Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Bret Bielema ahead of, right on, or behind schedule?

Started by Joe Lee Kimes Jr., September 04, 2016, 12:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

At the start of his 4th season, Bret Bielema is

Ahead of schedule.
15 (2.5%)
Right on schedule.
352 (59.7%)
Behind schedule
223 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 589

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 08, 2016, 09:09:58 pm
Who would have thought that, 4 years in, Arkansas would be stacked at WR but O lineman poor?  It's the complete reverse of what I would have expected.

Saturday night will tell us a lot about the OL.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 08, 2016, 09:17:11 pm
Saturday night will tell us a lot about the OL.

The TCU game probably is a bit of a bellwether matchup. I like Arkansas' chances more than many. TCU struggled with a South Dakota State squad. I expect the game to be reasonably close.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 08, 2016, 09:19:24 pm
The TCU game probably is a bit of a bellwether matchup. I like Arkansas' chances more than many. TCU struggled with a South Dakota State squad. I expect the game to be reasonably close.

Yep, close.  Both struggled week 1, but both should look different Saturday night. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 08, 2016, 09:09:58 pm
Who would have thought that, 4 years in, Arkansas would be stacked at WR but O lineman poor?  It's the complete reverse of what I would have expected.
Yea I guess all the O-line talk from CBB was just talk.   Maybe he's too busy making tv shows about himself to do any croot'n.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Raiserback

The hogs are 8-1 in their last nine games including three road wins over top 20 teams. I'd say he's ahead of schedule.

870hogfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 09, 2016, 09:50:51 pm
Yea I guess all the O-line talk from CBB was just talk.   Maybe he's too busy making tv shows about himself to do any croot'n.

You can go back to hiding now...

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Raiserback on September 11, 2016, 12:29:30 am
The hogs are 8-1 in their last nine games including three road wins over top 20 teams. I'd say he's ahead of schedule.

That's an amazing stat and one that SHOULD be earning us some respect.  I heard it mentioned several time on SECN and ESPN yesterday.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 11, 2016, 10:00:54 am
That's an amazing stat and one that SHOULD be earning us some respect.  I heard it mentioned several time on SECN and ESPN yesterday.

Yes, we won , but I'm losing confidence in this staff. An offensive miracle was required because of first an offensive implosion and second a complete special teams blunder.

It's all about consistency.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 11, 2016, 06:40:22 pm

Yes, we won , but I'm losing confidence in this staff. An offensive miracle was required because of first an offensive implosion and second a complete special teams blunder.

8-1 in last 9 wth 3 of those against top 20 teams on the road, thats pretty consistent.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hamstring

Just Admit that you never had faith in this staff and be done with the charade.

gchamblee

secfan30

You're an example of what's wrong with this board.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FutureMan

Quote from: Raiserback on September 11, 2016, 12:29:30 am

Damn, that's pretty impressive right there.  If you have any problem with this team or with this coaching staff than you have your own malicious agenda that you are following because the facts do not reinforce your position.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas had a very good game plan against TCU, but the offense is still not rolling and could not execute the plan as intended. Arkansas's desire to control the football led to too many punts and red zone failures. After stopping TCU eight times in nine possessions, the Razorbacks started to run out of gas on defense. Had the Hogs gotten the 27-7 lead they should have + kicked off without incident (a longshot), the defense might have finished with more steam.

Beyond strategy and planning (and awful timeout management), the coaches have instilled a lot of good things in this football team. Not everything goes as planned, and then what do you have left? When the game is on the line, Arkansas has courage, resilience, and flexibility.
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

Some of you are so funny.

I wish I could have watched you play so I could have witnessed perfection on the gridiron first hand.

I mean, we have won 8 out of 9 and keep beating teams that are supposed to be better, but clearly we are trending in the wrong way anyhow. I mean our offense bogged down in the redzone for crying out loud. No offense bogs down in the redzone. And did you see Allen stare down the hole he was going to run through at the end? Gotta stop that. Needs to learn to no look pass and run backwards through the holes so the linebacker can't read his eyes. One day he will learn -- if coach is smart enough to come hire away a couple consultants from us here.