Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN bowl projections after Week 3

Started by JHicks3636, September 11, 2016, 06:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

popcornhog

These predictions would have us either in the Texas Bowl vs Okie St or Belk Bowl vs Miami.
WPS

Dirty

I disagree with those picks for the hogs! 

GuvHog

Quote from: popcornhog on September 11, 2016, 06:06:56 pm
These predictions would have us either in the Texas Bowl vs Okie St or Belk Bowl vs Miami.

Returning to the Texas Bowl would be disappointing but the Belk Bowl would be a bit of an improvement. I think they'll do better than those though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LZH

No way we will be asked to travel all the way to Charlotte. More like Memphis or Nashville if we're in the 7 or 8 win neighborhood.

TNhawgfan

I would go to Nashville or charlotte. I'm done with Memphis for a while
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

popcornhog

Quote from: LZH on September 11, 2016, 06:12:50 pm
No way we will be asked to travel all the way to Charlotte. More like Memphis or Nashville if we're in the 7 or 8 win neighborhood.

For the bulk of y'all living in Arkansas, you'd have a direct flight on American.

Personally, I think Charlotte would be a cool destination.

That said, I hope we end up with more than 8 wins and a better bowl. But in all honesty, i had us around 7-5 pre-season with a loss at TCU, so who knows. Eight wins seems much more attainable now. Even nine or ten wins seems possible with some luck, no injuries, and a little help from the officiating crews.
WPS

GuvHog

Quote from: LZH on September 11, 2016, 06:12:50 pm

A trip to the Liberty Bowl for the Hogs would be the 3rd time in 7 years so I don't see that happening.

sowmonella

I'm thinking a warmer climate for our bowl game. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

GoHogs1091

Pretty poor projections.

There is no way 2 teams from the Big 10 are going to get into the 4 team playoff.

HogFanOSU

The real joke is Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl.  No Way!

GuvHog

Quote from: HogFanOSU on September 12, 2016, 08:48:55 am
The real joke is Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl.  No Way!

I agree. I believe the Sugar Bowl would take a 1 loss team that places 2nd in the SEC West before they'd take an SEC East Champion that has at least 2 losses.

Pig in the Pokey

this made me LOL

Dollar General Bowl

Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama
Dec. 23, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Appalachian State vs. Western Michigan
McMurphy: Appalachian State vs. Western Michigan
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

LZH

Quote from: popcornhog on September 11, 2016, 06:23:39 pm
For the bulk of y'all living in Arkansas, you'd have a direct flight on American.

Personally, I think Charlotte would be a cool destination.

That said, I hope we end up with more than 8 wins and a better bowl. But in all honesty, i had us around 7-5 pre-season with a loss at TCU, so who knows. Eight wins seems much more attainable now. Even nine or ten wins seems possible with some luck, no injuries, and a little help from the officiating crews.

I live in Tampa Bay these days so Charlotte would be a snap for me. I could fly out of Clearwater/St. Pete for a song and a dance.  But most Hog fans drive, so I don't know how well that would turn out.

GoHogs1091

Schlabach and McMurphy may want to rethink their Florida State projection.  FSU's Safety, Derwin James, has a torn meniscus and will be out for awhile.

James is an All-American, and is regarded as being their best defensive player in addition to being regarded as the QB of their Defense.

scorekeeper

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 12, 2016, 02:08:10 pm
Schlabach and McMurphy may want to rethink their Florida State projection.  FSU's Safety, Derwin James, has a torn meniscus and will be out for awhile.

James is an All-American, and is regarded as being their best defensive player in addition to being regarded as the QB of their Defense.
Any thoughts on their prediction for the Russell Athletic Bowl?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: scorekeeper on September 12, 2016, 02:52:24 pm
Any thoughts on their prediction for the Russell Athletic Bowl?

Highly doubtful that matchup occurs for the Russell Athletic Bowl.

WizardofhOgZ

Hmmm . . . that's exactly the same two Bowls and opponents they had us in last week.  Makes me wonder if they have updated all of them, or just the CFP Bowls . . .

PorkSoda

Quote from: sowmonella on September 11, 2016, 09:52:22 pm
I'm thinking a warmer climate for our bowl game. :razorback:
hawaii bowl!  I might actually be able to make a game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.