Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley

Started by bokid12, September 11, 2016, 06:17:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

al_pigcino

There is more to being a back than a high school rivals ranking. Walker isn't there to run for 150 yards. He's there to be a versatile hybrid TB/FB.

Pork Twain

Obviously the guys that actually run practice see something that Mr. Whaley needs to work on before he gets more carries.  Could be ball protection but more likely it is QB protection at this point.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Memhogs on September 11, 2016, 11:07:04 pm
Only thing that's sticking in the back of my mind is that AC got a lot of carries right off the bat. Maybe CBB found some fault in that and is easing DW into the cold water a lil slower.

Only had JWill on the roster at that time.  Plus, BA was injured early that year too. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

southeasthog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 11, 2016, 08:47:24 pm
I am surprised he isn't getting Alex Collins type carries, AC was a big part of game plan in game 1.

Quote from: Memhogs on September 11, 2016, 11:07:04 pm
Only thing that's sticking in the back of my mind is that AC got a lot of carries right off the bat. Maybe CBB found some fault in that and is easing DW into the cold water a lil slower.
We also had a different OC in Alex Collins first game. I think Bielema has given Enos a longer leash with play calling than Chaney had in the beginning.

Mark_Freeman

Walker needs to be in to pass block & VERY rarely carry the rock, because, I'm sorry, he's just not good. He is the "let's find someone to run into" guy who if you need 2 yards can get you 2 yards and if you need 5 yards he will get you 2 yards. Whaley has to learn to pass protect, for sure, but he's not here as a blocker, he needs to run the stinking ball! I hope this week is his coming out party. I hope that as much for him and the team as for RW3's long-term health this season.

Polecat

Quote from: presidenthog on September 11, 2016, 06:23:44 pm
Kody walker hasn't gained a step after losing 20 lbs.

Whaley clearly has a first step that none of the other backs have. He needs reps. I hope he gets them this week.

I love Kody for sticking it out and coming back for a sixth year. That being said, against TCU he looked like a turtle trying to run through peanut butter.
In January.
I look forward to Whaley having a bigger role as the season goes along
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Dionysos25

It's amazing to me the people who are like "Who cares if he can block! Give him the rock!" .. and the people who have already written him off as a bust after a whole 4 carries.. You guys are ridiculous most days.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 11, 2016, 06:50:54 pm
Until they trust him to block and not get the qb killed, he just needs to keep learning. His time is coming.

Exactly.  DW isn't getting as many opportunities because the Oline was horrific in pass protection in gane 1.

The faster he knows the assignment's the quicker he can be trusted on the field. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

woodrow hog call

His first carry he and AA bumped into each other pretty good, that could have caused a fumble, it's only his second game as a true freshman. Better to ease him into it, rather than put him in a situation that destroys his confidence, imo.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 12, 2016, 12:33:17 pm
His first carry he and AA bumped into each other pretty good, that could have caused a fumble, it's only his second game as a true freshman. Better to ease him into it, rather than put him in a situation that destroys his confidence, imo.

Finally someone else confirms what I thought I saw. ;D  They almost fumbled the exchange.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

memphishog

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 11, 2016, 06:50:54 pm
Until they trust him to block and not get the qb killed, he just needs to keep learning. His time is coming.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

no one is questioning his ability to run or his first step. he will be fine as soon as he can recognize defenses and blitz packages.

colbs

It seems like blocking has been the biggest issue with freshmen RBs as long as I can remember.  Devwah will be fine and I bet he gets quite a few carries this weekend.  The more the season goes on the more reps he will get. 

azhog10

Quote from: colbs on September 12, 2016, 12:50:31 pm
It seems like blocking has been the biggest issue with freshmen RBs as long as I can remember.  Devwah will be fine and I bet he gets quite a few carries this weekend.  The more the season goes on the more reps he will get.
Our sophomore and six year RBs still struggle to pass block.

colbs

Quote from: azhog10 on September 12, 2016, 12:59:07 pm
Our sophomore and six year RBs still struggle to pass block.
I think for the most part they were good Saturday.  Also, have you ever posted anything positive?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: colbs on September 12, 2016, 01:02:13 pm
I think for the most part they were good Saturday.  Also, have you ever posted anything positive?

In another forum. ;)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on September 12, 2016, 01:02:13 pm

Only in JB.....

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.