Started by marty houston, September 10, 2016, 04:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

hogpc

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 10, 2016, 06:17:55 pm
I just have never seen an officiating crew decide after a play decide to review the PREVIOUS play. There job is to decide that before the snap. They took too long to make the decision there. Plus the call on the field was catch and there wasn't sufficient evidence to overturn that call there.

The play was stopped, but it was stopped just before the ball was snapped.

kp72204

lahawg1

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Smokehouse

Quote from: Wildhog on September 10, 2016, 06:16:27 pm
Even if it was the right call for that play, another play had already been run.

I didn't even see a ref attempting to stop the play. No whistles, anything. Play ran in its entirety, then Curles just goes "oh, well, we totally wanted to stop it but we didn't, so we're going back." Unbelievable.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

bpoecell

They're making the rules up. Once the ball is placed the previous play is dead and you CAN NOT review it. To further hone the point we RAN ANOTHER PLAY. What the hell?

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Hogz87

BigSexyHog

Quote from: bpoecell on September 10, 2016, 06:20:50 pm
They're making the rules up. Once the ball is placed the previous play is dead and you CAN NOT review it. To further hone the point we RAN ANOTHER PLAY. What the hell?

You don't follow football very much do you?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

kp72204

lets go DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDefense!!!!!!!!!!

Hawgphish

looks like we don't have as many players as they do when we are on defense

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: alohawg on September 10, 2016, 06:22:29 pm
No pressure.

I think we are staying in our lanes to make Hill throw from the pocket and not run against us. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

runninhog

Tequilin' Time

kp72204

Bacons Rebellion

HogPharmer

We aren't gonna win if this is like last years Texas Tech game. We need some defense.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

alohawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 10, 2016, 06:23:25 pm
I think we are staying in our lanes to make Hill throw from the pocket and not run against us. 

Could be, good point.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Smokehouse

An open field tackle made on 3rd and long? More of that, please.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

bpoecell

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 10, 2016, 06:22:04 pm
You don't follow football very much do you?

Obviously not as much as you. Care to cite some examples of this happening?

Wildhog

Seriously though, was there a rule change?  The rule has always been that once the ball is snapped the previous play is not reviewable.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Danny J

Tight press coverage caught them off guard on that play call going for it on 4th. They weren't expecting that

NuttinItUp

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 10, 2016, 06:18:35 pm
Yes, that is why it went to 2nd and 10 and we ran two more plays before FG.

True Dat:  Brain Fart on my end. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: alohawg on September 10, 2016, 06:24:53 pm
Could be, good point.

Secondary is going to have to make some plays especially when Hill makes a mistake. 

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

wildhogman

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 10, 2016, 06:22:42 pm
Missed opportunity for an int. 
OTOH it was a great play by the DB. He defended a pass thrown to a wide open WR. Left his man and made a great play. head up on his part, but a bust somewhere on D to allow a WR that deep wide open

Wildhog

Quote from: bpoecell on September 10, 2016, 06:25:39 pm
Obviously not as much as you. Care to cite some examples of this happening?

You said "placed."  I think you mean "snapped."
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Danny J

SooiecidetillNuttgone

He was in control.
He hit the ground.
The defensive player made the ball wiggle.

Not a catch?

Does the receiver now have to superglue the ball to their hands and then pry it off to give to the OFFICIAL?

Isn't this getting a bit ridiculous?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Wildhog on September 10, 2016, 06:25:47 pm
Seriously though, was there a rule change?  The rule has always been that once the ball is snapped the previous play is not reviewable.

I think refs can do pretty much what they want.

Kind of like judges.

They might get in trouble after the fact, but in the moment, they can do pretty much whatever they want.

dsgreen

Quote from: Wildhog on September 10, 2016, 06:25:47 pm

They mentioned that one of the refs called for the play to stop but nobody heard it.  I was under the same impression, surprised they went back after a play had been ran.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Atlhogfan1

And that is why you don't aggressively rush him. 

elksnort

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Bacons Rebellion

Didn't you just KNOW Hill would run for that first down? Really?