 9-1 in multiple overtime games, so if you play us in overtime, you darn well better beat us in the first one.

Locutus_of_Boar

Here is the OT record as I have it:

Ford Era 1-0
Nov 23 1996 Mississippi State Win 16 - 13

Nutt Era 6-1 - Gotta give Hootie credit, he could motivate in OT.
Nov 18 2000 Mississippi State Win 17 - 10
Nov 3 2001 Ole Miss Win 58 - 56 7OT

Oct 5 2002 Tennessee Loss 38 - 41 6OT
Sep 27 2003 Alabama Win 34 - 31 2OT
Nov 1 2003 Kentucky Win 71 - 63 7OT
Sep 23 2006 Alabama Win 24 - 23 2OT
Nov 23 2007 LSU Win 50 - 48 3OT

Petrino Era 2-1
Nov 28 2009 LSU Loss 30 - 33
Jan 2 2010 East Carolina Win 20 - 17
Nov 20 2010 Mississippi State Win 38 – 31 2OT

John L Smith Error 0-1
Sep 8 2012 Louisiana Monroe Loss 31 - 34

Beilema Era 3-3 started slow but picking up speed
Nov 23 2013 Mississippi State Loss 17 - 24
Sep 27 2014 Texas A&M Loss 28 - 35
Sep 2015 Texas A&M Loss 21 - 28
Oct 24 2015 Auburn Win 54 – 46 4OT
Nov 7 2015 Ole Miss Win 53 - 52
Sep 10 2016 TCU Win 41-38 2OT

All coaches:  12-6
9-1 in multiple OT games
18 games
43 OT periods played

DLUXHOG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Arkansas_vs._Kentucky_football_game

"The 2003 Arkansas vs. Kentucky football game was a college football game played on November 1, 2003 between the University of Arkansas and the University of Kentucky; it tied a NCAA record for the longest football game ever played"
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

As I heard a guy on ESPN said You don't want Arkansas in OT.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 12, 2016, 12:51:44 pm
As I heard a guy on ESPN said You don't want Arkansas in OT.
The reddit thread was classic. Not invading russia in the winter and don't play the hogs in OT. wasn't even a hog fan that said it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 12, 2016, 01:08:00 pm
The reddit thread was classic. Not invading russia in the winter and don't play the hogs in OT. wasn't even a hog fan that said it.

Yep
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WizardofhOgZ

davglo35

JayBell

Bookmarking this thread.  Everybody is always wondering these stats because Arkansas plays in an overtime game like every 3 weeks or so.

AloRaptor

Quote from: JayBell on September 12, 2016, 08:00:15 pm
Bookmarking this thread.  Everybody is always wondering these stats because Arkansas plays in an overtime game like every 3 weeks or so.

It sure seems like it don't it. :o

JayBell

Quote from: AloRaptor on September 12, 2016, 09:56:52 pmIt sure seems like it don't it. :o

The difference between Arkansas and Tennessee is the four-quarter games.  Sure, Tennessee plays in as many overtime games as Arkansas, but not every other game for them goes down to the wire.  They have way more blowouts, one way or another.  It feels like even when Arkansas doesn't play overtime, they have to make it dramatic in the fourth quarter.  It gets really old.