Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 25 Poll -- Arkansas #24

Started by NuttinItUp, September 11, 2016, 01:04:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas Fan

I don't know why some of y'all are obsessed with being ranked. Arkansas does better being the hunter and not the hunted.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 11, 2016, 10:54:52 pm
I don't know why some of y'all are obsessed with being ranked. Arkansas does better being the hunter and not the hunted.
To make the playoffs? Don't ever go full ninny.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2016, 10:53:22 pm
somehow they are +4 @Auburn. Sounds like a lock but I never bet Aggie. Going to grab some of that Mizzou +8 @home vs UGA, tho.

Geez, that does seem like a lock. So, you are saying Auburn is favored by 4 pts right? I don't see how that is possible.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2016, 10:55:56 pm
To make the playoffs? Don't ever go full ninny.

Stop it. We're not going to the playoffs.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 11, 2016, 10:58:50 pm
Stop it. We're not going to the playoffs.

You never know. Stranger things have happened. Like on that show Stranger Things.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: YtownHog on September 11, 2016, 10:52:52 pm
Nope, they just saw that Clemson needed a phantom "whistle" on a would be scoop and score to beat the night Troy Ttojans.

The Clemson RB's forward progress had already been stopped.  Not Clemson's fault that the Officials were tardy with blowing the whistle.  The forward progress of the Clemson RB had been stopped for quite awhile.

That reminded me of the time we were playing Alabama, and the Officials just stood there and allowed Alabama Defensive players to continue to pile on Cedric Cobbs without blowing the whistle even though Cobbs' forward progress had been stopped for quite awhile.  Due to the piling on by the Alabama Defensive players, Cobbs eventually went down hard on his shoulder, and injured his shoulder.  Cobbs was never the same after that shoulder injury.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 11, 2016, 11:18:18 pm
The Clemson RB's forward progress had already been stopped.  Not Clemson's fault that the Officials were tardy with blowing the whistle.  The forward progress of the Clemson RB had been stopped for quite awhile.

That reminded me of the time we were playing Alabama, and the Officials just stood there and allowed Alabama Defensive players to continue to pile on Cedric Cobbs without blowing the whistle even though Cobbs' forward progress had been stopped for quite awhile.  Due to the piling on by the Alabama Defensive players, Cobbs eventually went down hard on his shoulder, and injured his shoulder.  Cobbs was never the same after that shoulder injury.

You might as well change your name to "GoClemson1091"

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 11, 2016, 11:46:31 pm
You might as well change your name to "GoClemson1091"

We weren't the only team yesterday that had poor officiating.

That Clemson/Troy game had some atrocious officiating.  That game had no flow to it due the poor officiating.

Despite the poor officiating we had to endure, thanks to Marc Curles and his Crew, at least our game with TCU had a flow to it.

Nosboar Accubond

Just win - the rest will take care of itself.

Piggage

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 11, 2016, 01:40:22 pm
What an inexact system. If Skipper hadn't blocked a field goal, TCU would probably be #13 or higher but that one play knocks them out of the top 25 altogether. Lol.

If Skipper hadn't blocked the FG, TCU may have dropped a spot or two for needing the closing seconds to pull out a close home win over an unranked opponent. Dropping in the polls for closer than expected victories is apparently a trend this year.

Another trend seems to be letting the results of overtime speak VERY loudly as to whether teams are good or bad. We're beneficiaries of that this week, and I'll take it, but sometimes the better team wins in OT, and sometimes the ball just bounces the other team's way. A Notre Dame team that had absolutely no business starting in the top 10 comes up a little short in OT, and Texas goes from unranked to #11? Texas was one mistake away from losing in OT and staying unranked. Maybe these OT games draw more attention because they go long and there's a lot of attention given to the end of the game and highlights afterwards.

DLUXHOG

what I don't understand is how OU is ranked at 14 after Houston rolled all over them......(yes I know OU rolled over ULM badly in Norman.... so what?).   they're 1-1 and there are a plethora of undefeated teams ranked lower than them......   Oh yeah, and Ole Miss at 19?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 12, 2016, 09:04:39 am
what I don't understand is how OU is ranked at 14 after Houston rolled all over them......(yes I know OU rolled over ULM badly in Norman.... so what?).   they're 1-1 and there are a plethora of undefeated teams ranked lower than them......   Oh yeah, and Ole Miss at 19?

OU is playing Ohio State this weekend, so they may be 1-2 and out of the top 25 come next Sunday.

longpig

Good to be a part of SECw ranking dominance again.  8 SEC (5 West), 5 Big Ten, 4 ACC, 3 Big 12, 3 Pac 12, 1 Independent, 1 CUSA.
Don't be scared, be smart.