Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Worth Star photos

Started by HamIAm, September 11, 2016, 04:53:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

I wish the crowd was in a little better focus.  A good contrast between Hog and Frog reactions to Ellis TD.

more photos with the article

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article101190752.html

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DeltaBoy

The Telegram sports dept got some good guys with cameras.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsfan31

The guy in the red shirt, with the girl in the white at the bottom left hand side of the photo look like they are having a moment.

That is a great photo. Hog fans rejoicing and Frog fans in agony.

hoghearted

Quote from: hogsfan31 on September 12, 2016, 10:55:38 am
The guy in the red shirt, with the girl in the white at the bottom left hand side of the photo look like they are having a moment.

That is a great photo. Hog fans rejoicing and Frog fans in agony.

lol, I didn't see that 'til you pointed it out. One of the biggest highlights of the game, and they appear to be totally missing it.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

JaketheSnake

Picture 45.  Hjalte has lost some weight!

rmcchris

Agree, great photos.  If you haven't yet, listen to the attached interview of Patterson.  Man does he throw his players under the bus and in a lot of areas (great players, bad players, got to make a tackle, played bad on the corners last week and this week, etc.).  It will be interesting to see how the TCU players react to that as the season builds?  I'm sure glad our coach does not do that in the media.  It is one thing to get on a player but to do it in the media is just bad for the team.  Thanks Coach B.!

PorkRinds

Quote from: rmcchris on September 12, 2016, 11:38:43 am
Agree, great photos.  If you haven't yet, listen to the attached interview of Patterson.  Man does he throw his players under the bus and in a lot of areas (great players, bad players, got to make a tackle, played bad on the corners last week and this week, etc.).  It will be interesting to see how the TCU players react to that as the season builds?  I'm sure glad our coach does not do that in the media.  It is one thing to get on a player but to do it in the media is just bad for the team.  Thanks Coach B.!
Our coach is not beyond schooling a kid to the media. He doesn't usually do it by name after a loss, in fact I've never heard him do that. But he will call out players in his pressers.

The Kig

Guess they decided that even though he accounted for the majority of the Offensive production, Kenny Hill didn't warrant an interview.  Or maybe he continued to be a [CENSORED] and didn't say anything printable.  Or maybe he was off limits to the press...

Whatever the reason, would think the press would ask the guy that was responsible for getting them back into the game and then making a huge mental error for his thoughts.
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2016, 11:42:58 am
Our coach is not beyond schooling a kid to the media. He doesn't usually do it by name after a loss, in fact I've never heard him do that. But he will call out players in his pressers.

Yeah, but CBB's seem to be more strategic... designed to light a fire under someone, more than to denigrate them.  He doesn't try to sugar coat when thinks break down, but it also doesn't seem to be simply venting frustrations and blaming players.
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: hoghearted on September 12, 2016, 10:59:26 am
lol, I didn't see that 'til you pointed it out. One of the biggest highlights of the game, and they appear to be totally missing it.

They were "negotiating" post game activities.  Dude was focused exactly where any smart guy should be when he gets seated next to a hot girl from the other team.
Poker Porker

jjdlc

Quote from: HamIAm on September 11, 2016, 04:53:02 pm
I wish the crowd was in a little better focus.  A good contrast between Hog and Frog reactions to Ellis TD.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article101190752.html

Look at all the surrender cobras!

FineAsSwine

Glad we won because this is how salty MMQB would have been.

<quote>
Jason Putnam · Sales at Fujitsu America

There is no doubt that Patterson has lost it on defense. Every single game this year and last year is about falling behind and coming back. He plays kids by seniority and not talent. It's really become pathetic. The whole game plan looks like playing to keep from losing on both sides of the ball. There is no longer any mixed up aggressive plays on defense, and the offense is the same dump pass to the left over and over. I already sold my tickets for next week on stub hub, and the other games are also listed. Ranthany Texada, the left corner, should never play another game. That kid by himself lost both games for TCU. The kicker kicks a line drive and should never kick again. Watch, both will now be out, but why did it take so long to realize that. The year is over for TCU because of the ultra conservative play calling on both sides. You cannot play for the final 4 losing to a team like Arkansas and barely beating an FCS like South Dakota State. Wake up and play to win!

Like · Reply · Sep 11, 2016 8:08am
</quote>

TrueBlue

A lot of Surrender Cobras I am seeing!!

Ironhawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 12, 2016, 12:03:36 pm
Glad we won because this is how salty MMQB would have been.

<quote>
Jason Putnam · Sales at Fujitsu America

There is no doubt that Patterson has lost it on defense. Every single game this year and last year is about falling behind and coming back. He plays kids by seniority and not talent. It's really become pathetic. The whole game plan looks like playing to keep from losing on both sides of the ball. There is no longer any mixed up aggressive plays on defense, and the offense is the same dump pass to the left over and over. I already sold my tickets for next week on stub hub, and the other games are also listed. Ranthany Texada, the left corner, should never play another game. That kid by himself lost both games for TCU. The kicker kicks a line drive and should never kick again. Watch, both will now be out, but why did it take so long to realize that. The year is over for TCU because of the ultra conservative play calling on both sides. You cannot play for the final 4 losing to a team like Arkansas and barely beating an FCS like South Dakota State. Wake up and play to win!

Like · Reply · Sep 11, 2016 8:08am
</quote>

"You cannot play for the final 4 losing to a team like Arkansas..."   

southhog

Show those cobra stance fans.  I really for some football

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 12, 2016, 12:43:46 pm
"You cannot play for the final 4 losing to a team like Arkansas..."

Lots of pain, hate and envy in that sentence. I don't think there is a pharmaceutical pill for that problem yet.

rmcchris

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2016, 11:42:58 am
Better stated than my comments.  It should be to your point, when Coach B does it, it is the right way at least and about the team more so than individuals or individual positions?

Smokehouse

Quote from: rmcchris on September 12, 2016, 11:38:43 am

In the pre-game package, on of the defense players said something along the lines of "Coach Patterson has been telling us we're terrible all week. We know we need to go out and prove him wrong."

Maybe Patterson just thought some reverse psychology would work with this group, or maybe the player was exaggerating what was being said. I don't think it's terrible, but I also can't imagine CBB spending a week telling his guys they suck. Seems more constructive to blast them for their mistakes and hold them accountable when they screw up, but let them know you're blasting them because they're capable of doing better.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Paul

Did anyone read the article where Patterson said the throat slash is part of a religious ritual of Hill's ?

denver1

Ok, I see a hear no evil see no evil and speak no evil right above the dude in the TCU shirt