Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley

Started by bokid12, September 11, 2016, 06:17:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bokid12

I'm a big Kody Walker fan but he rushed 7 times for 19 yards with a long of 6 yards.  I know Whaley is young, but I think he should get more of those touches?

al_pigcino

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ADavisTheGOAT

Whaley will probably get 10-12 touches vs Texas State.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

razorbackfan4life

I think he will get 10-15 carries next game.  That is if we play well early. 

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 11, 2016, 06:20:42 pm
Whaley will probably get 10-12 touches vs Texas State.

Probably the bigger end of that range.

RME

Quote from: bokid12 on September 11, 2016, 06:17:21 pm
I'm a big Kody Walker fan but he rushed 7 times for 19 yards with a long of 6 yards.  I know Whaley is young, but I think he should get more of those touches?

I'm a big Bret Bielema fan, so I'm gonna defer to the guy who knows his team inside and out to judge how to divide carries.

Whaley's time will come. He's a true freshman 2 games into his college career.

presidenthog

Kody walker hasn't gained a step after losing 20 lbs.

Whaley clearly has a first step that none of the other backs have. He needs reps. I hope he gets them this week.

jcbville

RWIII ran well. Kody is a beast but is more of a FB. I think and I'm guessing they are bringing DW along nice and easy so that he's fresh when he needs to step up and then you'll have RWIII KW FB and DW which would be a 3 headed monster.

tophawg19

I'm hoping we see Hammonds get in too
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hamstring

Devwah will see more touches this weekend and more as the season progresses. They are bringing him along slowly, but he will definitely be a bigger factor as the season moves fwd.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 11, 2016, 06:27:04 pm
I'm hoping we see Hammonds get in too

First they have to fix his jersey. That Akransas almost killed me when I found out.
This is my non-signature signature.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2016, 06:28:50 pm
First they have to fix his jersey. That Akransas almost killed me when I found out.

All those tours and almost done in by a jersey.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Locutus_of_Boar

DW isn't going to replace Walker for the situations Walker is in the game.  DW's job is to improve enough to spell RWIII and keep him fresh for late in the games.  Hopefully DW gets meaningful carries this weekend and against Alcorn.

tophawg19

can't believe the let him wear that instead of a different number .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 11, 2016, 06:18:11 pm
No

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 11, 2016, 06:20:26 pm
Yes

Maybe?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 11, 2016, 06:22:10 pm
I'm a big Bret Bielema fan, so I'm gonna defer to the guy who knows his team inside and out to judge how to divide carries.

Whaley's time will come. He's a true freshman 2 games into his college career.

Yep.....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

1 hog n eldo

If I remember right a guy named Darren McFadden didn't get many touches his first couple games either as a freshman.

reddogjcss

I'm sure he will be show cased this weekend.

BallHog1

Until they trust him to block and not get the qb killed, he just needs to keep learning. His time is coming.

theFlyingHog

I would say everybody plays v Tx St but it seems like BB likes to get the 1's as many reps as possible

Ragnar Hogbrok

Last night was a big game.  Couldn't afford a freshman mistake.  That being said, I believe the young man has talent to be our best ... eventually.  I'm sure he'll start getting reps in the next game.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Großer Kriegschwein

AugustaHog

If he's as good as advertised, we will need him in a couple weeks.  I hope his chin is up and he's prepared to force their hand.  If he gets 12 carries, I hope he shows out.  And pass blocks well.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 11, 2016, 06:50:54 pm
Until they trust him to block and not get the qb killed, he just needs to keep learning. His time is coming.

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogsanity

pass blocking is a huge issue with young backs. DWIII and KW are both really good a it. With the line issues right now, AA needs a personal protector back there.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WayneHawg

If you watch close. He doesn't pick up the blocks on passing plays yet and then he comes out of the game

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I wanna see more of Hayden outta the backfield. I like what I saw on that pass play to him.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Pig in the Pokey

it's called "pass pro" and it is what freshman RBs usually lack early in the season.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Mike_e

Annnnnnd there you go.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

I hope the seconds get many plays next week.  If history repeats they won't.  We need to learn if the seconds across the board understand anything about the game, especially RB and QB.

Dionysos25

This. He's straight up whiffing on blocks.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

rtr

Quote from: 1 hog n eldo on September 11, 2016, 06:39:05 pm
If I remember right a guy named Darren McFadden didn't get many touches his first couple games either as a freshman.
He should have on the goal line against Vanderbilt in 2005.  Felix Jones too.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

AirWarren

I'm tired of Walker hitting the hole and being upended for 1-3 yard gains. It's horrible.

hawginbigd1

I am surprised he isn't getting Alex Collins type carries, AC was a big part of game plan in game 1. Now we do have to remember we started 3-0 that year on our way to 3-9 so that might have something to do with the difference. #15 TCU in game 2 on the road. might be the biggest factor, vs. 3 mostly cupcakes to start the season at home.

Also surprised Duwop isn't getting 6 or 7 plays a game on some sweeps/screens and fakes off of those to open some deep shots. I thought they might have him play a Korliss Marshall type role, but it is a different OC.

98hogs

Houston Nutt made the mistake of letting McFadden and Jones sit for the first couple of games.  Big Mistake

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 98hogs on September 11, 2016, 08:57:45 pm
Houston Nutt made the mistake of letting McFadden and Jones sit for the first couple of games.  Big Mistake

Same thing he wanted to do to Mustain in 06 until he almost got frag'd during the USCw game after starting Robert Johnson and the stomping that followed.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: AP85 on September 11, 2016, 08:47:15 pm
I'm tired of Walker hitting the hole and being upended for 1-3 yard gains. It's horrible.

i've not focused on his blocking, but his ball carries are useless. i see nothing studly in him at all. he's neither beastly nor elusive.
The rest of the frog.

TNRazorbacker

Thinking its probably best to let the coaches determine that. If he isn't getting touches yet there's a reason.

Hogball58

Give DW some carries . Please  He was one of the best in the country. Don't put him in to block  Hand him the ball. Without the one long run by RWIII they were averaging like two yards a touch KW is slow and goes down immediately  He may get a yard  sometimes two. Its the same with Sosa on defense. Let your horses play  He got the sack  back on the side line?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 12247 on September 11, 2016, 08:33:42 pm
I hope the seconds get many plays next week.  If history repeats they won't.  We need to learn if the seconds across the board understand anything about the game, especially RB and QB.
Baffling post. What on Earth makes you think the backups won't play against Texas State??
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogball58 on September 11, 2016, 09:10:19 pm
Give DW some carries . Please  He was one of the best in the country. Don't put him in to block  Hand him the ball. Without the one long run by RWIII they were averaging like two yards a touch KW is slow and goes down immediately  He may get a yard  sometimes two. Its the same with Sosa on defense. Let your horses play  He got the sack  back on the side line?
kid averages 4.6/ypc and just rushed for 147! Where do you people come from?
@Slackaveli

RazorPiggie

If he picks up pass blocking he'll surpass Walker. Walker is sssslllloooowwwwww.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2016, 09:11:20 pm
Baffling post. What on Earth makes you think the backups won't play against Texas State??
I agree with him IMO CBB has historically been slow to go to the backups

B501

His time is coming sooner rather than later hopefully

sowmonella

I would love to see us actually crush TX State, run up the score and get some PT for the backups.  These past two weeks have been hard on this old man. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

BadHog

So is it "Waaay ley" as the TV announcers are pronouncing it or "Wall-ley" as I've heard from others? Which is the correct pronounciation?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

go hogues

Quote from: BadHog on September 11, 2016, 10:22:17 pm
So is it "Waaay ley" as the TV announcers are pronouncing it or "Wall-ley" as I've heard from others? Which is the correct pronounciation?
The former
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

LRHawg

Cody is in there and getting carries, because of his blitz pickup and defense-reading abilities. He gets just enough carries to keep the D honest. Once Whaley learns to pick up blitzes, Cody will likely go back to fullback.

Memhogs

Only thing that's sticking in the back of my mind is that AC got a lot of carries right off the bat. Maybe CBB found some fault in that and is easing DW into the cold water a lil slower.
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.