Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Holly Rowe interview immediately following win....

Started by LR Hog, September 11, 2016, 10:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LR Hog

Coach B is caught hugging a TCU player, #4 Graham. Who is that and why would Coach be hugging him?
Like a boss.

greenEGnHAWGS

He's a guy that has always had a ton of respect for CBB when he was recruiting him last year.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

presidenthog

Quote from: LR Hog on September 11, 2016, 10:26:13 pm
Coach B is caught hugging a TCU player, #4 Graham. Who is that and why would Coach be hugging him?

He was a WR we was recruiting. We wanted him badly. He snubbed us for TCU. He was just showing coach some love. Probably regrets not picking the better team lol.

YtownHog

Isaiah Graham, was a recruit we fought hard for and lost. My guess is he was just congratulating coach.  I get the impression that he builds a great friendship even with the ones that don't ultimately choose us.

Well, exactly what Presidenthog said just before me haha

The Boar War

That wasn't a hug.  Coach B was getting a lesson on TCU's blocking technique.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The Boar War on September 11, 2016, 11:20:53 pm

Prolly right actually.

"Lemme see that technique."
This is my non-signature signature.

Wild Bill Hog

Nailed it for sure.

Pork Twain

Seems like a very good thing that guys we recruited and lost out on will still seek our coach out after defeat.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

lahawg1

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 12, 2016, 05:49:09 am
Seems like a very good thing that guys we recruited and lost out on will still seek our coach out after defeat.

That speaks volumes for our coach as a man. I'll take it

Mr. Porkleone

Pigsknuckles

In all the post game hugging, did anyone but me notice the hug AA gave to the trooper assigned to  Coach B? The trooper must have been a closet Hog fan. He appeared to have enjoyed the outcome.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jgphillips3

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 12, 2016, 08:04:35 am
In all the post game hugging, did anyone but me notice the hug AA gave to the trooper assigned to  Coach B? The trooper must have been a closet Hog fan. He appeared to have enjoyed the outcome.

Wasn't that an Arkansas trooper?  If we were going to have a Texas trooper, Decori Birmingham would be our go to guy if we could get him one would think.

LRHawg

DeltaBoy

Correct answer!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 12, 2016, 05:58:14 am
Agreed.  Our coach has things in perspective.  I love it.  He will get us in a situation to win a SEC championship someday....and that's all we can ask for.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

onebadrubi

That is an Arkansas trooper. Remember BP first call after wrecking his bike was to his assigned trooper.

RzRbAcK18

The trooper cracked me up. He is an Arkansas State Trooper and showed his hog loyalty. When AA scored the game winner he threw his hands up and almost left CBB. He suddenly remembered his duty and went back to protecting him lol. Sometimes your inner hog cannot be containedone. WPS!

Pigsknuckles

Ouch, just never crossed my mind that we brought our own troopers to out of state games.  Still good stuff.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 12, 2016, 01:23:26 pm
CBB is a class act...

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/bret-bielema-delivers-gift-to-espn-reporter-battling-cancer
Yep, he truly is. I realize a lot of folks just want to judge a person, in this case a head coach, merelyby his record. And while that's most definitely important, I think your character and what type of person you truly are counts for so much more. Bret has never  been an embarrassment (even considering several slips of the tongue at pressers) with the way he's conducted himself as a person. I can guarantee you that a lot of programs would like to be able to say that.

HawgnCorona

Well it was kinda hard not to notice if it was THE camera focus...But you are the only one to mention it though.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 12, 2016, 01:32:29 pm
Yep, he truly is. I realize a lot of folks just want to judge a person, in this case a head coach, merely for his record. And while that's most definitely important, I think your character and what type of person you truly are counts for so much more. Bret has never  been an embarrassment (even considering several slips of the tongue at pressers) with the way he's conducted himself as a person. I can guarantee you that a lot of programs would like to be able to say that.

Here's the thing I find most appealing. Bielema is relatively young and still learning on the job. When his football prowess catches up with his character and personal relationship skills...everyone better get the hell out of his way.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Calling All Hogs

"Nothing wrong with that!" - Marc Curles

sasnakrafan

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 12, 2016, 01:06:24 pm
Ouch, just never crossed my mind that we brought our own troopers to out of state games.  Still good stuff.

Makes sense though as he is a state employee. I would hate to have a brand new person every week as you'd have to constantly fill them in on the security details even though it's not as intricate as the president's, it probably has quite a few directions. Woo Pig!

Missooie

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 12, 2016, 05:58:14 am

Agree. I think it also speaks volumes about the guys we recruit too. Being that young and showing that kind of maturity is a big deal. We have guys on HV that do not show that kind of respect, yet a teenager hugs the opposing coach after a loss out of respect. That's a good person and I'm happy for TCU that they have guys like him on their team.

JIHawg

The trooper was likely from Fayetteville, where Austin grew up.  There prolly was a personal relationship-maybe church friend, neighbor, dated his daughter, etc.

Bielema is as class an act as we could ever have.  It's demonstrated over and over.  We are so fortunate to have him as our coach.  He's so old school in a good way.  Frank must love him being our coach.

dacskc

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 12, 2016, 01:23:26 pm
CBB is a class act...

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/bret-bielema-delivers-gift-to-espn-reporter-battling-cancer

That's a great story. And also, props to Holly Rowe for continuing to do a great job and projecting a positive attitude. I hope that some people who have bashed her in the past (almost always about her appearance) will now have an excuse to stop. (Not that they should need an excuse to act right)

younghog

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on September 12, 2016, 08:48:29 am
The trooper cracked me up. He is an Arkansas State Trooper and showed his hog loyalty. When AA scored the game winner he threw his hands up and almost left CBB. He suddenly remembered his duty and went back to protecting him lol. Sometimes your inner hog cannot be containedone. WPS!

Yeah I saw that .... CLASSIC
GO HOGS

Hogarusa

Quote from: JIHawg on September 12, 2016, 02:01:31 pm
The trooper was likely from Fayetteville, where Austin grew up.  There prolly was a personal relationship-maybe church friend, neighbor, dated his daughter, etc.

Hahaha.  Or maybe he is the assigned trooper of the Arkansas Razorbacks football team and everyone knows him..
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

longpig

Yep, he truly is. I realize a lot of folks just want to judge a person, in this case a head coach, merelyby his record. And while that's most definitely important, I think your character and what type of person you truly are counts for so much more. Bret has never  been an embarrassment (even considering several slips of the tongue at pressers) with the way he's conducted himself as a person. I can guarantee you that a lot of programs would like to be able to say that.

The flop in the Alabama game was embarrassing.
Don't be scared, be smart.

YtownHog

Quote from: JIHawg on September 12, 2016, 02:01:31 pm

Bielema is as class an act as we could ever have.  It's demonstrated over and over.  We are so fortunate to have him as our coach.  He's so old school in a good way.  Frank must love him being our coach.

The trooper is Aaron Keith.  Have known him for my entire life.  Went to school for several years at Yellville-Summit.  His dad was an incredibly well known coach in Northern Arkansas atleast, Ronnie Keith.  He went spent some time at Huntsville if I remember correct.  Lost a battle with cancer probably 10 years or so ago.  "Little A" as I've always know him is a big Hogs fan and has been assigned with CBB since he arrived in Fayetteville. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: sasnakrafan on September 12, 2016, 01:50:36 pm
Makes sense though as he is a state employee. I would hate to have a brand new person every week as you'd have to constantly fill them in on the security details even though it's not as intricate as the president's, it probably has quite a few directions. Woo Pig!

Thanks. Was feeling really stupid that this Oklahoma boy didn't recognize an Arkansas Trooper from a Texas Trooper.

southeasthog

smb

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on September 12, 2016, 08:48:29 am
I saw this too and thought the same thing.
GeorgiaHOG

Hoggish1

Nice post.  CBB makes me proud.  He's building a brand here that will be envied for a long time.  Arkansas will be America's team...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.