Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M Game

Started by tampahog, September 12, 2016, 07:52:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tampahog

The wife and I are taking our first trip to Jerry's world for the A&M game.  Hoping the hog fans really roll out for this one given we just had 12K plus at TCU.  Would love to see us match A&M for attendance but I know that's a long shot. 

Assuming it's a night game, any suggestions of popular places where hog fans will be gathered before the game ?   We are staying in uptown.

Mr. Porkleone

Was there last year.  We matched as we will this year. 

dhizzle

A&M usually has a section at the game for cadets and they say ooooooooooooooh the whole dame game and it gets on my nerves. The U of A needs to buy out a section for the students.

Großer Kriegschwein

My old squadron commander is an aTm grad from the corps of cadets. I'll get to see all kinds of Facebook love for the Aggies next week. Hopefully we run them off the field.
This is my non-signature signature.

Sed76

If you've never been to Jerry World you will love it. Before the game there are all kinds of eating places right across the street from the stadium where you will find lots of friendly fans. Last 2 years we have parked in Lot 10 and enjoyed a few cold ones and great conversation with fellow Razorback fans who were tailgating.

ghostzapper

Quote from: tampahog on September 12, 2016, 07:52:01 am
The wife and I are taking our first trip to Jerry's world for the A&M game.  Hoping the hog fans really roll out for this one given we just had 12K plus at TCU.  Would love to see us match A&M for attendance but I know that's a long shot. 

Assuming it's a night game, any suggestions of popular places where hog fans will be gathered before the game ?   We are staying in uptown.

Do you live in Tampa?  If so, do you go out anywhere to watch Arkansas games?  I went to Selmon's for La Tech and think I'm done with that. 

NuttinItUp

Gotta break that 4-game streak the Ags have on us.

GHG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas%E2%80%93Texas_A%26M_football_rivalry

tampahog

Quote from: ghostzapper on September 12, 2016, 11:23:46 am
Do you live in Tampa?  If so, do you go out anywhere to watch Arkansas games?  I went to Selmon's for La Tech and think I'm done with that. 

The alumni club in Tampa meets regularly to watch the games at the sports bar at the Holiday Inn Westshore.  We make it out there a couple of times per year.  Look for the group "Arkansas Alumni in Tampa Bay" on Facebook to join the invite list.

ErykofArkansas

September 12, 2016, 02:45:01 pm #8 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:58:52 pm by ErykofArkansas
Looks like game time was recently announced, it will be a late kickoff. And airing on ESPN.   9pm Et.  8pm central.  Woo pig!

WooPig90

Quote from: ErykofArkansas on September 12, 2016, 02:45:01 pm
Looks like game time was recently announced, it will be a late kickoff. And airing on ESPN.   8pm Et.  7 pm central.  Woo pig!

9pm ET, 8pm Central

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 12, 2016, 07:58:41 am
Was there last year.  We matched as we will this year. 
I went first 3 years when we won all 3 and I'll bet Hog fans vastly outnumbered A&M fans...........   Hog fans were certainly louder back then to me.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogwild6700

Sherlock's is always a popular spot the night before and the day of the game. I know The Buzz is normally hanging out there.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

ErykofArkansas

Quote from: WooPig90 on September 12, 2016, 03:13:37 pm
9pm ET, 8pm Central

Apologies, assumed it was posted Et. As usually is.  But I see I was wrong lol. 

ghostzapper

Quote from: tampahog on September 12, 2016, 01:34:33 pm
The alumni club in Tampa meets regularly to watch the games at the sports bar at the Holiday Inn Westshore.  We make it out there a couple of times per year.  Look for the group "Arkansas Alumni in Tampa Bay" on Facebook to join the invite list.

Thanks.  I'll check that out.