Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

@ TCU Game

Started by younghog, September 11, 2016, 03:05:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

younghog

What a game... The wife and I truly enjoy the game and the TCU Fans..

TCU Fans were surprised on how deep our travel and local fan base was. The stadium had Razorback red in 20% of sections not being Visitors; As the stadium only holds 45k or so it was rocking when the HOGS got that hog call later.

Defensively: We could have not played a better first half. Our reads were perfect and our secondary were on point.. Ellis was rocking yet after his INT, several times he was in position but didn't have the speed to match. I hope this doesn't lead to teams thinking he is a weakness. I think we really got beat on the inside wide receiver screens more than anything.. Vertically I just saw 1 bust and then allowing KHill to run a few all in all throughout the game our kids performed as they should. I was surprised their back ran on as easily as he did sometimes..

Offensively: I felt they pulled away from RWIII to show we can do more than pass. He was hot and Devwah couldn't have gotten hot with more chances. Sprinkle is a beast.. However the guy everyone one asking me about on the shuttle to parking was #80. One guy said that #80 (I said Drew Morgan) he wouldn't miss anything. Our wideouts were clutch, Hatcher as always doing his thing and like that he wrapped his hair.. Reed to me needed more passes.. However Reeds blocking was the best I have seen out of him. He was blocking and chipping so much that he could have played TE. Cantrell was open so many times it made me wonder.. There was a play where Drew score and #44 was so open in the end zone, even though we score that should have been the first play on the next series. Now to Allen; hands down this kid has impressed me almost every series. Thus far he is becoming a very solid player with guts and a great ball. TV view is all HD, but seeing it real-time above the  field you would be amazed of the complexity of some of the throws he made.

No comment on the 22 yard miss, however with 4 chances i.e. 1st and goal to make it 27 to 6 and we can't punch it in or screen it in from the 4.. I got concerned.. Our Defense mojo went bye bye as well. Where were the screens anyway.. I don't remember 1.

Coaching: You can tell the coaches are coaching excellence.. Obvious with the amount of timeouts called at key times in the first half. Enos got very hot on one play (probably not on the air) after a timeout yet when the O came over he seemed like he was saying a prayer as the animation was gone..

Had a nice little jab with a kid and his mom in the concession area before the game.. Kid saw all those HOG FANS and said. 'I'm getting scared, I don't think we will win'.. I laughed and said good thoughts kid.. Mom sees my Hog gear obviously and said 'no.. don't think like that'.. I said 'keep those thoughts'.. she said 'geesh  glad he is not on the field playing..' I said I know right.. 'got closer and told him to follow his heart'.. We got a great laugh and moved on..

Most of the restaurants in that area shut down, so we came closer to HEB and partied at BJ's close to 1pm.. Did it big and loved it all.. I'll try to compile my pics and videos and make a clip and post it..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: younghog on September 11, 2016, 03:05:51 pm

TCU Fans were surprised on how deep our travel and local fan base was. The stadium had Razorback red in 20% of sections not being Visitors; As the stadium only holds 45k or so it was rocking when the HOGS got that hog call later.

Defensively: We could have not played a better first half. Our reads were perfect and our secondary were on point.. Ellis was rocking yet after his INT, several times he was in position but didn't have the speed to match. I hope this doesn't lead to teams thinking he is a weakness. I think we really got beat on the inside wide receiver screens more than anything.. Vertically I just saw 1 bust and then allowing KHill to run a few all in all throughout the game our kids performed as they should. I was surprised their back ran on as easily as he did sometimes..

Offensively: I felt they pulled away from RWIII to show we can do more than pass. He was hot and Devwah couldn't have gotten hot with more chances. Sprinkle is a beast.. However the guy everyone one asking me about on the shuttle to parking was #80. One guy said that #80 (I said Drew Morgan) he wouldn't miss anything. Our wideouts were clutch, Hatcher as always doing his thing and like that he wrapped his hair.. Reed to me needed more passes.. However Reeds blocking was the best I have seen out of him. He was blocking and chipping so much that he could have played TE. Cantrell was open so many times it made me wonder.. There was a play where Drew score and #44 was so open in the end zone, even though we score that should have been the first play on the next series. Now to Allen; hands down this kid has impressed me almost every series. Thus far he is becoming a very solid player with guts and a great ball. TV view is all HD, but seeing it real-time above the  field you would be amazed of the complexity of some of the throws he made.

No comment on the 22 yard miss, however with 4 chances i.e. 1st and goal to make it 27 to 6 and we can't punch it in or screen it in from the 4.. I got concerned.. Our Defense mojo went bye bye as well. Where were the screens anyway.. I don't remember 1.

Coaching: You can tell the coaches are coaching excellence.. Obvious with the amount of timeouts called at key times in the first half. Enos got very hot on one play (probably not on the air) after a timeout yet when the O came over he seemed like he was saying a prayer as the animation was gone..

Had a nice little jab with a kid and his mom in the concession area before the game.. Kid saw all those HOG FANS and said. 'I'm getting scared, I don't think we will win'.. I laughed and said good thoughts kid.. Mom sees my Hog gear obviously and said 'no.. don't think like that'.. I said 'keep those thoughts'.. she said 'geesh  glad he is not on the field playing..' I said I know right.. 'got closer and told him to follow his heart'.. We got a great laugh and moved on..

Most of the restaurants in that area shut down, so we came closer to HEB and partied at BJ's close to 1pm.. Did it big and loved it all.. I'll try to compile my pics and videos and make a clip and post it..

GO HOGS

Why should TCU fans be surprised at the travel of Hog fans especially in the DFW area where we have a LOT of fans and alums.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Lanny

Looking forward to your pictures
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Porkette

I bet there is something of a generational gap between TCU fans with regard to Arkansas. Those old enough to remember the old SWC days would certainly know about our program's history and fan base. Many younger fans, or those who started watching when TCU became good, may have known very little.

No matter the opponent, always lots of hog fans representing in Dallas!  :razorback:
GO HOGS GO!

younghog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 11, 2016, 04:15:57 pm
Why should TCU fans be surprised at the travel of Hog fans especially in the DFW area where we have a LOT of fans and alums.

Possibly because we have been out of the SWC since 92.. So those people NOT your age or older I can see it.. I'm just telling you on the convos I had.. GO HOGS
GO HOGS

hamstring

Quote from: younghog on September 11, 2016, 03:05:51 pm

GO HOGS

I put the emphasis on the coaching point for a reason. I see the same thing,should shut up the Houston Nutt 2.0 people, but it wont. BB is an excellent game manager and seems to get better every year. Overall excellent observations and i agree with most of what you said.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: younghog on September 11, 2016, 05:17:25 pm
Possibly because we have been out of the SWC since 92.. So those people NOT your age or older I can see it.. I'm just telling you on the convos I had.. GO HOGS

We play in tejas every year at College Station or Jerry world and draw a good number of attendees. Just because one is young and in tejas they should know that we travel well as do most teams playing only a few hundred miles away from their core fanbase, especially at another area with a large fanbase where they play regularly.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

theFlyingHog

Who has the quote about Drew Morgan in their sig line? Something about Waffle House, he's always open and he'll run right through you

GuvHog

Quote from: hamstring on September 11, 2016, 06:25:25 pm
I put the emphasis on the coaching point for a reason. I see the same thing,should shut up the Houston Nutt 2.0 people, but it wont. BB is an excellent game manager and seems to get better every year. Overall excellent observations and i agree with most of what you said.

I would just ignore them. They post that stuff just to draw the ire of some other posters and get them to respond.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

Look forward to your pictures.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 12, 2016, 07:00:07 am
We play in tejas every year at College Station or Jerry world and draw a good number of attendees. Just because one is young and in tejas they should know that we travel well as do most teams playing only a few hundred miles away from their core fanbase, especially at another area with a large fan base where they play regularly.

You, I and everyone posting/reading here knows that.  Aggies have now been reminded, as were the Horns in the 2014 Bowl.  But how many TCU fans attend our game vs. the Aggies, or pay any attention to Arkansas at all? 

The other poster nailed it - TCU fans over 40 understand what kind of fan base we have in general, and in DEW specifically.  Those under that age (particularly the ones in school right now), have no idea.  And wouldn't ever have cared, had we not invaded their campus and forced them to notice.